• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
In the next election, I'll vote against my social, financial, and health interests if one of the candidates has facial hair. When and why the fuck did facial hair become such a terrible crime in American politics? It's bullshit. A man with a strong beard or Selleck stache commands attention and respect. Wise and respected elder with a beard is ingrained in human history. It needs a come back. You'll see it occasionally at city and state level, but has there been a president since Taft? Worked for him. And Teddy. And Abe.

AniHawk

In the next election, I'll vote against my social, financial, and health interests if one of the candidates has facial hair. When and why the fuck did facial hair become such a terrible crime in American politics? It's bullshit. A man with a strong beard or Selleck stache commands attention and respect. Wise and respected elder with a beard is ingrained in human history. It needs a come back. You'll see it occasionally at city and state level, but has there been a president since Taft? Worked for him. And Teddy. And Abe.

obama should definitely grow a small mustache not unlike what charlie chaplin had.

So all but 2 of them moved towards Obama. Average is 1.6 bounce for Obama.

Remember Silver said a 1 point bounce would be huge this late. Obama has outdone that by my count.

Also, WaPo poll showing Kaine up 7 in Va.
GOT DAMN if that's not a shot of Hopium straight into my veins I don't know what is.

Jesus, even MSNBC is doing it now. I have "Way Too Early" on in the background and they decide to show some new polls. Which ones do they show? The idiotic I-4 only Florida poll and the Ohio News poll that shows Ohio tied at 49%

Diablos

Jesus, even MSNBC is doing it now. I have "Way Too Early" on in the background and they decide to show some new polls. Which ones do they show? The idiotic I-4 only Florida poll and the Ohio News poll that shows Ohio tied at 49%
Perhaps the only good thing about Sandy coverage is that it will give these trolls a reality check as people stop giving a shit about the bs narrative if they happen to live in an area that's getting impacted by the storm.

fwiw the eye is 28 miles wide and the pressure has dropped to 942mb according to airforce hurricane hunters. And it appears to have stopped drifting towards DE and is heading straight towards New Jersey. Scary stuff

ISOM

those ratings...even msnbc is not immune it seems.

ISOM

Perhaps the only good thing about Sandy coverage is that it will give these trolls a reality check as people stop giving a shit about the bs narrative if they happen to live in an area that's getting impacted by the storm.

fwiw the eye is 28 miles wide and the pressure has dropped to 942mb according to airforce hurricane hunters. And it appears to have stopped drifting towards DE and is heading straight towards New Jersey. Scary stuff

Do you know the time it will arrive?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Normally I would like to join you guys as this thread collapses under its own weight from trolling and panic and we tear a hole in the forum, but apparently it seems likely I have pneumonia and I'm too busy sleeping or constantly coughing to really follow along. Scheduled to see a doctor today to get looked at. :(

Diablos

Normally I would like to join you guys as this thread collapses under its own weight from trolling and panic and we tear a hole in the forum, but apparently it seems likely I have pneumonia and I'm too busy sleeping or constantly coughing to really follow along. Scheduled to see a doctor today to get looked at. :(
Just go to the emergency room![/Romney]

It's cool, I just stopped taking some antibiotics myself. Feeling a bit better now.

Farmboy

Looking at Nate's current state-by-state percentages...

Obama is still more likely to keep North Carolina than Romney is to flip Wisconsin.
Obama is more likely to win Florida than Romney is to win Ohio (or New Hampshire or Iowa).
Obama is as likely to win Nebraska-2 as Romney is to win Pennsylvania.
Obama is more likely to win Arizona than Romney is to win Minnesota.

Should calm down a few chicken littles
yeah right

Farmboy

Oh. That's an odd way of putting it considering it's basically in Romney's camp.

Maybe you're right. But 'flip' felt like the wrong word because it did go for Obama in the last election. It and Indiana are just states Romney is certain to flip (or almost certain, as I still have some hope for NC).

Cheebo

Banned
Obama canceling all events for today and tomorrow including his 3 state tour with bill Clinton.

Romney will be campaigning each day as nor al (3 rallies in Ohio today)

If Romney can campaign why can't Obama?

Obama canceling all events for today and tomorrow including his 3 state tour with bill Clinton.

Damn it, that sucks.

Romney can campaign as he is not the President, a President apparently can't ask for re-election while hurricane is on.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
TWC calling for 7-10 days of no power. I'm starting to really wonder about how that affects voting.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

kind of annoyed, i was on my way to the orl event :/
Oh well :(

God dammit stop quoting CS and Diablos. Please.

Because he's the fucking president? You know, that comes with some responsibilities.

Ecotic

Man I love politics, and I have to say this situation is just sad. A hurricane is sucking the magic out of the last week of the campaign. October surprises are fine when candidates get to react and you see what they're made of, but this is different. It's just a total shutting down of the campaign. If Sandy goes away with no real lasting damage then we might get one last weekend of campaigning, hopefully.

SmokeMaxX

Man I love politics, and I have to say this situation is just sad. A hurricane is sucking the magic out of the last week of the campaign. October surprises are fine when candidates get to react and you see what they're made of, but this is different. It's just a total shutting down of the campaign. If Sandy goes away with no real lasting damage then we might get one last weekend of campaigning, hopefully.

It's just another variable. This COULD mean that Romney can now attack Obama and Obama can't really respond because a natural disaster is happening. However, that's not what's going to happen since Sandy will take over the entire news cycle. Now to see how it affects turnout... Good thing Obama already banked in several thousands of voters in each state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom