• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
What's everybody drinking on tuesday?'

I'm thinking of splurging and getting some quality stuff for a good night. Recommendations?

I don't get a Tuesday at all. I am flying to Japan, so I skip Tuesday and just have Wednesday. But I have a bottle of Don Julio 70 I plan on pounding no matter which way it goes.

HylianTom

Banned
What's everybody drinking on tuesday?'

I'm thinking of splurging and getting some quality stuff for a good night. Recommendations?

Jerri3.jpg
Hmm.. a hot load of mescaline crumbled into a tumbler of ether with a float of Percocet jimmies!
Just kidding. But I do wonder if I have any leftover percs? It's been a while..

No alcohol for me. Despite the whole half-Irish/half-Cajun thing, one or two drinks will knock me out. I've never been a big party animal.

HylianTom

Banned
Non-alcohol?
I'll be going with Barqs Root Beer. Mmm. It's got bite!
(and maybe a Red Bull or two)

Dessert!
Tiramisu. Bluebell butter nut crunch ice cream.

Not decided on dinner yet.

Is there a unique alcohol from africa or something? I might be watching with some republicans. I'm guaranteed the tears but I kinda want to rub it in.

Lol Nate is so nerdy I love it.

Maddow with the Bruce shoutout <3

Chichikov

I know what I'm doing when i-502 passes.
I'm pretty sure the puff of smoke that is going to rise from Seattle at that moment is going to be visible from space.

NoRéN

First time in here. Go easy on me.

I figured posting in here would be better than making a thread but I was wondering about people's experiences with voting guides.

See, we got one last week. I've seen them before but this was the first time my girlfriend ever saw one. It was in our mailbox, a voter's guide outlining what propositions people should vote for. It didn't give the pros and cons. Instead, it relied on fear-mongering. It detailed the horrible things that would happen if those propositions passed.

So, anyone here have any experiences getting these? What did they say?

Feel free to ask any questions as well.

NoRéN;43907035 said:

I figured posting in here would be better than making a thread but I was wondering about people's experiences with voting guides.

See, we got one last week. I've seen them before but this was the first time my girlfriend ever saw one. It was in our mailbox, a voter's guide outlining what propositions people should vote for. It didn't give the pros and cons. Instead, it relied on fear-mongering. It detailed the horrible things that would happen if those propositions passed.

What state?

Dammit. Stole my joke.

@ppppolls: Democrat Chris Murphy is likely to be the new Senator from Connecticut. Our final poll finds him leading Linda McMahon 52-43

I consider this a dem pick up, even though Murphy will be replacing a "democrat" in Lieberman. Perhaps the best thing about this election is just how much the democrat senate will be upgraded to a more liberal caucus.

NoRéN;43907035 said:

I'd be super leery of voter guides from organizations you don't know or haven't worked with/interacted with in the past.

Ondore

Canada-GAFfer here:

So glad a lot of you are doing the GOTV work. I worked as a poll clerk at my city's election a couple of weeks ago and it was depressing that I was able to finish two books in the 11 hour voting period.

And watching this thread for the last few weeks at work, I'm so glad that things are settling down the way they are (rape guys/McMahon/Brown going down is icing), and I look forward to partaking in some hopium Tuesday night.

Chichikov

NoRéN;43907035 said:

Well, try to read carefully and form an opinion.
You can search information online, but watch the source - well known old media outlets are you best option.

If you have question about a specific ballot measure, post it here (you can just list your district, they're all available online) and I'm sure pollgaf will shower you with enough communist propaganda that you'll write in Friedrich Engels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom