• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

syllogism

Rove says Sandy was a real October surprise and while he still "thinks" (wishes) Romney will win, it will be a closer 1-2 point race. A few days ago he said Romney would win by 3

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rove says Sandy was a real October surprise and while he still "thinks" (wishes) Romney will win, it will be a closer 1-2 point race. A few days ago he said Romney would win by 3

They're all looking at the storm as some kind of gamechanging freak anomaly, oddly enough. Just goes to show that people wouldn't trust Romnoid in a crisis situation.

37rn_header_sm.jpg
Nixon was a brilliant, master politician though. Romney is no Nixon

I literally can't find a single poll of WI-1. Apparently nobody has the time to poll the House right now.
You would think that it would make for a good news headline though.
They're all looking at the storm as some kind of gamechanging freak anomaly, oddly enough. Just goes to show that people wouldn't trust Romnoid in a crisis situation.
It's a pathetic narrative. Everyone saw the needle changing before the storm. Can't believe the media is running with the idea that the storm changed things.

gcubed

You would think that it would make for a good news headline though.

It's a pathetic narrative. Everyone saw the needle changing before the storm. Can't believe the media is running with the idea that the storm changed things.

Obamamentum was happening before the storm, the storm just guaranteed that it wasn't going to stop by basically relegating Romney to "isn't he cute" status

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

They're looking at Sandy as a convenient excuse in case they lose. They wanted to harp on the GOP strategy of repeatedly claiming they were winning, but also keep their reputations. It's just hedging their bets.

They're looking at Sandy as a convenient excuse in case they lose. They wanted to harp on the GOP strategy of repeatedly claiming they were winning, but also keep their reputations. It's just hedging their bets.

I know. They're all bristling about "photo ops". Rush was trying to say that Bush didn't visit Katrina cuz he didn't want to obstruct aid efforts, and that Obama was just showboating and fucking up traffic in Jersey. LOL

Trurl

Banned
More than a few will. Look him up on DailyKos and you'll see plenty of diary post that boil down to "gotv is more important than Nate's model, lets do this!" The posts are more to combat complacency but it'a not hard to see that argument being used by multiple old school liberals if Nate showed a dem down.

That argument doesn't discredit Nate and is largely the correct reaction. If people start giving up just because Nate Silver has them down then we'll have to ask ourselves if these aggregators are actually in the public interest.

Kusagari

Good lord FL is really messed up. Scott cutting voting day in half, problems all over polling stations, people printing ballots wrong. =\

Scott is really the worst of the worst. Say what you want about Crist, but he personally went and saw the voting lines in 08 and extended the hours.

Scott? Shut that shit down!

entremet

He's an atheist muslim.

The worst kind of atheist.

I have some good conservative Christian friends, who constantly say that Obama is at war with Christianity. I like them too much to argue, but I've always found it funny that the cycle of Christians calling out others as fake Christian never ends.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I had to Google her.. a young atheist woman who's a Republican? How fucking stupid can you be?

"On July 5, 2012, Cupp said on The Cycle that she "would never vote for an atheist president." When asked to explain, Cupp said she felt that a president must not represent only 10 to 15 percent of the American populace and that faith served as a "check" on presidential power."

Wtf? You wouldn't vote for a president who represents YOU? Wow.

It's the second part of the quote that's most disconcerting. Few types of people are more willing to flout the normal political processes enshrined in the rules than those who think they have a direct conduit to god. That is not true of all theists, but some. Only congressional and public oversight can serve as a useful check.

Angry Grimace

I know. They're all bristling about "photo ops". Rush was trying to say that Bush didn't visit Katrina cuz he didn't want to obstruct aid efforts, and that Obama was just showboating and fucking up traffic in Jersey. LOL

Hannity said that Sandy was "Obama's Katrina," despite the fact that the statement implies Bush's Katrina was an epic bungling, which he did not claim at the time.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
If Ryan loses in 2012 as VP he's as cooked politically as Romney would be.

As for Jeb, the entire Bush name has practically been stricken from the record due to how unfavorably people look back on his administration.

They'll have to wait for Jeb's son to make his way up the chain. In 16 or 20 years, he might be primed for national office without too many people hung up on his last name.

He's got everything the GOP could ever hope for in a candidate: Educated, Military Service, Half Latino, Attractive, Political Aspirations.

Scott is really the worst of the worst. Say what you want about Crist, but he personally went and saw the voting lines in 08 and extended the hours.

Scott? Shut that shit down!

Republicans blamed Crist for losing FL in 08 due to extending the voting hours. Jeb Bush extended hours, but this time, Scott wasn't going to make the same mistake his predecessors did.

Obamamentum was happening before the storm, the storm just guaranteed that it wasn't going to stop by basically relegating Romney to "isn't he cute" status
That is true. It was nowhere near a real gamechanger however. I feel like that's what people are trying to make it look like right now.
Republicans blamed Crist for losing FL in 08 due to extending the voting hours. Jeb Bush extended hours, but this time, Scott wasn't going to make the same mistake his predecessors did.
So fucking sad that these people are basically saying it's a bad thing when more people have the opportunity to vote, just because their side loses when the vote is more representative. Fuck democracy I got mine!

Angry Grimace

Yeah, these last second flurry-punches have been entertaining. Monday should be even more frothing.

As I said, right-wing radio sounded practically schizophrenic trying to start up a story - just rapid fire SandyBenghaziRomneyAlreadyWinningSandyBenghaziRomneyAlreadyWinningSandyBenghaziRomneyAlreadyWinningSandyBenghaziRomneyAlreadyWinningSandyBenghaziRomneyAlreadyWinning

I'm enjoying all the false narrative that it's going to be a close race. People will use any excuse not to vote and I want them out and casting.

Also, I'm going to be just firing shots at all the religious people I know, telling them Romney would have won without Sandy and it's clearly God's doing.

Angry Grimace

I'm enjoying all the false narrative that it's going to be a close race. People will use any excuse not to vote and I want them out and casting.

Also, I'm going to be just firing shots at all the religious people I know, telling them Romney would have won without Sandy and it's clearly God's doing.

It IS going to be a close race. Even Silver says that with a poll sample size of 17000, even if unbiased, the MOE is still like 1.5% and Obama's lead in OH polls is hovering around 2-3. Add in the Husted factor and its really close.

They have to, though. Otherwise the notion of Obama winning comfortably would run up against the last whole month of "wisdom" and "analysis" they've been imparting. Afterall, Romney has the momentum and Nate Silver is wrong. Thus, only a unpredictable Hurricane could possibly change the course of the race.

They have to, though. Otherwise the notion of Obama winning comfortably would run up against the last whole month of "wisdom" and "analysis" they've been imparting. Afterall, Romney has the momentum and Nate Silver is wrong. Thus, only a unpredictable Hurricane could possibly change the course of the race.

DOES THIS MEAN THAT GOD SUPPORTS OBAMA?

They have to, though. Otherwise the notion of Obama winning comfortably would run up against the last whole month of "wisdom" and "analysis" they've been imparting. Afterall, Romney has the momentum and Nate Silver is wrong. Thus, only a unpredictable Hurricane could possibly change the course of the race therefore absolving them of having to an about face.

Interestingly, Rush used the same argument yesterday, saying that if (when, according to him) Obama loses, the Dem party will have to reinvent themselves cuz their "wisdom" and "analysis" didn't fly with the people. But yeah, the pretzel twisting is extreme.

If Hillary decides to run, she'll win. No matter whom the GOP chooses.

I already got my prediction in for 2024:

Castro vs. Altered Beast. (Meteoric political rise after winning city council seat as an independent. Rejoins Republican Party and forms BEAST movement that destroys the Tea Party. Then wins election as a young plucky senator from Nebraska.)

It IS going to be a close race. Even Silver says that with a poll sample size of 17000, even if unbiased, the MOE is still like 1.5% and Obama's lead in OH polls is hovering around 2-3. Add in the Husted factor and its really close.
And yet GAF says Ohio is in the bag for Obama.

Romney has a double digit lead among those who haven't voted early

Brinbe

Bams up in Ohio now. And just saw that he and Bill are holding a rally together in VA tonight? That should be good viewing. =)

Amir0x

Banned
but that's not how polls aggregation works because you do not look at one individual poll, you look at dozens, and if they all tell the same story then the likelihood that this is not the case goes down dramatically. Statistically speaking the odds of dozens of polls being wrong is astronomically low, unless something is severely wrong across the board with polling standards, which is also incredibly unlikely.

First and only time I respond to a PhoenixDark troll, but I thought others might need to hear it.

Angry Grimace

And yet GAF says Ohio is in the bag for Obama.

Romney has a double digit lead among those who haven't voted early

You should pass this information along to Nate Silver this will change everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom