• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man from Krugthulu's newest op-ed in the Times:

The Blackmail Caucus

But are we ready to become a country in which “Nice country you got here. Shame if something were to happen to it” becomes a winning political argument? I hope not. By all means, vote for Mr. Romney if you think he offers the better policies. But arguing for Mr. Romney on the grounds that he could get things done veers dangerously close to accepting protection-racket politics, which have no place in American life.

Dropping the Minecraft creeper meme on the grey lady op-ed pages. Even if it wasn't intentional,it's pretty appropriate. Arguing that Romney would be more effective because he could exert control over the GOP congress is just silly-he showed in the primaries that he could have positions every bit as nutter as they have.
I've been basically saying this for a while now. One argument for Romney being able to get things done more effectively is that the normally obstructionist Republicans wouldn't be as obstructionist if a Republican was president and I think that is deplorable. The Republicans have been holding our country hostage and I really hope it doesn't work.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
People dont care about Libya, especially when its internal strife

That's what has been so mind-boggling about Fox News' insistence to push the story.

The only people that care are the far far-right.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Oh man from Krugthulu's newest op-ed in the Times:

The Blackmail Caucus

But are we ready to become a country in which “Nice country you got here. Shame if something were to happen to it” becomes a winning political argument? I hope not. By all means, vote for Mr. Romney if you think he offers the better policies. But arguing for Mr. Romney on the grounds that he could get things done veers dangerously close to accepting protection-racket politics, which have no place in American life.

Dropping the Minecraft creeper meme on the grey lady op-ed pages. Even if it wasn't intentional,it's pretty appropriate. Arguing that Romney would be more effective because he could exert control over the GOP congress is just silly-he showed in the primaries that he could have positions every bit as nutter as they have.
Yes, I've been arguing that it sends a very bad signal to reward Republicans for their intransigence and blackmail, because it's only going to happen again in the future. Brad Plumer had a good point yesterday about Bloomberg's endorsement of Obama on the issue of climate change. He said:

One way to read Bloomberg’s endorsement is that he’s trying to shift the politics of climate change in his own small way. By supporting a president who has taken half-steps over a challenger who wants to ignore the issue altogether, Bloomberg is trying to make big action more politically feasible — and make inaction unacceptable.

The same is true for partisan gridlock. Demonstrating that you're just going to reward a party for its bad behavior is also unacceptable.

8 minutes. If it isn't 8% or over, then it's not bad news for Obama IMO.

A .1 bump is still under 8% and is within the margin of error.

gcubed

That's what has been so mind-boggling about Fox News' insistence to push the story.

The only people that care are the far far-right.

Oh I think there is some interest if an american diplomat was killed... none at all for internal Libyan struggles

Mgoblue201

The important thing is whether the jobs report continues the trend of more people entering the work force to look for a job, even if the UE rate itself goes up slightly.

DasRaven

Jack Welsh looks like even more a fool. Broad-based growth, with the only declining sector being Government.
Upward revisions to the previous months and more jobs added than expected.

Mgoblue201

"The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for August was revised from +142,000 to +192,000, and the change for September was revised from +114,000 to +148,000."

thefro

The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for August was revised from +142,000 to
+192,000, and the change for September was revised from +114,000 to +148,000.

Better numbers than last month, but look for Romney to spin the 7.9% number hard.

DasRaven

Tea Party Santelli on CNBC having a breakdown announcing that the Obama administration now has unequivocal job growth over the term.
(~100K not counting the Feb, 2013 revision which will add another 300K). Looks like someone drank his milkshake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom