• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't the auto companies bring legal action against Romney for defamation of character or something?

Seriously.

Write a letter to the Auto Companies saying you won't buy their cars since Romney says you're outsourcing to China. That'll get their attention to do as you suggest.

gcubed

Ha! I was just about to post this.

What will Dick Morris say once he's proven to be so, so wrong on Nov 6th? How does he get away with being so very wrong so often yet still be treated in politico circles as if he has a clue?

He is on Fox News. You're never wrong on Fox News, the world is wrong around you

Romney Camp: Pay No Attention To The Auto Companies Calling Us Liars

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/10/romney-jeep-ad-false.php?ref=fpa
In his speech, Romney said Chrysler would ship US jobs to China to build all Jeeps there. That is a big fucking lie.

The ad is actually more ambiguous and said Chrysler will build Jeeps in China . . . which is true. They'll build jeeps for China in China. BUT THAT IS A GOOD THING! A US car company making profits by selling one of their cars in China, the largest car market on the planet!

So the can say the ad is technically true. But it is pretty fucking stupid of them because:
1) Everyone associates it with the BLATANT FUCKING LIE that Romney spewed in a speech; and
2) It is actually a good thing that Chrysler is expanding in China.

Darkgran

Ha! I was just about to post this.

What will Dick Morris say once he's proven to be so, so wrong on Nov 6th? How does he get away with being so very wrong so often yet still be treated in politico circles as if he has a clue?

He has been wrong many times before. The thing is the audience that he deals with doesn't care and the will listen to him again and believe...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Just got out. 2 and a half hours of waiting for ten minutes of voting.

Feels good man.

Now I just gotta sit and see if Patrick Murphy beats Allen West...

Diablos

gcubed

Does anyone think these GM ads are really gonna hurt Obama? It's pretty unusual for a corporation to step out and publicly denounce a campaign ad.

I swear, if people start believing it...

nope, not with the semi scrutiny it's getting in the media.... and anyway, at this point, with the limited national window left once Hurricane Sandy coverage dies down there is nothing that can change the momentum of the race barring Obama shooting white people. Its basically all GOTV organization now.

Diablos

nope, not with the semi scrutiny it's getting in the media.... and anyway, at this point, with the limited national window left once Hurricane Sandy coverage dies down there is nothing that can change the momentum of the race barring Obama shooting white people. Its basically all GOTV organization now.
I sure as hell hope so. My only concern is that lying has worked fairly well for Mitt thus far. If they are blanketing the airwaves with this ad from now until the 6th it could work to some extent, hopefully not to the point where it could really hurt Obama's chances

HylianTom

Banned
Biden Has Raucous Visit With Locals At Florida Restaurant

Vice President Joe Biden had a raucous visit to a restaurant in Sarasota, Fla., Wednesday when he was met by a group of enthusiastic older women and ended up on the phone with the Republican brother of one, according to a White House pool report.

After placing an order, the group of older women entered the restaurant and began taking pictures of the vice president.

From the pool report:

One of the women called him “gorgeous.” “Would you tell my wife that,” VP responded.

Poses with arms around a pair of women for a picture, not rushing the moment at all.

“I loved what you did to Paul Ryan,” one woman said. “You were great today. We love you,” said
another.

One then says of the picture: “I’ve got to send this to my Republican brother.” The VP than invited
her to get him on the phone.

The woman called her brother and passed the phone to Biden, who apparently had a short but serious conversation with the man about the health care law that included a reference to a 2016 run for president, which Biden said was said in jest.

“Look, I’m not trying to talk you into voting for me, I just wanted to say hi to you. And after its all over when your insurance rates go down, then you’ll vote for me in 2016. I’ll talk to you later.”
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/biden-visits-with-groupies-at-florida-restaurant

He's just out there havin' fun! :jnc

Rob Portman was a thud. He doesn't excite anybody. Him being budget director of W meant he will be hung around Romney's neck, and poll after poll said Portman is the least known VP candidate nationally. Really, really big gamble. So in retrospect, Ryan pick made sense.
Portman would have given Romney a really good shot at winning Ohio, which would have made him an infinitely better pick than Ryan.

Portman also would have performed much better in the veep debate than Ryan.

So even SE cupp has obama winning the election.......but losing Wisconsin lololololol

i think the GOP are feeling themselves a little too much after the scott walker recall

HylianTom

Banned
That National Review Journal poll giving Obama a five-point lead over Romney nationally?

Something else that seems a bit too good to be true.. Democrats lead on the generic congressional ballot by 8%.

corrected: National Journal

Does anyone think these GM ads are really gonna hurt Obama? It's pretty unusual for a corporation to step out and publicly denounce a campaign ad.

I swear, if people start believing it...

Scum of the fucking earth. They're smart enough to know it's bullshit; they don't care and have intent to mislead.
BUT THE DEMS DO IT TOO OBAMA IS LYING ABOUT BENGHAZI

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
With friends like these . . .

ht_comfortablysmug_twitter_wy_121031_wmain.jpg

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...manager-job-140408935--abc-news-politics.html

Great job dude, you've painted GOP campaign people as big liars.

Whenever a campaign employee resigns for anything I operate under the assumption they're taking the fall for someone else.

Korey

More voting sketchiness in Florida: http://thegrio.com/2012/10/29/florida-early-vote-totals-revised-raising-questions/

In Florida, counting votes has been controversial for some time; particularly since the 2000 election. And with early voting underway as of Saturday, there are already questions being raised about the vote count in Broward County.

Broward is a Democratic stronghold that Barack Obama is expected to carry by a large margin. But initial early vote totals reported by the office of the Broward Supervisor of Elections changed on Sunday, in some cases dramatically, causing some to question the numbers.

An analysis of the unofficial totals by early voting location on the Broward Supervisor of Elections website from Saturday, compared to the tallies posted on Sunday, shows that in one location, the E. Pat Larkins Community Center, located on Martin Luther King Blvd. in Pompano Beach, the revised totals showed 1,003 fewer votes. The initial tally reported from the polling place in the heavily black neighborhood showed 2,945 votes, but the revised tally was 1,401. Across the 17 Broward polling locations, 15 saw their vote totals revised, mostly by minute amounts of between 1 and 7 votes. But the three more significant changes, including the addition of 398 votes in Tamarac (a racially mixed community) and adding 99 votes to the totals from Pompano Beach City Hall, whose demographic is majority white.

The revisions mean that 536 fewer total votes were reported in Broward — a reduction from 28,330 votes to 27,794 votes. That could be significant in a close election in a state where the presidential contest was decided by just 538 votes in 2000.

broward-soe-numbers.png

ido

Hannity going HAM on those stale ass polls showing Romney "dominating in early voting."

This dude is going to die Tuesday night.

HylianTom

Banned
Hannity going HAM on those stale ass polls showing Romney "dominating in early voting."

This dude is going to die Tuesday night.
I might need to buy a TV recording device for that night. Hmm.
THe idea of Hannity going all "I don't want to live on this plane anymore" on us sounds so damn appealing.

ido

I might need to buy a TV recording device for that night. Hmm.
THe idea of Hannity going all "I don't want to live on this plane anymore" on us sounds so damn appealing.

I have a Fox News stream primed and ready. This will be entertainment that would be impossible to write.

If Obama wins the comfortable victory that the polls suggest he will next Tuesday, one question that I'd be interested to hear opinions on is "Was 2012 a winnable election for Republicans?". Will 2012 be seen in retrospect as winnable for either party like 2000 and 2004, or never winnable like 1996 or 2008?
I've said since Election Night 2008 that Obama was unbeatable in 2012 and have never wavered from that position. Even the Republican pickups in 2010 didn't faze me. Charisma, fundraising, and the Republicans having their heads up their asses made Obama's win in 2012 inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom