• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
Romney's relief event

A6dxjfqCUAAght1.jpg

Anybody want to clarify the part of Obamacare where you can no longer cover your family (spouse) if they are also offered insurance through their own employer?

I thought you could still choose to deny that employer and pay an additional fee or something.

My friend/colleague is saying, that she can't be covered under her Husband's plan period. Which sucks because his plan is 10x better than our employer's plan.

Thanks

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Again I would challenge Romney with this:

"If government doesn't create jerbs as you said, what exactly would a Romney Administration actually do to stop a privately owned company from shipping those fictional jerbs to China?"

Remember how Obama was able to stop those Apple jerbs from going to FoxConn?

Oh wait...

Doubling down on the ads is desperation. It's late to take the hit from admitting they're bad.

Well ... I'm in Cali so it's not that big of a deal (with exception to the popular vote I guess), but My family all voted last night and mailed them in. +6 Obama.

Imagine Obama losing, and having to spend the final months of his presidency cleaning up this mess

While Republicans and right wingers claiming the Hurricane was a sign from god to vote Obama out.

And then reducing funding for FEMA, shelters, etc. etc.

I wonder how all those Republicans effected feel about Government getting out of their way...

RDreamer

Anybody want to clarify the part of Obamacare where you can no longer cover your family (spouse) if they are also offered insurance through their own employer?

I thought you could still choose to deny that employer and pay an additional fee or something.

My friend/colleague is saying, that she can't be covered under her Husband's plan period. Which sucks because his plan is 10x better than our employer's plan.

Thanks

I've never heard of it. Yeah, usually employers offer spouses to be on a family plan, but if they're offered their own insurance you have to pay out the ass for it to the point that sometimes it's a much better idea to just have the separate plans. But, I've never heard of that changing with Obamacare, and I really doubt that's in there. Could be wrong though.

Can you explain to me your reasoning for Ohio voting Romney when every single polling aggregate shows the opposite?

Depends on who shows up and who doesn't. And whose votes are counted. I think Romney has a better shot in Ohio than Some of the closer races like Colorado

RDreamer

Depends on who shows up and who doesn't. And whose votes are counted. I think Romney has a better shot in Ohio than Some of the closer races like Colorado

So what you're saying is that almost every likely voter model is completely wrong, and Obama's ground game won't even make up for how wrong that is? Also, there will be some election fraud possibly not counting votes.

Well, you've sold me! Romney's definitely got a shot in Ohio...

gkryhewy

Thanks

First I've heard of this, and a quick google finds a bunch of conservative blogs and not much else.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Telling that Obama is spending the last week of this campaign hiding from the public spotlight. Romney is really taking advantage of of the situation by being in front of the affected in Ohio. Rasmussen is showing Romney up and was one of the most reliable pollsters in the past few presidential election cycles. Obama is probably hoping no one notices his last Trump card having been played at the third debate.

So what you're saying is that almost every likely voter model is completely wrong, and Obama's ground game won't even make up for how wrong that is? Also, there will be some election fraud possibly not counting votes.

Well, you've sold me! Romney's definitely got a shot in Ohio...
There's a hurricane going on, I'm not going to play politics with you. I suggest you all give blood to the Red Cross if you're eligible, and see if can goods are being accepted yet

Link

The Autumn Wind
I know it's MSNBC, so it's no big surprise, but they're taking Romney to task about his " relief rallies" on Alex Wagner. At least someone is doing it.

pigeon

Banned
Nate Silver's regular PoliGAF Freakout Report is on the case:

nyt said:
On Monday, I mentioned the possibility that Hurricane Sandy could increase the chance of an split between the Electoral College and the popular vote, on the theory that it might reduce turnout in the blue-leaning states of the Northeast.

After running some numbers on this, I am less convinced that the storm is all that likely to induce such a split....

How would the projection change if turnout were reduced by 10 percent in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and New York?

Mr. Obama’s projected margin in the popular vote would decline to 1.2 or 1.3 percentage points, meaning a shift against him of only 0.2 or 0.3 percentage points. Instead of having a 6 percent chance of winning the Electoral College while losing the popular vote, as the default version of the FiveThirtyEight model gives him, those chances would increase to about 8 percent....

But the United States is a big and resilient country; a disaster in one part of it may have a surprisingly small impact when viewed in terms of its entire economy, or its entire population.

Nor do I necessarily think that it can be taken for granted that the storm will reduce turnout all that much, even in the worst-affected regions. Although the storm’s after-effects may make it physically harder for some people to vote, disasters can also increase civic-mindedness and patriotism, attitudes that make voting more likely.

Chill the fuck out, etc.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/30/oct-29-polling-slows-as-storm-wreaks-havoc/

I know it's MSNBC, so it's no big surprise, but they're taking Romney to task about his " relief rallies" on Alex Wagner. At least someone is doing it.

I'm not sure if I think MSNBC has enough clout to persuade the national media narrative like Fox News does. Hopefully I'm proven wrong and THE COOP takes Romney camp to task.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Also, if you've got no power and you're stuck in a shelter/in your house, maybe you would go vote out of boredom?

Also, Sarah Kliff has a write-up on that NYT multi-state plan article.
She seems rather negative about it. While I understand the argument that they aren't bound to all requirements, I don't really see an immediate reason to think that would impact the service overly negative. On top of that I was hoping to bread what some were suggesting in the thread, something about the non profit group being an existing organisation. Something about a health care provider for federal employees? That seemed to basically be what people were bringing up as a reason this would lead to a de facto public option. She does not mention it however.

Is it the same for Virginia and Florida? Because Romney is at best tied in Virginia and his lead is smaller in Florida than Obama's is in Ohio.

There's a hurricane going on, I'm not going to play politics with you. I suggest you all give blood to the Red Cross if you're eligible, and see if can goods are being accepted yet
Gtfo. All you do here is play politics and troll. Seriously, you're the biggest fraud in this entire thread. Not gonna play politics my ass.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm not sure if I think MSNBC has enough clout to persuade the national media narrative like Fox News does. Hopefully I'm proven wrong and THE COOP takes Romney camp to task.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're by far the lowest rated of the big three, plus their programming is pretty much all opinion panels, not "news" shows like Fox.

pigeon

Banned
New Hampshire: 47-42, O

http://lakeresearch.com/news/USA/Public_Toplines_USAction_NH_Wave2_102912.pdf

New Hampshire is going to be an early signpost in the evening one week from tonight. If it gets called for Obama early, we're likely in great shape..

I actually wouldn't go that far. Even in scenarios where Romney wins, it's kind of a fantasy to think he'd somehow win New Hampshire. New Hampshire's state fundamentals in 538 are more Democratic than any other state -- they always vote bluer than the polls show. Basically they just like complaining.

"I'm not going to discuss politics with you in a politics discussion thread. I suggest you all go do a responsible thing, while I imply I am doing the same."

RDreamer

New Hampshire: 47-42, O

http://lakeresearch.com/news/USA/Public_Toplines_USAction_NH_Wave2_102912.pdf

New Hampshire is going to be an early signpost in the evening one week from tonight. If it gets called for Obama early, we're likely in great shape..

Awesome. NH never was a crucial state in any of the maps I made or when I looked at the EV paths for Obama, but it definitely helps if he gets it. Running up the score is always good. Though I suppose having that and NV in the pretty-damned-likely-to-win column is nice insurance in case we find ourselves in bizarro land on election day and Wisconsin flips.... not that I'm worried about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom