• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson50

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-game-that-could-put-him-over-the-top/264031/

Interesting article and statistics on the GOTV and early voting.
That should dispel the notion that Romney's organization is stronger than McCain's. Numerically, at least, McCain's organization was superior. And that the Republicans are ceding ground to Obama relative to 2008, despite a broad shift towards Republicans, bespeaks the quality of their organization. What's remarkable is the extent to which the Obama campaign has invested in their organization. I've been extolling their prudence for a while, and future campaigns would be wise to emulate them. Praise Saul Alinsky.

ezrarh

Do you have an international account? How'd you get your money in so fast?

I was able to wire money into my account the day after I submitted the wire request by transferring it through my Scottrade brokerage account. So if you have something similar it might work faster.

www.politico.com/playbook/

"Sprechen sie sassy?"
tumblr_lxm8ybotgk1qi89zfo1_500.png

Only gets better because two more weeks of early voting.

I don't care if u vote for Romney, but please, i beg you, just don't vote for obama. He's Evil. Think of the deceit, the trickery, the lies. Makes me sick. He is a bad man.

Facebook. I think I'm done right after election night, this clown is getting deleted. I cannot help but read subtle racism in this extreme political shift of his.

Tamanon

Banned
Facebook. I think I'm done right after election night, this clown is getting deleted. I cannot help but read subtle racism in this extreme political shift of his.

Eh, I finally trimmed my first Facebook friend for political idiocy. But he was a former coworker, so no big loss there.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
We've got some propositions here in Idaho that are driving voter turnout. Our state superintendent, Tom Luna, is pushing to spend a ton of money on laptops, and since it isn't funded, the money is going to really screw over teachers and students. The state has made a tentative deal to buy $180,000,000 worth of laptops from HP, who has a strong presence in the state. I'm all for technology in classrooms, but this is going to cause a lot of damage. We have so many underfunded rural schools here, and if they are forced to get laptops for every student, something else will get cut. I went to a K-12 school with 200 kids that could barely afford textbooks.

Fortunately, I think we've got a good shot at voting it down, and voting Luna out. NPR was saying that early voting is higher here in Boise than it has been in years.

For those of you who don't care about Idaho, Romney has tapped Luna as an education adviser.

Forever

Banned
Remember that case Gloria Allred is trying to get unsealed today that involves Mitt Romney?

Supposedly it's...

He lied under oath to screw over the wife of his friend, the Staples founder Tom Stemberg

Mitt Romney LIED under oath when he testified in the divorce of his good friend and screwed the friend's wife out of a lot of money in the process ... so claims the ex-wife of Staples' founder Tom Stemberg.

Multiple sources connected with the divorce tell TMZ ... during Tom's uber nasty divorce case with ex-wife Maureen, Mitt Romney gave a deposition and testified during the trial that Staples was worth virtually nothing. Romney testified that the company was worth very little and Tom was a dreamer and "the dream continues."

Romney characterized the Staples stock as "overvalued," adding, "I didn't place a great deal of credibility in the forecast of the company's future."

Partly as a result of Romney's testimony, Maureen got relatively little in the divorce, but we're told just weeks after the divorce ended, Romney and Tom went to Goldman Sachs and cashed in THEIR stock for a fortune. Short story -- Romney allegedly lied to help his friend and screw the friend's wife over.

And there's more ... Our sources say years later, Maureen, who suffered from MS and had multiple bouts with cancer, got a visit from one of Tom's guys, who gave her papers informing her that Tom was cancelling her health insurance. Our sources say the irony here is that we're told Tom was working as one of then Governor Mitt Romney's chief health care advisers.

Sources tell us ... Tom also got custody of the couple's one child, making allegations of abuse against Maureen. And get this ... in the mid-90s, after the divorce, Tom sent the boy a letter saying, although he loved him, because of issues related to the divorce "it will not be possible for you to be a part of our family for the foreseeable future."

Maureen lost her home in the process and struggled financially.

Downhome

It was nothing. Trump says if Obama releases his college transcripts he'll give $5 million dollars to whatever Obama wants it for.

Trumps announcement..........he wants to make a deal with the sitting President of the United States of America to release his college transcripts and passport records in exchange for 5 million in charity donations. You can't make this shit up

Keio

For a Finer World
I can't even bring myself to say Bad News for Obama after the Trump "announcement". That's a real October surprise.

gcubed

Trump announcement is even worse than I thought! "If Obama gives his college application & records and passport application", he will make a donation of 5 million dollars to charity. LOL!

It's simply more birther nonsense. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MgOq9pBkY0I#at=136

yawn

Remember that case Gloria Allred is trying to get unsealed today that involves Mitt Romney?

Supposedly it's...

He lied under oath to screw over the wife of his friend, the Staples founder Tom Stemberg

double yawn

RDreamer

lol @ Trump

He's busy railing against Obama for not being transparent, meanwhile Mittens hasn't released his tax returns. Has Romney even released his college transcripts and shit, too? Not that anyone gives a shit...

Didn't Obama humiliate Trump so badly that he shameless decided not to run for the Repulican presidential nomination?

The fool really wants to go up against Obama again?

Trumps announcement..........he wants to make a deal with the sitting President of the United States of America to release his college transcripts and passport records in exchange for 5 million in charity donations. You can't make this shit up

Well at least it was an honest surprise. Nobody would of guessed it would end up being some type of reverse blackmail for charity.

dschalter

that's his october surprise? i thought it was going to be some extremely trivial bullshit like releasing obama's college transcript, instead he's asking for the college transcript. trump never disappoints.

i deleted someone on monday for calling michele an "ugly monkey" during the debate. then i heard from someone else that he updated his status with something to the effect of "lol i don't care about politics just messing around."

people have issues.

Jackson50

If Democrats can capitalize on Mourdock's rape comment, then gaining 2 or 3 seats is a possibility. This seemed implausible only a few months back. But the GOP's preference for extreme, reactionary candidates is proving deleterious; who would have guessed? The repercussions of Mourdock's comments will probably be less pronounced than Akin's. The Republican response has been more ambivalent. But in what was already a close election, I'll take any advantage.

A new report indicates the illegal immigration flow has stabilized at approximately 12 million. Seems silly of them if they'll just have to deport themselves in a few months.
By Associated Press, Published: October 23

MEXICO CITY — The number of migrants crossing illegally into the United States from Mexico appears to have risen some in the first half of 2012, while the number of migrants returning to Mexico decreased, a report by U.S. and Mexican researchers said Tuesday.

It was the first time the net outflow of migrants from Mexico has increased since the 2007 economic slump caused a sharp drop in both migration and the amount of money sent home by Mexicans working in the U.S. as migrants found it harder to find work north of the border.

The report by Mexico’s Colegio de la Frontera Norte and the University of Southern California’s Tomas Rivera Policy Institute said the number of Mexican-born people in the United States seemed to have stabilized at around 11.7 million and might grow slightly by year’s end. The number included Mexicans who migrated legally and those who crossed over illegally.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...883080-1d44-11e2-8817-41b9a7aaabc7_story.html

HylianTom

Banned
Read a tweet from a pundit that back in 2004 there were daily state polls in swing states. That must have been nice.
I'd love a daily snapshot of Ohio, Virginia, Colorado, Iowa, etc. And while I'm wishing, these polls would come with an appropriate cell phone/land line, live interviewer mix.

And I want a pony.

Trump announcement is even worse than I thought! "If Obama gives his college application & records and passport application", he will make a donation of 5 million dollars to charity. LOL!

It's simply more birther nonsense. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MgOq9pBkY0I#at=136

to make a broader point out of this nonsense, this is yet another reason why we cannot rely on private sector support of charitable institutions to address social problems.

gcubed

If Democrats can capitalize on Mourdock's rape comment, then gaining 2 or 3 seats is a possibility. This seemed implausible only a few months back. But the GOP's preference for extreme, reactionary candidates is proving deleterious; who would have guessed? The repercussions of Mourdock's comments will probably be less pronounced than Akin's. The Republican response has been more ambivalent. But in what was already a close election, I'll take any advantage.

A new report indicates the illegal immigration flow has stabilized at approximately 12 million. Seems silly of them if they'll just have to deport themselves in a few months.

who needs manufacturing numbers and home sales to tell us we are coming out of a recession! We can use illegal immigration flow numbers!

lol @ Trump

He's busy railing against Obama for not being transparent, meanwhile Mittens hasn't released his tax returns. Has Romney even released his college transcripts and shit, too? Not that anyone gives a shit...

Hope Obama counter-offers for transcripts/$5 mill if Romney releases complete 10 years of tax returns. Won't happen either way.

This is just a ploy by Trump to say Ibama doesn't care about charity.

Hopefully George Soros offers 50 million to charity for Romney's taxes. Won't happen but will quiet the dissenters. of Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom