• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodet

Because Dick "Lying Sack of Sh*t" Morris is saying Romney is going to lose, if he's always wrong, does that mean Romney's really going to win?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder if Nate Silver actually had any appreciable impact in killing the Romentum story line because it was pretty much dominating headlines prior to Sandy.

besada

Banned
freeper said:
I find all the hand wringing about Romney being “desperate” by going to PA hilarious. Do you guys have access to Romney’s internals?

If there’s anything that’s for certain, is that Mitt Romney is going to going to do everything he can to make himself the 45th President. He’s no loser like McCain.

In four years it will be "loser like Romney." the freepers have no tolerance for losers.

Mitt Romney said:
You know that if the President is re-elected, he will still be unable to work with the people in Congress, He has ignored them, attacked them, blamed them. The debt ceiling will come up again, and shutdown and default will be threatened, chilling the economy.
wow

"Elect me and House Republicans will let the hostage live"
Mitt Romney said:
I won’t spend my effort trying to pass partisan legislation that’s unrelated to economic growth, From day one, I will go to work to help Americans get back to work.
Oh so you won't be repealing Obamacare on day 1? Romnesia.

Trurl

Banned
What can we do to make 2014 better than 2010? I know that it's a long way off, but it seems like something fundementally needs to change with the way the public views midterm elections.

Maybe a bunch of independents can run to take advantage of popular disgust with the two parties, but then caucus with the Dems when they get elected. Just don't tell anyone about the plan.

Tim-E

There's also the small fact that the republican side is more or less confirmably operating from a default position of bad faith in everything, down to the last detail.

This describes most republicans I know. By default they assume that polls lie, that data or statistics lie, that the President fixes gas prices for political opportunism, that scientists are not to be believed, that news organizations that aren't parroting the talking points of the republican party are biased against them, etc.

Because Dick "Lying Sack of Sh*t" Morris is saying Romney is going to lose, if he's always wrong, does that mean Romney's really going to win?

He predicted that Obama would win in 08 (and he also predicted he would win some ridiculous states like West Virginia and Tennessee, with South Carolina, Georgia, and Louisiana being the only three swing states in the country).

HylianTom

Banned
What can we do to make 2014 better than 2010? I know that it's a long way off, but it seems like something fundementally needs to change with the way the public views midterm elections.

Maybe a bunch of independents can run to take advantage of popular disgust with the two parties, but then caucus with the Dems when they get elected. Just don't tell anyone about the plan.
The Obama Ground Machine needs to stay operational such that it treats the midterms like presidential election years.

I'm definitely going to be more active in my community in 2014. I have plenty of friends who think midterm elections don't matter, even after 2010. I will kick their asses if they don't go vote.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
v4EXD.png

so fucking shameless, christ I cannot wait for this brutal shit to be over with

Man Shepard Smith looks like Peter Pan in that icon.

Tim-E

Colorado: Obama 46%, Romney 46% (Reuters/Ipsos)

Colorado: Obama 50%, Romney 46% (Public Policy Polling)

Colorado: Obama 47%, Romney 45% (Denver Post/SurveyUSA)

Florida: Obama 48%, Romney 46% (Reuters/Ipsos)

Iowa: Obama 49%, Romney 45% (Gravis)

Michigan: Obama 52%, Romney 47% (Rasmussen)

Michigan: Obama 52%, Romney 46% (Public Policy Polling)

Nevada: Obama 50%, Romney 44% (Mellman)

New Hampshire: Obama 50%, Romney 44% (New England College)

Ohio: Obama 49%, Romney 49% (Rasmussen)

Ohio: Obama 47%, Romney 45% (Reuters/Ipsos)

Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 46% (We Ask America)

Virginia: Obama 48%, Romney 45% (Reuters/Ipsos)

Virginia: Obama 49%, Romney 48% (We Ask America)

Wisconsin: Obama 52%, Romney 45% (We Ask America)

These are all from TODAY. We are THREE DAYS AWAY FROM THE ELECTION. Absolutely nothing is going to occur between now and them to shift anything in any meaningful way. It's still possible that Romney could win, but it's just as mathematically unlikely as it has been most of the year.

These are all from TODAY. We are THREE DAYS AWAY FROM THE ELECTION. Absolutely nothing is going to occur between now and them to shift anything in any meaningful way. It's still possible that Romney could win, but it's just as mathematically unlikely as it has been most of the year.

good god, these polls are amazing.

conservatives are flailing, already coming up with excuses. rombot, all out of arguments, is using the extremely unpopular republican house as the reason he should be elected. polls show movement to obama in every single swing state a few days before the election.

the firewall is safe, but bams is also winning CO/VA/FL. everything is falling into place; looks like a very comfortable victory for bams.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is all on the topic of Fox News' "top story" right now:

These are probably the old people who don't understand how to use a touchscreen :p
I'm really getting exhausted here, so I'm not going to be as civil as I ordinarily might, but regardless- they're not probably old people, they are definitely idiots.

I'm not in favor of electronic voting machines at all, but this is incredibly painful stuff to read.
Fox News has received several complaints from voters who say they voted on touch-screen voting machines -- only when they tried to select Mitt Romney, the machine indicated they had chosen President Obama. The voters in question realized the error and were able to cast ballots for their actual choice.
I know I bolded it but let me spell out that last sentence again.

THE VOTERS IN QUESTION REALIZED THE ERROR AND WERE ABLE TO CAST BALLOTS FOR THEIR ACTUAL CHOICE.

Fox News headline? "A Romney Vote Goes to Obama?" But of course.

Don't worry, we're just getting started.
One voter asked: "I wonder how many voters just hit the 'Cast Ballot' without reading the machine?"
I DON'T KNOW BUT THE PEOPLE YOU HAVE DESCRIBED ARE MORONS.

How is this complaint different from "I wonder how many voters just fill in a box without reading the ballot?" or, to the tune of EIGHT YEARS OF OUR LIVES, "I wonder how many voters didn't double-check that they punched the right hole on their Butterfly Ballot?"

Inattentiveness is an issue that has nothing to do with the method of voting whatsoever.
"How can we be sure our votes are not being stolen electronically?" asked another.
...if that's what you're concerned about, why would the machine show you your vote was going to Obama? These are the really ethical voter fraud conspiracies that make sure you understand your vote is being stolen? What in the hell...

One woman's long fingernails blocked her selection, until she moved the angle of her fingers to get it right.
why
the
fuck
is
this
news​
And for the kicker... let's gloss over the minor tiny detail that OHIO VOTING MACHINES HAVE A PAPER TRAIL.
"I pushed the button!" the man declared.
"You might have accidently hit it twice. Just lightly tap it, real light," advised the worker.
She also showed the voter the paper evidence of his votes to confirm them.
"Are you satisfied?"
"Yes, thank you very much," the voter replied.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Touchdown

Banned

My body is ready.. Please let it be.
idJB6Q1.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Patriots7

Oh my god, between the 2008 video and the polls released today, I'm about to OD from all of the hopium.

It's sad that I'm a republican too, but dear god our party has gone to shit.

Seal the deal on Tuesday, Obama!

+1 for Barry in VA!

iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif

To Romney
ieR4aKlxltcxB.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
This is all on the topic of Fox News' "top story" right now:

I'm really getting exhausted here, so I'm not going to be as civil as I ordinarily might, but regardless- they're not probably old people, they are definitely idiots.

I'm not in favor of electronic voting machines at all, but this is incredibly painful stuff to read.

I know I bolded it but let me spell out that last sentence again.

Fox News headline? "A Romney Vote Goes to Obama?" But of course.

Don't worry, we're just getting started.

I DON'T KNOW BUT THE PEOPLE YOU HAVE DESCRIBED ARE MORONS.

How is this complaint different from "I wonder how many voters just fill in a box without reading the ballot?" or, to the tune of EIGHT YEARS OF OUR LIVES, "I wonder how many voters didn't double-check that they punched the right hole on their Butterfly Ballot?"

Inattentiveness is an issue that has nothing to do with the method of voting whatsoever.

...if that's what you're concerned about, why would the machine show you your vote was going to Obama? These are the really ethical voter fraud conspiracies that make sure you understand your vote is being stolen? What in the hell...

why
the
fuck
is
this
news​
And for the kicker... let's gloss over the minor tiny detail that OHIO VOTING MACHINES HAVE A PAPER TRAIL.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
is7c3dCLlHuAX.gif

Haven't had much time to post/read forums the past week due to a busy schedule, but the mood here in PoliGaf is the complete polar opposite than it was just 7-8 days ago. Last week some of you guys were one bad poll away from taking a bath with your favorite toaster.

Looks like Sandy was Obama's October surprise. It allowed Obama to act presidential and to show government being effective/necessary. Romney basically got pushed off the headlines for almost a full week. Combined with the stronger performance in the last two debates by Obama, I think it's caused some people to come home and stick with the guy they know.

And it doesn't hurt that Chris Christie is giving Obama his first true bipartisan victory in four years just a week before the election. Chris Christie is demonstrating to the public that GOP hardliners were responsible for the partisan gridlock, not Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom