• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
It's amazing how close this year is to being a mild Democratic wave. Democrats will gain in the House, to an undetermined degree. They'll hold the Senate and possibly gain seats there. And if Obama wins his debate flub will ultimately be seen in hindsight as being what kept super PAC money going to Romney instead of House and Senate races.
Even more amazing is that, in the face of all of this, Republicans retain a degree of confidence that doesn't fit the facts of the situation at all.

I've seen people go into elections hopeful that their candidates can overcome mildly antagonistic odds.. but this is a wholly different level of delusion.

Jadedx

Banned
Akin attempted to extenuate his comments. Yet he's still losing, and his lead was larger than Mourdock's. So until I see evidence otherwise, your certitude is unfounded. And from what I remember of your previous predictions, I'll not trust your intuition.

Translation: Your credibility <=0

GMw7R.jpg

DAT APPROVAL

Even more amazing is that, in the face of all of this, Republicans retain a degree of confidence that doesn't fit the facts of the situation at all.

I've seen people go into elections hopeful that their candidates can overcome mildly antagonistic odds.. but this is a wholly different level of delusion.
The economy is HORRIBLE, the world is LAUGHING AT US, HOPE DIDN'T WORK, and the Arab spring is costing us LIVES.

That's their world view: of course Obama is going to lose. He has failed in every regard to them.

HylianTom

Banned
Gallup looks good for O today

Approval 53-42 (Net +5)
RV 48-47 O (O+1 R-1)
LV 50-47 R (R-1 O+1)
You know that scene in The Truman Show where he's in the middle of the storm, and there's a moment where we're all wondering if he drowned, and then he suddenly rises up from the water to climb back up into the boat, and the crowd at the bar cheers?

Reading the reactions here, I'm reminded of that moment.

The economy is HORRIBLE, the world is LAUGHING AT US, HOPE DIDN'T WORK, and the Arab spring is costing us LIVES.

That's their world view: of course Obama is going to lose. He has failed in every regard to them.
I can see them twisting these things, but the whole "the world is laughing at us" one stands out to me as particularly asinine. If anything, I can hear the world collectively holding its breath, hoping and praying that another Republican idiot/madman doesn't win here.

Back in the summer, overheard in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and elsewhere:
"Guys, I know we have our differences and that we eventually have to fight 'em out - but for the next few months, let's not fuck this up for Barack. Agreed? Agreed."

Gallup looks good for O today

Approval 53-42 (Net +5)
RV 48-47 O (O+1 R-1)
LV 50-47 R (R-1 O+1)

holy shit @ dat approval rating.

debate bump is real! if so, obama's numbers in the RV/LV models should improve greatly as the pre-debate numbers are phased out.

if obama got a bump from this debate . . . election is over.

Nice to see Gallup finally reverting to the mean. Hopefully it lasts, but not like individual polls are worth that much on their own.

My prediction is that there is no "final bounce". After taking 3 debates into consideration, the people will either stick with the incumbent or throw him out. The polls will start to reflect that. No more avenues left for undecided voters. If they still cannot make up their minds, they are not voting on 6th.

Im so pissed right now.

Apparently, my idiotic bank doesnt let me do wire transfers online or over the phone.

FUCK YUO CREDIT UNION YOU RUINED EVERYTHING.

AniHawk

Gallup is a rolling 5 day average too, so Tuesday must've been huge for Obama in the wake of the final debate.

could be a combination of that plus friday being a good day for romney.

i don't see obama going up much higher in gallup. their lv might even out to +3-4 romney and the rv might stay with a slight obama lead so people can always point to that if the lv winds up being off. the approval rating is pretty ridiculous though. i don't think it'll go up much higher from where it is now.

We approve of Obama but we're going to take a chance on the conservative flip-flopper with no details to the most pressing issues? How does this make sense?

pigeon

Banned
Five point bump in a three-day tracker means a minimum of 11 point increase over Saturday. If it doesn't fall back, Obama will reach about 60. I wish approval rating was more probative, but hey, that's two tracking polls with a positive move, if you're counting tracking polls.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat

But did we have a big swing from Friday when it got added? I would imagine a single extreme day would cause swings coming in and going out. I honestly can't remember because TOO MANY NUMBERS

i don't see obama going up much higher in gallup. their lv might even out to +3-4 romney and the rv might stay with a slight obama lead so people can always point to that if the lv winds up being off. the approval rating is pretty ridiculous though. i don't think it'll go up much higher from where it is now.

It's still taking Saturday into account which was good for Romney.

So what has happened today worth panicking about, friends?

Fucking Obama and intrade.

Thanks to his nanny state laws, getting money in is a hassle, and now I cant do a wire transfer because my retarded bank requires that be done in person.

Basically, he just cost me $1,000.

Typical Obama. If theres a way to screw over economic development, he finds it.

While certainly good to see Galup Revert to the Mean, Don't go reverse Cheebs, a couple of polls on a single day isn't a bounce, it's statistical noise.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gallup's showing 47% Obama? I need a 47% joke, but I ran out a month ago.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That Trump thing was laughable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The Republican bravado is a confidence trick and to some degree it actually works; just look how Republicans post on the internet and talk in person. They talk about things in very definite terms like, "it's over," "we are winning," even in the face of all evidence.

Its a psychological trick designed to get bandwagoners on board with voting for the "winning" team.

Oh I'm not questioning it, just it seems like a potential real bounce. Most of the other tracking polls have shown Obama settling with a 2 point lead, maybe Gallup is moving towards a tie soon?

I want to see the regional breakdown

It's either a debate bounce or Gallup cleaning its shit up under a "debate bounce".

Not bad either way.

Politico reports Obama may withdraw from Ohio. Internal polls supposedly show he's losing.
He's making campaign stops in Minnesota and Vermont this week. He's worried about losing them. He doesn't want to be a one-state wonder like Mondale or McGovern (god rest his soul in heaven).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Akin attempted to extenuate his comments. Yet he's still losing, and his lead was larger than Mourdock's. So until I see evidence otherwise, your certitude is unfounded. And from what I remember of your previous predictions, I'll not trust your intuition.

I find your analysis of Mourdock's comments about illegal, forced copulation and the comparison to Akin's analogous situation to be off-base due to each man's distinct whereabouts in our great dominion.

We should accede to our discord and scrutinize the denouement when it occurs.

gcubed

i think its funny that the GOP still thinks that their reactionary uninformed FP history is still at all popular in this country.

they are devastated that they are getting eviscerated by a black democrat on security and foreign policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom