• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Everyone thinks Obama has this in the bag, so no Dems will show up to vote because they think it's a done deal already.

/chickenlittle

Measley

Well, I managed to get about 6 minutes into the latest episode of Hannity before having to switch channels. Wanted to see just how far right the far right spin was. Wow, off the deep end.

Like some others here have suggested, his meltdown will be the most epic and tears most sweet on the back of an Obama win.

Actually, I think Glenn Beck's will be the worst. Dude was acting like God will abandon the U.S. if Obama gets re-elected.

But honestly, I won't be tuning in to hear the hosts talk. I'll be tuning in to hear those racist, superstitious listeners call in and proclaim that America is dead.

Actually, I think Glenn Beck's will be the worst. Dude was acting like God will abandon the U.S. if Obama gets re-elected.

But honestly, I won't be tuning in to hear the hosts talk. I'll be tuning in to hear those racist, superstitious listeners call in and proclaim that America is dead.

Glenn Beck is a troll, who's personally admitted to only doing it for the money. It's just an act.

Limbaugh is half-troll/half-serious. He does blend it well enough where even I can't tell the difference at times.

Hannity, on the other hand, is 100 percent dead fucking serious, as well as the anchors on Fox and Friends. His tears will be delicious.

In fact, I'd say that at least half of all the reporters on Fox are trolling for the lulz. Is it still despicable? Fuck yeah. But people have done far more deplorable things for money, so....*shrug*

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Remember that time people got all worked up when I pointed out that WaPo was shilling for Obama? I do. The Post is dominated by conservatives, they said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...428-11e2-9313-3c7f59038d93_story.html?hpid=z2

lol k guys

You seem to think that conservative should not be allowed to criticize other conservatives. There is something incredibly wrong with that view, but I guess it's in line with the GOP mob mentality as of late.

also, cherry picking articles doesn't prove shit.

You seem to think that conservative should not be allowed to criticize other conservatives. There is something incredibly wrong with that view, but I guess it's in line with the GOP mob mentality as of late.
As of late? Republicans have been going further and further down that path ever since Lord Reagan added an 11th commandment. Republicans find it very taboo to speak ill of another Republican.

Glenn Beck is a troll, who's personally admitted to only doing it for the money. It's just an act.

Limbaugh is half-troll/half-serious. He does blend it well enough where even I can't tell the difference at times.

Hannity, on the other hand, is 100 percent dead fucking serious, as well as the anchors on Fox and Friends. His tears will be delicious.

In fact, I'd say that at least half of all the reporters on Fox are trolling for the lulz. Is it still despicable? Fuck yeah. But people have done far more deplorable things for money, so....*shrug*

Yup, just reboot new vitriol for 4 more years. Fox, Rush, Beck, Hannity - they all benefit from the election either way, just like CNN, MSNBC, etc. As long as you tune in for bitter tears - they are actually extremely happy.

Amir0x

Banned
ah it's always nice to have a visit from Bulbo to give us the hard truths. PoliGAF is like a echo chamber so sometimes you have to face the reality of the world.

Amir0x

Banned
Also:

TheOfficialWhoLeakedThis said:
“He’d be great anywhere there are ordinary white men,” the official said. “They would have loved him because here’s this straight-talking, hard-charging, in-your-face guy, and he’s a man’s man. Ohio is the only battleground state where Mitt has a net negative gender gap — where his approval among men doesn’t outweigh the president’s approval among women. Chris Christie changes that.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83254.html#ixzz2BA8T9fnY

This actually sounds like the start of excuses for losing Ohio. They are reading the tea leaves now!

Cheebo

Banned
Can you imagine if Christie ran like he thought about initially and Sandy happened a week before the election in his home state?

Insane.

Christie was Romney's first choice for VP

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83254.html?hp=t1

Imagine how different last week would have been if that had been the case!

So now, two GOP candidates in a row have gone against their instincts and ended up regretting it.

(McCain/Lieberman still would have lost, but it would have been a fascinating election experiment.)

Paul Ryan was a completely worthless pick that has brought the Romney ticket less than nothing.

I can actually sort of understand Romney's reluctance to pick a running mate that vastly out classes him in terms of likability and charisma. Of course picking Ryan was such a pointless alternative.

Clevinger

Sam has put Florida to Lean Obama :eek:

f13IZ.png

Ahem.

As of November 3, 8:03AM EDT:
Obama: 323
Romney: 215
Meta-margin: Obama +3.02%

djaf5.jpg

1ChJu.jpg

NV Obama +4%
NH Obama +3%
IA Obama +3%
OH Obama +3%
VA Obama +2%
WI Obama +5%
PA Obama +5%
CO Obama +1%
FL Obama +1%
OR Obama +6%
MI Obama +6%

NC Romney +0.5%
MN Obama +7%

Obama now leads every state by at least 1%, including Florida, except for NC which Romney leads by 0.5% and is considered a tossup.

That is all.

Sorry, I have to wait until Monday for Rush to explain this to me.

Cheebo

Banned
The most under-reported story of these final few days is how fantastic and loyal Bill Clinton has been. In the final 2 weeks of the election he will have done 48 rallies for Obama across all the swing states, 3-4 rallies a day on average.

thefro

Nate sez that unless the state polls are all wrong, Obama is gonna win

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...olls-must-be-statistically-biased/#more-37099

Nate Silver said:
My argument, rather, is this: we’ve about reached the point where if Mr. Romney wins, it can only be because the polls have been biased against him. Almost all of the chance that Mr. Romney has in the FiveThirtyEight forecast, about 16 percent to win the Electoral College, reflects this possibility.

Yes, of course: most of the arguments that the polls are necessarily biased against Mr. Romney reflect little more than wishful thinking.

Nevertheless, these arguments are potentially more intellectually coherent than the ones that propose that the race is “too close to call.” It isn’t. If the state polls are right, then Mr. Obama will win the Electoral College. If you can’t acknowledge that after a day when Mr. Obama leads 19 out of 20 swing-state polls, then you should abandon the pretense that your goal is to inform rather than entertain the public.

But the state polls may not be right. They could be biased. Based on the historical reliability of polls, we put the chance that they will be biased enough to elect Mr. Romney at 16 percent.

Cheebo

Banned
I wonder, if Nate is basically right what do liberals do if he shows in 2016 a consistent lead for Rubio or whomever is the GOP nominee. Will liberals go into denial about Silver?

I wonder, if Nate is basically right what do liberals do if he shows in 2016 a consistent lead for Rubio or whomever is the GOP nominee. Will liberals go into denial about Silver?
I'll expect some will (stupidly) think he's "betraying" them, but the smarter thing to do would be to take the analysis and determine which state needs more attention and GOTV efforts.

Clevinger

He showed Democrats losing horribly in 2010, and liberals seemed to take it much better than conservatives this year. I think they'll mostly believe him, with a dumb minority going "DUR YOUR IN THE TANK FOR RUBUMMER".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom