• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao at Sliver being an ideologue.

Joe Scarborough said:
"Nate Silver says this is a 73.6% chance that the president's going to win. Nobody in that campaign thinks they have a 73.6% -- they think they have a 50.1% chance of winning.

.... Anybody that thinks that this race is anything but a tossup right now is such an ideologue [that] they should be kept away from typewriters, computers, laptops, and microphones for the next ten days, because they're jokes."
The irony of Joe Scarborough sitting in front of a microphone saying that is great.

if the GOP were at all confident, you'd think they would try and discredit silver after the election. if they think they are going to win regardless of polls why do they give a fuck about silver?

they are really pathetic right now.

Diablos

I dunno, as much as I love fivethirtyeight I think it might be a bit high to put Obama at 79%. I think once you really see the state-by-state turnout weigh in beyond polling, it'll be closer to a 60/40 election.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I dunno, as much as I love fivethirtyeight I think it might be a bit high to put Obama at 79%. I think once you really see the state-by-state turnout weigh in beyond polling, it'll be closer to a 60/40 election.

roll

fucking

eyes

Hunter S.

The irony of Joe Scarborough sitting in front of a microphone saying that is great.

Each camp has to have this attitude otherwise one of them could get too comfortable or too uncomfortable to continue. Clearly they have to reflect a positive attitude if they have any chance of winning. This does not mean that the average person has any reason to believe the chances of winning are 50.1% for either candidate because clearly they are not.

Feeling good about Obama's numbers jumping into the Obaminator's favor as well.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

What are you going to do on wednesday moring?

Clevinger

You should start your own polling aggregate site.

ohmygodwereallfucked.com

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Diablos gonna Diablos.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

You just blew my mind.

norinrad

I get the impression that Romney believes the presidency is entitled to him, and has been working toward that goal for decades. Likewise his wife believes the same, perhaps even moreso than him.

Pretty sick when you think about it. Too bad he's probably going to win so he can stick to the 47% no good lazy bastards

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Like Rasmussen, that polling firm has a pretty consistent GOP bias.

Rasmussen's polls are practically the actual election compared to these guys.

My predictions are quickly coming true.

They're still saying Ohio has a 3 pt. Obama advantage, they're just arbitrarily putting the entire state in a "tossup" pile to get hits. Its rather blatant - 3 points is a fairly decisive advantage in polling and there are literally hundreds of polls consistently showing an Obama lead. Sure, Romney could win OH but no sane person would predict it without just resorting to gut feeling.

I think the "Romney feels enititled to be the Prez" meme is overreach. *Anybody* running for President has a certain amount of ego. The same could have been said for McCain, but at least there, there was some evidence of it.

Romney *wants* to be President, certainly. Enough to spend huge amounts of time and money running. I don't see any evidence that he feels entitled to it, though.

It's just ennecessary character attacks. He's enough of a douche without having to invent stuff.

Someone on my Facebook posted Trumps video about Obama's supposed non-transparency. I couldn't resist GAF...I've held it back for too long.

Someone hold me. :(

And she deleted my comment. Wow.

I think that kind of pisses me off more than whatever bullshit excuse she would've posted. -______-

AniHawk

i don't get the wapo article. polling suggests ohio's more like nevada than other tossup states. there's a huge 25-30 point early voting advantage with 30% of votes cast already.

Loudninja

U.S. Automakers Have Best October Sales In Years, Except Ford
G.M. and Chrysler reported that U.S. sales of their automobiles for October were the highest for the month in the past five years, 195,764 and 126,185 vehicles respectively, The Detroit News and Reuters reported. Meanwhile, Ford reported October U.S. sales of 168,456, flat from a year ago though small car sales were up 54 percent, the highest in 11 years.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/us-automakers-have-best-october-sales-in-years

Angry Grimace

OMG PANIC PANIC PANIC

Daily Caller - Shock Poll Shows Obama Could Lose Illinois

NNKth.gif
NNKth.gif
NNKth.gif
NNKth.gif
NNKth.gif

RDreamer

The Economist endorsed Obama, which is notable because The Economist leans center-right, so they're reaching across the aisle: http://www.economist.com/news/leade...-fit-bill-which-one?fsrc=scn/tw_ec/which_one_

Not exactly reaching across the aisle, since Obama is center-right also :p

(Also, this is the first time that The Economist has ever endorsed a US presidential candidate for re-election)
That's pretty cool, I guess.

Remember when Limbaugh called Sandy the "weakest ass hurricane he's ever seen?" Did he ever follow that up since it hit land?

Well, part of that is probably Florida bravado. They get hit regularly by bigger hurricanes. But that was exactly part of the problem with this one. Florida is built for such hurricanes . . . NYC and New Jersey are not. Both man-made (buildings, infrastructure, etc.) and natural (trees, beaches, etc.) were just not designed for this type of storm.

Being Rush, I can see him making fun of those wussy Northeast people. That's not where much of his audience lies anyway.

The Economist endorsed Obama, which is notable because The Economist leans center-right, so they're reaching across the aisle: http://www.economist.com/news/leade...-fit-bill-which-one?fsrc=scn/tw_ec/which_one_

(Also, this is the first time that The Economist has ever endorsed a US presidential candidate for re-election)

AFAIK The Economist is British, and so they follow the Non-American definition of "right wing" and "left wing", in which case Obama would be squarely centre-right.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Telling that you are all dismissing the Daily Caller, a highly reputable website. 1) They are daily, which means the news is freshest, and 2) they call, which implies they have inside sources who they are in frequent contact with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom