• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's only 7 more days in October. I guess there won't be a surprise. When was the last time this happened? In 2000 there was the Bush DUI, In 2004 there was the Bin Laden tape, in 2008 I guess the "spread wealth around" tape.

i deleted someone on monday for calling michele an "ugly monkey" during the debate. then i heard from someone else that he updated his status with something to the effect of "lol i don't care about politics just messing around."

people have issues.

Actually it's pretty common for conservatives to call Michelle a wookie. They can now call her an ape/monkey without the repercussions of being called racists. It's despicable.

Is it pretty much guaranteed that the Citizens United verdict will be reversed after Obama's SC nominations?

no because bams will probably only get to replace ginsburg, which is a wash.

hillary or biden's appointments are much more important. but knowing democrats' luck with the SCOTUS lately, we will lose that election and a conservative majority will be solidified for another 10-15 years.

It's speculated that Kennedy, scalia, and Ginsburg will be up soon. Well, Ginsburg is pretty much a certainty, but the other two are definitely on the conservative side of the fence

scalia is fueled by pure evil, and hatred of liberals and people who disagree with him. he will not allow himself to die in the next four years. i suspect kennedy will be kept alive by the same supernatural forces.

Downhome

Obama should release that stuff as a F-U to Trump, have it all come out clean, and take the $5 million dollars. Nothing could be sweeter than not only proving Trump wrong, but also taking his money.

Reading some stuff on the 2000 election and I never knew this.

During the course of the 2000 Presidential Election, some pundits accused the mainstream media of distorting facts in an effort to help Texas Governor George W. Bush win the 2000 Presidential Election after Bush and Gore officially launched their campaigns in 1999. Peter Hart and Jim Naureckas, two commentators for Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR), called the media "serial exaggerators" and noted how several media outlets were constantly exaggerating criticism of Al Gore, like falsely claiming that Gore lied when he claimed he spoke in an overcrowded science class in Sarasota, Florida, and giving Bush a pass on certain issues, such as the allegation that Bush had exaggerated how much money he signed into the annual Texas state budget to help the uninsured during his second debate with Gore in October of 2000. In the April, 2000 issue of Washington Monthly, columnist Robert Parry also noted how several media outlets exaggerated Gore's supposed claim that he "discovered" the Love Canal neighborhood in Niagara Falls, New York during a campaign speech in Concord, New Hampshire on November 30, 1999, when he had only claimed he "found" it after it was already evacuated in 1978 because of chemical contamination. Rolling Stone columnist Eric Boehlert also argued that media outlets exaggerated criticism of Gore as early as July 22, 1999, when Gore, known for being an environmentalist, had a friend release 500 million gallons of water into a drought stricken river to help keep his boat afloat for a photo shot; media outlets, however, exaggerated the actual number of gallons that were released and claimed it was 4 billion.

Obama should release that stuff as a F-U to Trump, have it all come out clean, and take the $5 million dollars. Nothing could be sweeter than not only proving Trump wrong, but also taking his money.

obama should do absolutely nothing, treating trump as the inconsequential pissant that he is.

and as someone mentioned obama supporters like soros and gates should make much larger charity contributions to show that charities should not be held hostage to the whims of attention-whore rich people.

KingGondo

Banned
It's not even worth engaging Trump on any level. It distracts from the race at a crucial moment when Obama can be hammering his message home.

Getting drawn into this non-story has absolutely no upside for Obama.

Ignore him, and let the morons continue to think you're Kenyan.

no because bams will probably only get to replace ginsburg, which is a wash.

hillary or biden's appointments are much more important. but knowing democrats' luck with the SCOTUS lately, we will lose that election and a conservative majority will be solidified for another 10-15 years.

scalia is fueled by pure evil, and hatred of liberals and people who disagree with him. he will not allow himself to die in the next four years. i suspect kennedy will be kept alive by the same supernatural forces.

Dude, they're both 76. They'll be 80 by the time 2016 rolls around. "pure evil" arguments aside, shit happens, and I don't think either wants to die in office and not enjoy retirement.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If Democrats can capitalize on Mourdock's rape comment, then gaining 2 or 3 seats is a possibility. This seemed implausible only a few months back. But the GOP's preference for extreme, reactionary candidates is proving deleterious; who would have guessed? The repercussions of Mourdock's comments will probably be less pronounced than Akin's. The Republican response has been more ambivalent. But in what was already a close election, I'll take any advantage.

No way Mourdock loses in Indiana, even after that comment.

hym

Banned

Trump: "when he does that to my satisfaction"

He will NEVER EVER write such a check, Trump just desperately wants to spread doubt after his birth record claims failed to deliver anything whatsoever. So the only thing Obama has to gain is exposing Trump yet again as a scam, worth Obama's time and attention right now? I'm not convinced

Brinbe

It's not even worth engaging Trump on any level. It distracts from the race at a crucial moment when Obama can be hammering his message home.

Getting drawn into this non-story has absolutely no upside for Obama.

Ignore him, and let the morons continue to think you're Kenyan.

Exactly. It's beneath him and there's no need to give that moron more undue attention. And this shouldn't be surprising because he did this the LAST time he had some super special announcement to make, and that just ended up being publicity for his stupid show, like this has been.

Kusagari

Trump will just claim its fake and donate nothing.

It's a win-win for him because he can just deny if Obama actually does it, and wins for making the president actually do it, or can go on and on about how Obama's hiding stuff.

apana

Yep.

That's why the media is acting like this election is much closer than it really is...

They love hit's.

I don't know, looking at the aggregate of polls at both the state and national level on real clear politics it seems like it could easily go either way.

Really?
Because I was expecting exactly something along those lines.

This is even worse then I thought, because he literally has NOTHING. I was expecting another Drudge/Breitbart type video that everyone but the extreme crazies would ignore because it said nothing controversial.

Zoibie

Does Trump think he's backed Obama into a corner with this? Bahaha. I'd love to see Obama donate $10m to charity just to see Trump's rage at being outsmarted.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Only if one of the conservative judges dies.

Scalia is like 76, but I have no expectation he will ever I think he will stay on until he actually dies in office.

Does Trump think he's backed Obama into a corner with this? Bahaha. I'd love to see Obama donate $10m to charity just to see Trump's rage at being outsmarted.

Obama doesn't have 10 million dollars.

Dude, they're both 76. They'll be 80 by the time 2016 rolls around. "pure evil" arguments aside, shit happens, and I don't think either wants to die in office and not enjoy retirement.
Kennedy maybe. I think the life of a justice is what Scalia lives for. Their long ass recesses gives them a lot of time to enjoy their golden years.

Jadedx

Banned

Trump thinks one of two things will happen.

Either Obama will ignore him and then the right will question why he won't show proof.

Or Obama will engage him for 2 weeks making the president seem less presidential.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kennedy maybe. I think the life of a justice is what Scalia lives for. Their long ass recesses gives them a lot of time to enjoy their golden years.

Ginsburg has indicated she refuses to retire until 2016 as is for some weird reason that has to do with some other justice she hero-worships. I think if Obama wins, however, you'll see her retire in 2014.

Duffyside

Banned
Asking the same question I asked the other night; can anyone think of any instances where a state seemed to be locked for one candidate going into election night, and then wound up going for the other? How often does that happen?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yes way. The few polls available indicate a close election. There's no evidence indicating this is a lock for Republicans.

He just came out and said his comments were "misunderstood."

Believe me, that will be enough for people here. He'll win.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
121wqx1xeddh.gif

this is surprisingly addictive

You know New York or something?

Zoibie

Scalia is like 76, but I have no expectation he will ever I think he will stay on until he actually dies in office.

Obama doesn't have 10 million dollars.

Well, in lieu of a donation, he should find the nearest soup kitchen and start washing some pots.

Trump thinks one of two things will happen.

Either Obama will ignore him and then the right will question why he won't show proof.

Or Obama will engage him for 2 weeks making the president seem less presidential.

Surely Trump must know that no-one outside of the right takes this stuff seriously.

Ecotic

It's amazing how close this year is to being a mild Democratic wave. Democrats will gain in the House, to an undetermined degree. They'll hold the Senate and possibly gain seats there. And if Obama wins his debate flub will ultimately be seen in hindsight as being what kept super PAC money going to Romney instead of House and Senate races.

Jackson50

He just came out and said his comments were "misunderstood."

Believe me, that will be enough for people here. He'll win.
Akin attempted to extenuate his comments. Yet he's still losing, and his lead was larger than Mourdock's. So until I see evidence otherwise, your certitude is unfounded. And from what I remember of your previous predictions, I'll not trust your intuition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom