• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The revisions are the big deal here, that's another +80k jobs

Also, unemployment rate of those with a four year degree is now 3.8%, go to school!!

Keio

For a Finer World
Going to be very hard to spin the 0,1% change. I guess the only angle is that market is trying to recover faster but Obummer is slowing it.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Looks like public sector jobs fell by 13,000, unfortunately. They had grown for several consecutive months. Private sector growth was 184k.

Clevinger

Going to be very hard to spin the 0,1% change. I guess the only angle is that market is trying to recover faster but Obummer is slowing it.

Not too hard. They just have to say "It rose up to 7.9! This is outrageous!" They don't have to say where it rose up from. Leave that up to low information voters' imaginations.

Measley

Pretty sad to see the right literally run away from the UE numbers when they didn't go in their favor.

I take that back; it isnt sad, it's pathetic.

Not gonna be hard to spin at all. Very simple math for the campaign trail: UE is higher than when he took office (all while convienently ignoring all the ubstructions to the Jobs bill) and it went UP from last month.

That's an easy spin job.

Half-way decent? This is a good report when you factor in the revisions.

That is if you look deeper than the rate. The superficial takeaway is the unemployment rate slightly went up. "Are we on the right path to recovery?," and all that.

Now, whether or not the electorate and, particularly, the soft-commits and undecideds take a deeper look at the numbers, who knows.

Not gonna be hard to spin at all. Very simple math for the campaign trail: UE is higher than when he took office (all while convienently ignoring all the ubstructions to the Jobs bill) and it went UP from last month.

That's an easy spin job.

This is what they are going with, it has begun

That is if you look deeper than the rate. The superficial takeaway is the unemployment rate slightly went up. "Are we on the right path to recovery?," and all that.

Now, whether or not the electorate and, particularly, the soft-commits and undecideds take a deeper look at the numbers, who knows.
They won't, but these numbers won't change anything.

Ecotic

Has Obama broken even on jobs lost/created for his term yet? And I mean altogether, including private jobs lost/ gained, and government jobs lost/gained.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Has Obama broken even on jobs lost/created for his term yet? And I mean altogether, including private jobs lost/ gained, and government jobs lost/gained.

Yes, I think he's +100K now for the term in the private sector (or maybe overall?).

Government alone he's gotta be way down.

Owzers

i like the talking point going around of " we spent a trillion dollars in stimulus and we're .1% above the unemployment Obama started with"

Now imagine if the Republicans actually thought about Americans (and didn't play Partisan Games) and signed the Jobs bill.

Now, Obama may get re-elected and they will have held those jobs hostage for absolutely nothing.

Loudninja

(Reuters) - U.S. employers stepped up hiring in October and the jobless rate ticked higher as more workers restarted job hunts, a hopeful sign for a lackluster economy that has dragged on President Barack Obama's reelection chances.

Employers added 171,000 people to their payrolls last month, the Labor Department said on Friday. The government also said 84,000 more jobs were created in August and September than initially estimated.

The jobless rate edged a tenth of a point higher to 7.9 percent, but that was due to a surge of workers back into the workforce. Only people who have recently looked for a job can count as unemployed.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/02/us-usa-economy-jobs-idUSBRE8A106620121102

i like the talking point going around of " we spent a trillion dollars in stimulus and we're .1% above the unemployment Obama started with"
The right has it way too easy when it comes to those things. I'm really surprised the American public hasn't eaten it up much more. After Bush's re-election I expected the worst from the electorate.

Inertia is a hard concept to grasp for some.

I've tried to explain this to my conservative family. (They wouldn't be my friends by choice if they were this obtuse) and they just don't get it. Truth is, they don't accept the premise he's American to begin with, although I think they are just trolling on that point.

Bowdz

Hot damn. 171k is pretty solid for jobs growth.

Has this been posted yet?

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-co...akes-big-lead-over-mourdock-148090.html?hp=r1

Politico said:
Democratic Rep. Joe Donnelly has jumped to a double-digit lead over Republican Richard Mourdock in the Indiana Senate race, a development that makes the GOP climb to the majority even steeper.

A new Indiana Battleground Poll, conducted for Howey Politics Indiana and DePauw University, found Donnelly up 47-36 percent, with Libertarian candidate Andrew Horning pulling 6 percent of the vote. Donnelly's 11-point lead is a huge increase from the 2-point advantage that the same poll showed him holding in September.

The results strongly suggest that Mourdock's support has eroded after his controversial remarks last week that God intended for pregnancies to occur after rape. The GOP has been spending big to save his candidacy, with outside groups pouring in about $4 million in just the last week alone.

The Mourdock campaign is downplaying the numbers and released an internal poll Friday morning showing the Republican up 2 points over Donnelly.

The Tea Party will have come full circle if Mourdock loses what probably would have been a safe Republican senate seat if Lugar had gotten through the primary.

TiVo

Fox news and Steve "Douchie" got butt-hurt by Christie, so now they are going to focus on frustrated folk who will complain about FEMA not helping them soon enough.

Expect interviews of poor white folk in front of their once-standing homes crying, screaming and condemning Obama and Christie.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
It's so easy to forget that we were losing 700,000 jobs a month by the time the stimulus was passed. I mean that was what, ten years ago? It's understandable that no one remembers.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Trying to spin these numbers is sad

CONSIDERING IT WAS THE REPUBLICANS FAULT UNEMPLOYMENT ROCKETED

Imagine where the numbers would be if the republicans didn't have a stupid hardon over trying to make Obama a one term president

Cloudy

Banned
Fox news and Steve "Douchie" got butt-hurt by Christie, so now they are going to focus on frustrated folk who will complain about FEMA not helping them soon enough.

Expect interviews of poor white folk in front of their once-standing homes crying, screaming and condemning Obama

fixed. Hannity was already saying "Obama's Katrina" last night

gcubed

In all seriousness I want PDs opinion on if Obama has the balls (and the support in the senate) to play hardball with the fiscal cliff.

Pull PD away from his horse race trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom