• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

Wow just looking at thread views there are over 500,000, I'm betting there are alot of conservatives/republicans lurking here.

What's the deal with Christie's current behaviour? As in, what's his political motivation here?

I think two things are at play here:

1. Christie is very emotional. So, he sees the destruction and issues and realizes he needs Federal help.
2. He knows he is served better if Obama wins from a personal perspective. And being a successful governor during Sandy will help his national ambitions too.

watershed

Banned
wow they are seriously going to blame a natural disaster for Romney losing.

If a natural disaster causes Romney to lose this election then isn't it fair to say, using many conservatives' argument of choice, that divine intervention wanted Romney to lose? I'd say God is definitely voting for Obama in this election

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
If a natural disaster causes Romney to lose this election then isn't it fair to say, using many conservatives' argument of choice, that divine intervention wanted Romney to lose? I'd say God is definitely voting for Obama in this election

Obama winning will be God's work as the first sign of the Rapture.

Socreges

Banned
His state has just been massively shit on and he needs all the help he can get. He's also:

1) Betting on Obama being reelected. He's been talking a lot about forming a partnership with him and the federal government going forward, the implication being that he's assuming Obama is going to be the man he has to deal with, and not just as a lame duck. This also plays into 2016 ambitions, assuming his own party hasn't completely disowned him by then.

2) Betting on a bipartisan disaster response playing well in traditionally blue (at least presidentially) New Jersey. He's up for reelection next year.

3) Aware that the people he has to deal with right now are the Obama Administration, whether he likes it or not, for the sake of his constituents, even if that changes in a few days.

As much as I dislike Christie and his politics, his disaster response and his current love affair with Obama both seem thoroughly genuine. Pragmatism over rhetoric in the face of tragedy.
Didn't the former Governor of Louisiana respond poorly to FEMA going in during Katrina, which eventually led to him being ousted? Or have I been fed misinformation?

Either way, seems like playing bipartisan politics while your constituents are in great need of federal help would be pretty stupid.

Well . . . do you think they'll blame themselves or their policies?
Well I figured they would do the whole "Mitt wasn't conservative enough and he flip flopped too much, we need a more conservative nominee next time" thing. Maybe with a bit of ZOMG VOTER FRAUD sprinkled on top.

8BzFQ.png

Fox News lol. 3 things.

1. Still can't let Libya go. Sorry bros, you got whiskey dick

2. lol @ bias alert

3. climate change headline misleading. Scientists skeptical about blaming Sandy on climate change, not on actual climate change. See, this is how they mislead people with a faux title.
wow @ that bias alert..

Bush economy was on a drastically downward trend whereas:

i8wb8lDRBEwIi.jpg

Scarborough isn't on Morning Joe this morning and they are basically writing the Romney campaign's obituary. Mark Halperin says that insiders from both sides are starting to feel like Obama has this

Farmboy

What's the deal with Christie's current behaviour? As in, what's his political motivation here?

To get into a petty fight with the President at a time like this would look really, really terrible. Sure, it would probably damage Obama somewhat as well, but Christie has other concerns than just being a loyal Romney surrogate, not the least of which is his own re-election. Plus, he's not stupid and probably sees the writing on the wall.

If he gains popularity because of this and looks like a top contender in 2016 the GOP will forgive him anyway.

Keio

For a Finer World
Really happy seeing the WaPo-ABC poll about Sandy response - sure it's been posted before but here some more bad news for Obama:
Sandy-response.jpg

I'm feeling very confident right now.

Mac_Lane

Really happy seeing the WaPo-ABC poll about Sandy response - sure it's been posted before but here some more bad news for Obama:
Sandy-response.jpg

I'm feeling very confident right now.

I think something's wrong with Romney numbers on this: how can 25% excellent and 48% good make 44% total positive ?

ido

The best part of waking up...

Is seeing those goddamn numbers go up on fivethirtyeight. It's like being a stat-whore in an RPG.

Also digging those Silver tweets... I've been waiting for him to just say, "Shut the fuck up and get back at me after I'm right, bitch."

SmokeMaxX

Intrade stock price crashing hard. If anyone still has free money on the market, I'd buy now.
$6.46 currently; was over $6.90 earlier.

ISOM

Lol they are already doing a hypothetical "what if" for romney if he could've done his campaign differently. They are slowly preparing for that romney loss. Damn I wanted them to go into nov 6th super confident just so that their emotional fall would be bigger.

So Pew says...

What was the sample at this time in 2008? Anyone know?

Pew is the real deal, so this stat is nothing to scoff at. Making me a bit uncomfortable. That said, a lot of red states are probably pushing Mitt over the top with early voting. If we are to assume Pew counts Obama as being ahead in OH, IA, and CO then it really doesn't matter.

But it's still way too close for comfort, and it would be nice to know what the sample was in 2008.

zWKts.png

Lol they are already doing a hypothetical "what if" for romney if he could've done his campaign differently. They are slowly preparing for that romney loss. Damn I wanted them to go into nov 6th super confident just so that their emotional fall would be bigger.

"The governor should have never proceeded"

ido

God damn it.

Don't worry, Dick Morris will calm their worried hearts with his unbiased unskewed facts.

smurfx

get some go again
alright so what does mitt romney do if he loses the election? dont think he will run for president again and he will still have his lust for power. run for senator? don't think he is the kinda guy fox news viewers like so i doubt he works for them.

markatisu

For those who don't click on the link

Colorado: Romney 50%, Obama 47% (Rasmussen)

Florida: Obama 47%, Romney 47% (Newsmax/Zogby)

Iowa: Obama 50%, Romney 44% (NBC/WSJ/Marist)

Michigan: Obama 53%, Romney 45% (Public Policy Polling)

Nevada: Obama 50%, Romney 46% (SurveyUSA)

New Hampshire: Obama 49%, Romney 47% (NBC/WSJ/Marist)

Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 44% (Newsmax/Zogby)

Virginia: Obama 49%, Romney 46% (Public Policy Polling)

Virginia: Romney 48%, Obama 47% (Newsmax/Zogby)

Wisconsin: Obama 49%, Romney 46% (NBC/WSJ/Marist)

Wisconsin: Obama 49%, Romney 49% (Rasmussen)

ISOM

For those who don't click on the link

Romney does not seem to have a clear lead in a single swing state that shows up in every poll. It would be funny if obama wins every one of those swing states, the mind fuckery for republicans would be insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom