• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was fucking Sane compared to current right wing nut jobs. He spoke in front of Muslims days after 9/11 calling Islam a religion of peace I believe and saying that the acts of a few do not reflect what Muslims/Islam stand for. He understood in some ways the need for cooperation between Muslim community and law enforcement.

Also, Clinton cuts new ad for Obama:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trPn8sNOvYA&feature=youtu.be
How much would it cost to get W. Bush to cut the same ad saying he and Romney are the same.

Owzers

Isn't there someone you can call? I can't believe people in swing states would procrastinate on this >_<

mmmm procrastination. I'm going to call my voter registration office in a couple days, gottaregister.com said it would take 10 days but it's been longer than that.

markatisu

Yeah a large percentage of minorities are conservative. My uncle's a Republican just because of social issues but he hasn't voted GOP since 2000 (Bush)

The GOP's biggest issue is they cannot connect with minorities, they can reach them talking about abortion and "Moral" issues but then shit them away for life by instantly speaking badly about entitlement programs and immigration.

In the end minorities will always vote for what is best for themselves and their family, equating them to cattle (Hispanics) or welfare queens (African Americans) will always be against their interests.

I was a wee little lad of about 10 years old and didn't live in the US =P I only remembering knowing that Republicans were evil and being disappointed when Bush won. But yes I recently read a bit on Bush and he was definitely a very different conservative than anything we're seeing today.
Bush completely changed his presidency after 9/11. He's whole platform was that new kind of conservative who wasn't going to let the poor go it alone and the government had some part to play just less than gore thought. I really do this bush was a much more genuine person than romney. I think he actually took caring for others to heart even if I disagreed with his approaches.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Has Erin Burnett turned heel or something? She's trying to assert that Obama's tax plan doesn't work because not spending money on wars doesn't count as savings.

I think she's trying to counter balance what she thinks is a liberal media. She started doing this about 1 or 2 months ago.

AniHawk

TfsvP.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HH7AkiB8EQ#t=6s

Bush completely changed his presidency after 9/11. He's whole platform was that new kind of conservative who wasn't going to let the poor go it alone and the government had some part to play just less than gore thought. I really do this bush was a much more genuine person than romney. I think he actually took caring for others to heart even if I disagreed with his approaches.

This country would be so different were it not for 9/11 it's fucking mind boggling. I wish I lived in THAT alternate universe. :(

So Gallup and RAND has show a two point bounce one day after the debate. Ras, despite being a three day, tracker showed nothing. That seems odd regarding Rasmussen.

Lets hope this continues. Did PPP release their tracker last night cuz I didn't see it.

pigeon

Banned
So Gallup and RAND has show a two point bounce one day after the debate. Ras, despite being a three day, tracker showed nothing. That seems odd regarding Rasmussen.

Lets hope this continues. Did PPP release their tracker last night cuz I didn't see it.

Moved back to even from R+2, last night was tied.

HylianTom

Banned
All pre-debate. Tiny sample size, really, and I don't know anything about the pollster, but good enough hopefully.

I just add it to the evidence pile. It fits what the Obama camp is saying about five certain swing states..

Chicago remains sufficiently funded and emboldened by its own polling to compete for the final two weeks in all nine of the battlegrounds: Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia in the South; New Hampshire in the North; Iowa, Ohio, and Wisconsin in the Midwest; and Nevada and Colorado in the West. As they have in the past, Obama campaign officials say they expect to win a high percentage of those states and conceivably could sweep all nine.

When pressed, the Obama officials with whom I met said that five of the nine stand out: Nevada, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, and New Hampshire. In that quintet, Democrats believe the combination of their current leads in polling, early voting (where applicable), and ground game makes their chances of winning even greater there than in the other four. And given the Electoral College math, unless Romney picks off one or more of those five states, Obama would win a minimum of 281 electoral votes and re-election.

Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, Virginia? All are icing on the cake.

lol Romney reaffirmed his support for Mourdock's candidacy. Maybe this'll become a good attack line for female voters for Bams in the home stretch.

AniHawk

ppp noted romney had a particularly strong sunday. if obama really has a bounce, then we should start seeing the effects of that being removed from polling soon.

Rasmussen producing results that are favorable to Romney is nothing new.

it's already BEEN in play for most of the cycle since his nomination
It's more fun to pretend it wasn't. Makes it that much worse for Republicans to think if their candidate had just kept his trap shut he would have won comfortably.

Just like Missouri, which certainly looked like easy pickings for Akin but no guarantee.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I'm tempted to put some cash on Obama via Intrade but just like when I'm at the supermarket and always choose the wrong checkout line, I feel that by doing so I will singlehandedly be the downfall of Obama and the rise of Romney.

You don't have that much power Cloving.

Gotchaye

Now that I have money on the way to Intrade, I find myself hoping that Obama doesn't pull ahead in the polls (for another few days). Having money on the line changes things. This must be what it feels like to be a Republican.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom