• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Door2Dawn said:
Kerry never had a chance anyway.
Whether he did or didn't, he was playing catch-up at this point, with the need to sweep multiple battleground states to win.

The roles are reversed now.

GhaleonEB

gkrykewy said:
:lol :lol

Per Olbermann, NYT reporting a republican rep saying that the house repubs bailed yesterday to prevent the DEMs from finishing a deal before McCain could pretend to be involed.

Jesus tap dancing christ. WaMu FAILED because of these pieces of shit.
Holy fuck.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Amir0x said:
I'm not worried about that, the candidates get to ask each other things :p

Great, I smell lots of stupid "gotcha" questions and/or "I ask you to support this measure to help handicapped firefighters with me"

SpacLock

As in quality cameras and mics... What channel would be best to watch the debate on? Or do they all stream from the same equipment?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
AniHawk said:
House Republicans sound like the lowest types of lifeforms.
Amoeba, House Republican, Multi-cellular organism, John McCain, Sea creature, Amphibian, land-walker, humans, God, Chuck Todd, Barack Obama.

Tamanon

Banned
SpacLock said:
As in quality cameras and mics... What channel would be best to watch the debate on? Or do they all stream from the same equipment?

They're all using the same cameras/soundsystem.

SpacLock said:
PBS HD FTW. They have no bullshit on-screen graphics unlike all the clutter you see on the other networks.

RubxQub

Evlar said:
She does... but we're attending a birthday party.
Then you both have your priorities out of order...

...your really good avatar made me think better of you, Evlar....

Trakdown

MIMIC said:
But this IS the same America.

Uh, no. That election's big issue was gay marriage and other "family values" issues. For obvious reasons, right now, nobody gives a fuck about that.

Plus, I don't remember Bush being in this much shit before the debate.

Macam said:
Michael Ware, I'm guessing?

Most likely. Ware is hardcore. He refused to get his nose fixed.

EDIT-So what was the deal with McCain and House Repubs again? They bailed out on the deal so when McCain arrived, they could give him credit if they agreed to a plan?

Trakdown

gkrykewy said:
:lol :lol

Per Olbermann, NYT reporting a republican rep saying that the house repubs bailed yesterday to prevent the DEMs from finishing a deal before McCain could pretend to be involed.

Jesus tap dancing christ. WaMu FAILED because of these pieces of shit.

Okay, Boehner and his other comrades can die in a goddamn car fire for that. Biggest bank failure in US history and these fuckers are playing politics?

MoxManiac

MIMIC said:
I just remembered: Kerry made Bush look like the retarded monkey that he really is in the first debate and still lost the election :(

The thing is, aside from it already being pointed out that Obama != Kerry, I don't think Obama really even needs to "win" the debate. If the pollings are accurate, then he simply needs to hang on to the support he already has.

RubxQub

"If BS were currency, Governor Palin could bailout our economy herself"

:lol

eclipze

StoOgE said:
Woah,

WTF at McCain's cell phone in MSNBC's footage of him walking around the capital.

ITS GIGANTIC. Like 2000-2001 cell phone gigantic.

Which begs the question: Does John McCain use those phones that have the really huge fucking buttons for old people in his home?

I say yes.

Tamanon

Banned
eclipze said:
Which begs the question: Does John McCain use those phones that have the really huge fucking buttons for old people in his home?

I say yes.

I say no, he's got someone to do all the dialing at home.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Gary Whitta said:
Blow that shit off! Who gives a fuck about some fool's birthday, the future of the country and the world is at stake!

Sure, but it's not Schrodinger's Cat. He doesn't have to witness it.

Although McCain is frail enough to be killed by direct observation.

Don’t listen to those right-wingers, Sarah. You stick with it.

Kathleen Parker, wing-nug columnist for the Washington Post and National Review says,

If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.

If Palin were a man, we’d all be guffawing, just as we do every time Joe Biden tickles the back of his throat with his toes. But because she’s a woman — and the first ever on a Republican presidential ticket — we are reluctant to say what is painfully true.

What to do?

McCain can’t repudiate his choice for running mate. He not only risks the wrath of the GOP’s unforgiving base, but he invites others to second-guess his executive decision-making ability. Barack Obama faces the same problem with Biden.

Only Palin can save McCain, her party, and the country she loves. She can bow out for personal reasons, perhaps because she wants to spend more time with her newborn. No one would criticize a mother who puts her family first.

Do it for your country.

:lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Where's that "Will HD swing the election towards Obama?" report from a while ago? HD McCain can't be pretty.

not to overgeneralize, but unless jesus himself came from heaven and ran on the democratic ticket, bush was a shoe-in for 2004. everybody was just too afraid at that time. it wasn't until 2006 until people smelled the coffee about terrorists, i.e, they're not waiting around every street corner to blow us up.

RubxQub

610x.jpg

In the Year 2000, The Peter Principle will become known as The Palin Principle.

In an organizational structure, the Peter Principle's practical application allows assessment of the potential of an employee for a promotion based on performance in the current job, i.e. members of a hierarchical organization eventually are promoted to their highest level of competence, after which further promotion raises them to incompetence. That level is the employee's "level of incompetence" where the employee has no chance of further promotion, thus reaching his or her career's ceiling in an organization.

The employee's incompetence is not necessarily exposed as a result of the higher-ranking position being more difficult — simply, that job is different from the job in which the employee previously excelled, and thus requires different work skills, which the employee usually does not possess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom