• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid Rock? Lulz. I had an argument with someone who stated Kid Rock is a vital part of black history (no seriously...) and as proof, Kid Rock got a NAACP award.

jbug617

Banned
Kid Rock? Lulz. I had an argument with someone who stated Kid Rock is a vital part of black history (no seriously...) and as proof, Kid Rock got a NAACP award.

I remember in 2008 he dodged a question on who he supported. He really danced around the question and said he wanted to keep it a secret.

Meatloaf just came out of left field and fits the framing that has beens and burn outs are first in line to dole out a Romney endorsements

Diablos

indeed. i'm very concerned about the trend lines..

A6gUMruCQAA31eF.png:large
LOL

Also no way is that MI poll accurate

If Romney wins MI then he's winning OH and PA too.

jiggle

http://news.yahoo.com/mitt-romney-c...lection-day-055255629--abc-news-politics.html

Whatever. Kid Rock though? I think is a step down from MeatLoaf.

i like this one more
http://news.yahoo.com/romney-gop-suddenly-plunging-onto-democratic-turf-221818512--election.html

Romney, GOP suddenly plunging onto Democratic turf
GOP efforts in the trio of Rust Belt states could indicate that Romney is desperately searching for a last-minute path to the needed 270 Electoral College votes — without all-important Ohio. Or just the opposite, that he's so confident in the most competitive battlegrounds that he's pressing for insurance against Obama in what's expected to be a close race.

Ryan has basically disappeared after the Debate + Shelter photo-op mishap.

I think this was strategic. His approval numbers have been crap and he looked like he knew jack shit about anything against Biden (especially in foreign relations).

Love that 538 update. Needed that after the Laker boondoggle.

So, I think what we're seeing in Florida is that they know it's close and the Romney camp knows they could be underestimating non-cuban latino voting in their polls. So they're worried.

Two more Ohio polls with Obama up at least 3, too. And RCP leaves Ras's poll on top to make it seem like it's the latest one. LOL

I would just like to say that I am the silent Diablos. I read this thread religiously, visit Silver's and Wang's sites, and see the polls, but am still entirely cautious and nervous that Romney will some how be elected. I can't wait for this election to be over and this sense of dread be lifted from my innards.

Good polls today.

Ecotic

The race is snapping back fast to pre-debate levels. It's looking like a really good year for Democrats. I wonder how the GOP and all its think tanks will react if they lose the Presidency, lose the Senate, and lose seats in the House. They may wake up November 7th completely empty-handed.

Patriots7

I would just like to say that I am the silent Diablos. I read this thread religiously, visit Silver's and Wang's sites, and see the polls, but am still entirely cautious and nervous that Romney will some how be elected. I can't wait for this election to be over and this sense of dread be lifted from my innards.

Good polls today.
Exactly the same. Hell, I get night terrors of election night, Romney telling us to say "President Romney, President Romney"

Those polls will now let me go back to sleep. My body can't wait for the election to be over.

The race is snapping back fast to pre-debate levels. It's looking like a really good year for Democrats. I wonder how the GOP and all its think tanks will react if they lose the Presidency, lose the Senate, and lose seats in the House. They may wake up November 7th completely empty-handed.
GOP will still have the House but there may be enough pressure on them that Obama can get through his grand bargain and an awesome green jobs bill.

Immigration reform will be set up as the big fight for 2014.

Baldwin, Warren, hopefully Murphy...senate could be a lot more liberal next year. Kaine isn't bad either, and is a strong Obama loyalist. An Obama win plus 10 house pick ups would be icing on the cake

Tom Hauser ‏@5hauser
KSTP/SurveyUSA: Obama 50% Romney 43% 7% other/undec. Partisan split: 37% Dems 30% GOP 28% ind. Tied 41-41 among

Obama +7 in Minn from SUSA. Come on Romney, waste time there.

Didn't see this on RCP.

Baldwin, Warren, hopefully Murphy...senate could be a lot more liberal next year. Kaine isn't bad either, and is a strong Obama loyalist. An Obama win plus 10 house pick ups would be icing on the cake
And these two

220px-Joe_Lieberman_official_portrait_2.jpg

220px-Ben_Nelson_official_photo.jpg

Will no longer be gumming up the works.

Sure, there will still be a host of conservative Democrats - Manchin, Landrieu, McCaskill, Donnelly maybe - but none of them have been anywhere near as assholish as them two.

Black Mamba said:
Obama +7 in Minn from SUSA. Come on Romney, waste time there.
Tightening!

Zzoram

I don't really see how Benghazi is an issue at all. So the Administration didn't officially call it a terrorist attack for a while, possibly due to conflicting intelligence and communication problems in the State Department? Why does it matter what it was called?

HylianTom

Banned
Its out: Q/NYT

FL 48-47 O
Ohio 50-45 O
VA 49-47 O

heh i was close

MadelineSizzle.gif

Hear that? That's the sound of various doors in the Electoral College slamming shut for Romney. What a horrifying Halloween he must be having. And later today, we'll get to see more of the President being a strong disaster-time leader, with effusive praise being heaped-upon him from the GOP's keynote speaker. Christie has come-across as passionate and surprisingly decent, and his plain spoken complementing of Obama could very well shift the race even further.

Voters are going to get quite a visual contrast later today: Obama touring a disaster area, comforting victims, assessing the damage, looking like The Man, etc. Contrast this with an unscrupulous, desperate "look-at-me!" Romney on the attack in cities across Florida. Voters in hurricane-flavored swing states will pause to ask themselves: "whom do I trust to handle our emergencies?'

My main source of Election Night tension is no longer "will Obama win?" It's quickly becoming "how close can we come to getting the House? I wanna get shit done!"

On these numbers, I'm hitting the hay.

Oh, and that version of "Sweet Home Alabama" - like most "country music" these days (to be clear: the older stuff is fantastic) - is music to which one would seduce a farm animal or relative. Ugh.

AniHawk

So as an Obama supporter should I be on pins and needles or is the media just really good at driving the close race narrative?

ohio is a done deal. so is nevada. they're done. done done done.

obama is going to win virginia. he'll take new hampshire and iowa too, and probably colorado as well. not gonna say done on those yet, but he's close to winning those, than romney is to winning florida, which is getting better-looking (but not wholly winnable) for obama every day as we near the election.

the only two not along for the ride this time around is indiana, and nc (which is kinda like romney's wisconsin).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom