• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida and Virginia essentially tied... hm.

That could very easily be 2 point leads for Obama.

That is what I immediately assumed, provided everyone is operating under Wolf Blitzer rules. I really think Romney is going to have to scrape and claw his way in Virginia but will still fall short, with the same possibility of having to do so in Florida. And if he has to do that in those two states, he sure as shit isn't going to be doing it in other states.

HylianTom

Banned
he didn't seem like such a bad president, but i don't know if conservatives really like him, or if he even likes conservatives all that much.

He gave us Souter. But then again, he also gave us Thomas. Eww.

His VP was great comedic fodder for Murphy Brown.

000p7w00.jpeg

(I wish I could find that image of the dump truck full of potatoes going to the VP's residence)

thefit

he didn't seem like such a bad president, but i don't know if conservatives really like him, or if he even likes conservatives all that much.

"Read My Lips: No New Taxes"

That right there is why you wont see him anywhere near today's so called Reublicans.

Aylinato

If that guy with that resume, that limited skill set, and that skimpy of an education and client list can hang his shingle out for political consulting, I totally shouldn't have listened to my wife.

He is very mean in person, and have seen him spin the truth so badly on so many different occasions.

I remember we had a problem in our student government, and he was in law school at a different university and came back for two weeks to "lecture" and argue with my friends about how his "friends" were correct in their stances and how the constitution of the SG body(which I helped write) didn't mean what I intended it to mean. Made me chuckle so hard when I raised my hand and shut him down with "when I was writing this constitution.." shoulda seen the look on his face!

HylianTom

Banned
I will admit:
there's a small part of me that is hoping that things will tick a few points over towards Obama nationally over the last few days, giving him a respectable popular vote victory and a slammin' Electoral College victory.

I'm being greedy, aren't I?

ido

Any particular reason why more people here seem prefer Silver over Wang? Silver's model seems more... intricate, at least.

But Wang with that confidence lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why aren't people sending in their ballots ahead of time? Time off to vote is a severe issue. There is no guarantee. This should be a federally mandated thing where people are allowed to take time off to vote.

I don't care which side of the fence you're on.

See, this is something we can all agree on. Election day should be a national holiday or everyone should have access to early voting.

pigeon

Banned
I will admit:
there's a small part of me that is hoping that things will tick a few points over towards Obama nationally over the last few days, giving him a respectable popular vote victory and a slammin' Electoral College victory.

I'm being greedy, aren't I?

I still think this is pretty likely, and only going to get likelier over the next week.

HylianTom

Banned
Any particular reason why more people here seem prefer Silver over Wang? Silver's model seems more... intricate, at least.

I personally like Silver's state-by-state analysis.
But I like Wang's confidence intervals/z-scoring.

So I like both. :)

Jesus Christ, Fox News is still obsessing over Benghazi? Give it up, guys.
It is at the point where it is getting to be weird. Fox News is going bezerk over Benghazi and no one else is even talking about it except mentioning McCain shaking his fist at the cloud over Benghazi. They are soooo trying to manufacture a scandal and they've managed to create another Fast & Furious . . . a scandal no one quite fully understands or really gives a shit about except the people on the right trying to fan the flames. At most, something got kinda screwed up thus causing a tragedy but it was not at all intentional and they are cleaning it up.

Meh I'll wait for polls later in the week, when Romney's jeep ad has had time to work its magic.
I think these polls are reflecting the true magic of those ads.

ido

Perfect news to put me to sleep.

I really wished I had done more than lurked here forever. LESS THAN A WEEK BITCH.

Do you still think Obama's going to lose Ohio? If so, why?

personally speaking, i'm inclined to agree with this analysis from a romney official.

Gallup’s numbers are for the nation as a whole. But Romney campaign officials believe the same trends are present in Ohio, the most important swing state in the election.

“The Gallup numbers nationally confirm what we think is happening here in Ohio,” says one Romney official. “It’s two things. One, their margin of victory in early voting is greatly diminished — drastically diminished. And two, they are having a very difficult time generating enthusiasm among young people.”

pigeon

Banned

Silver's has more mainstream cred, which makes it easier to use in an argument, and he's less confident, which is safer. Basically he's the mass media version of Wang.

I actually like Wang's assumptions more -- I don't really know that I believe in national trendlines, although I assume Silver has a regression that says they're real, and I like that Wang's model is fundamentally very simple. But if I kept saying "well, Obama still has a 90% chance to win" then there wouldn't be anything to talk about.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It is at the point where it is getting to be weird. Fox News is going bezerk over Benghazi and no one else is even talking about it except mentioning McCain shaking his fist at the cloud over Benghazi. They are soooo trying to manufacture a scandal and they've managed to create another Fast & Furious . . . a scandal no one quite fully understands or really gives a shit about except the people on the right trying to fan the flames. At most, something got kinda screwed up thus causing a tragedy but it was not at all intentional and they are cleaning it up.
It's especially petty when there's an actual crisis going on right now that everyone else is covering nonstop. But I can't say I'm surprised.

smurfx

get some go again
for any young turks fans here cenk said they will be doing election night coverage. guess i'll be sticking with them election night.

for any young turks fans here cenk said they will be doing election night coverage. guess i'll be sticking with them election night.

whoar.png

no thanks, dude is an idiot. And I hate clicking on seemingly interesting youtube videos only to realize it's actually a Young Turk video

TiVo

Jesus Christ, Fox News is still obsessing over Benghazi? Give it up, guys.

Hannity is now saying there was a do not engage/stand down order given from the top to military who was an hour away while listening to cries for help.

kingkitty

Cent always struck me as a guy who probably loves to talk a lot but has bad breath. Dick Morris too, especially Dick Morris. I can smell his breath from the youtube videos. His sweaty, conservative breath.

okay give me a few reasons why you believe that.

He doesn't seem to care or understand how government works. I'm no Obama fan/slappy but let's be real, his hands are often tied by congress. Cenk seems to think Obama can do whatever the fuck he wants, so any compromise becomes a betrayal of liberalism.

Plus he's not funny, at all

He's almost as insufferable as Olbermann

whoar.png

no thanks, dude is an idiot. And I hate clicking on seemingly interesting youtube videos only to realize it's actually a Young Turk video

Wrong. Cenk's got a great perspective you are not going to get from elsewhere. Where else can you get the perspective of a Turkish former-Republican former-Muslim atheist libertarianish-leftist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom