• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheebs, please forgive me! I did not mean to deceive. I am sorry, O Wise One. Let me post the current RCP average and compare:

NJMJ3.png

EdEUH.png

Oh... 2.4 to 1.9. Huh. Wait. Is that an increase in the margin? An increase in Obama's favor?

Oh.

Oh...

from now on, every Ohio poll needs to be weighted down to Jon Husted levels thank you very much.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
We'll see. A computer "glitch" already threw out 33k absentee ballots, won't take much more to guarantee a Romney win

This is just outright wrong; they sent the ballots, they just did it later than they were supposed to, the error was corrected over a week ago.

Even assuming you were correct, absentee ballots aren't 100% Obama ballots.

HylianTom

Banned
Okay.. I've been ice-veined throughout this whole thing, and we're so damn close.

But here I am watching the hurricane telethon, quietly hoping at the TV: "please, ladies and gents.. don't say anything political. This is a done deal!"

This is just outright wrong; they sent the ballots, they just did it later than they were supposed to, the error was correct over a week ago.

Even assuming you were correct, absentee ballots aren't 100% Obama ballots.

I'd say ballots from Cuyahoga County are probably 70% Obama, based on last year's results

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'd say ballots from Cuyahoga County are probably 70% Obama, based on last year's results

Those ballots were already sent out like a week ago.

Jon Husted doesn't have the ability to throw 33,000 votes without spending his life in a federal penitentiary. Its too many. Use your common sense.

It's crazy how Obama has an ever so slight lead in Florida when 10 days ago the state looked almost completely lost. It would be nice to have another recent poll from North Carolina.

With Obama tied or leading in every single swing state with just a few days left, it's safe to say this election is over. We're just riding on the glide path to the finish line. The ground game for Obama is strong enough that I don't see Romney being able to flip a ton of close states. Maybe one or two, but not enough to affect the overall outcome.

Even with Ohio and Wisconsin tightening up, every other swing state is moving in Obama's direction. That's a national trend and Romney isn't going to be able to stop that over the weekend.

Congratulations on reelection Barrack Hussein Obama.

Maybe if Romney didn't apply the principle of Polygamy to his political views, he might would have had a better chance.

What do you even do at a rally? Why does anyone go?

You go for the free Kid Rock concert.

Seriously people, there are literally hundreds of thousands of people that voted for McCain within 30 minutes of this rally in SW Ohio. And the state still went for Obama. Chill the fuck out.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I hope we know the 6th.

I don't want some voting machine shit or something to drag out the results for a month or so like 2004. (2008 also?)

What do you even do at a rally? Why does anyone go?

I saw Obama in 2008 I just wanted to say I'd seen them both. It was really boring and nothing really that interesting besides the fact that It made me feel awesome that so many people supported the same man I did.

I hope we know the 6th.

I don't want some voting machine shit or something to drag out the results for a month or so like 2008.

We'll know on the 6th. It might not be "official" but we'll know

Angry Grimace

I hope we know the 6th.

I don't want some voting machine shit or something to drag out the results for a month like 2008.

I'm hoping Nate's probabilities actually hold up and make Virginia will just go blue, at which point practically nothing else will matter.

bananas

Banned
Virginia now leaning Obama on Sam Wang's map. NC and FL are tossups.

Obama leads slightly with 1% in VA,
Obama has narrow lead of 0.5% in FL,
Romney has narrow lead of 0.5% in NC.

AJpJJ.png

wBwoc.png

I hope we know the 6th.

I don't want some voting machine shit or something to drag out the results for a month like 2008.

I didn't even realize it was dragged out last time. They called it for Obama and that was it IMO.
Also, of course there will be SOME reason to try and drag it out, some people have too much emotionally invested.

edit: Wow, where did they find an Apple IIe to make that map on?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I didn't even realize it was dragged out last time. They called it for Obama and that was it IMO.
Also, of course there will be SOME reason to try and drag it out, some people have too much emotionally invested.

edit: Wow, where did they find an Apple IIe to make that map on?
Oh shit I meant 2004 for Bush, I'm not sure if 2008 was dragged out or not.

HylianTom

Banned
The last rally I got to go to was a Dean rally in Nov 2003, in Austin, TX. The energy there was incredible.
(edit: got my day wrong)(it was pre-scream!)

HylianTom

Banned

Angry Grimace

Is this PD thing about Romney getting credit for 35k Obama votes real or did he just make that up?

He's trolling to try and scare people because he either wants to keep his hopes down or he wants to scare people who don't religiously follow polling data. What he's saying is that the Secretary of State in OH "rejected" a bunch of absentee ballots last week, but in reality they sent them, they just sent them like a week later than the other ones.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/11/01/glitch-held-up-absentee-ballots.html

Husted is not going to throw 33K ballots out. That's enough to get him removed from office and arrested for election fraud.

Paches

He's trolling to try and scare people because he either wants to keep his hopes down or he wants to scare people who don't religiously follow polling data. What he's saying is that the Secretary of State in OH "rejected" a bunch of absentee ballots last week, but in reality they sent them, they just sent them like a week later than the other ones.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/11/01/glitch-held-up-absentee-ballots.html

Husted is not going to throw 33K ballots out. That's enough to get him removed from office and arrested for election fraud.

Ah, okay. So Obama is going to lose Ohio now, got it.

gcubed

Just goes to show how powerful Husted really is.
(and BTW - I've always adored your avatar)

yup, Husted actually causes negative votes in Ohio for Obama, Romney wins 4,123,257 to -2,143,109, an over 6 million vote gap.

In all seriousness. PD as GAF's shittiest prognosticator continues unimpeded with Warren likely winning MA as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom