• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trurl

Banned
Gulliani called into Fox just now. Hammering Obama on Sandy response and comparing it to Katrina. Saying Obama went right back to campaigning while people are suffering. Falsely saying there's no FEMA response etc. Just desperate

Did he lose all of his shame in 2008? Why is is he willing to sink so low? Maybe a Republican in the White House is the only way he ever sees himself being in a position of power again.

Tim-E

Did he lose all of his shame in 2008? Why is is he willing to sink so low? Maybe a Republican in the White House is the only way he ever sees himself being in a position of power again.

Dude's probably still bitter toward Biden for ruining his career.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
2016 will be interesting for the Dems.

Hillary would obviously be the frontrunner, should she choose to run, but I have a feeling Andrew Cuomo might consider a 2016 run, and he could give her a really good challenge.
Cuomo might make a tempting candidate, but I think there will be immense pressure to vote for Clinton, because few Democrats want to see her upset twice.

On another note, PPP might be my favorite polling firm. I love their subversive sense of humor.

He took a giant dump on Romney in 2008, saying he had no core. I understand he wants Romney to win because he's a republican, but it's odd that he would attack Obama so hard on the hurricane.

As with every issue I'd imagine once it gets politicized Obama's numbers will go down, people will keep suffering, republicans will grand stand on providing aid, etc. I just hope Chris Christie is willing to take on his own party here. This is his city, and whatever you think of him it's clear he wants to fix it. But will he go to bat for Obama when the actual battle begins, assuming of course Obama wins the election.

DMczaf

No big rallies this time around though :(

ioc8C9lCagXOT.gif

Democrats are fucked if cuomo gets the nomination. He doesn't need be anywhere near the whitehouse.

Word. I think the NY media will bring him down, though. You already get the sense they're just waiting for his announcement so they can spring into action with they're bottled up news.

I like Cuomo, but I doubt I'd support anyone over Hillary if she ran.

If it came down to Hillary or Biden, I'd choose Hillary if only for the fact that I think she has a better chance of winning. If it came down to her or Sherrod Brown, though, I'd choose Brown. He'd have Ohio locked down.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My hopium levels dropped a bit. I just found out about http://baseballcrank.com/

He's basically making the unskewedpolls.com argument, but he sounds a whole lot more convincing when he does it.

Ugh.

It's just unskewed except making the baseless theory that independents like Romney. The numbers that fill out the 100% of total votes aren't all Romney votes by any stretch of the imagination nor are they for Obama either. There are still people that vote Green or whatever.

Puddles

Banned
Can anyone link to a good counter to the "Romney is winning independents, polls are assuming the 2008 electorate; mathematically Romney must win" argument?

HylianTom

Banned
I love the idea that we get a two-for-one with Hillary. That's another biiig part of why I think she'd be formidable to win in the general election; people remember the Clinton years as a wonderful time when the worst thing you had to worry about was inappropriate intern-cigar relations.

You can tell that he still relishes his role as "Secretary of Explaining Things." :)

Can anyone link to a good counter to the "Romney is winning independents, polls are assuming the 2008 electorate; mathematically Romney must win" argument?
You'll only get "lol puddles" responses. Dems will outvote republicans but not by enough to save Obama in every state. Romney is not just winning the independent vote, he's crushing the Election Day vote. It won't be enough for Romney to win Nevada or Iowa but Ohio, Florida, and Virginia look good for him

pigeon

Banned

ibpiMtqzM2u7Er.gif

(I've already provided responses to both those points in this thread this week. Look back.)

Cloudy

Banned

- Kerry won "independents" and lost in 2004
- Party ID fluctuates and most polls just sample the electorate w/o weighing for ID

HylianTom

Banned
You'll only get "lol puddles" responses. Dems will outvote republicans but not by enough to save Obama in every state. Romney is not just winning the independent vote, he's crushing the Election Day vote. It won't be enough for Romney to win Nevada or Iowa but Ohio, Florida, and Virginia look good for him

Laughter is the appropriate response when people say asinine things. Not only was it appropriate for the VP debate when Biden smiled and laughed at Ryan's silliness, but it's also appropriate when addressing the conjured-up fear du jour expressed by the lily-livered folks in here.

(I seldom address the trolling, but goddamn is this shit getting tiresome.)

Grove Insight:
Iowa: 47-44 O
Ohio: 49- 45 O

Ipsos/Reuters:
National: 47-46 O
Shucks. Too bad about those independent voters.

Zeth

Wow @ fivethirtyeight forecast up to 83.7 for election day and 85.7 for today. Silver makes a good point about the media's attempted "fairness" in continuing to call the election a toss-up.

Republicans love to identify themselves as independents because it makes them feel like they represent the same, levelheaded middle that has all the right answers yet always votes for extreme right wing idiots, what else is new.

pigeon

Banned
Grove Insight:
Iowa: 47-44 O
Ohio: 49- 45 O

Ipsos/Reuters:
National: 47-46 O

Grove is a cell-phone-including pollster whose polls may be just slightly blue-tinged; they showed +6 in Nevada while others were showing +4, but Mellman also showed +6, and they're one of the polls to show Obama leading in Florida in the last couple weeks. That represents a +1 for Obama in Ohio since the 29th; they haven't been to Iowa before. Overall I think these more or less match up with the 538 averages. Maybe Iowa was a little tighter than we'd like.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Grove is a cell-phone-including pollster whose polls may be just slightly blue-tinged; they showed +6 in Nevada while others were showing +4, but Mellman also showed +6, and they're one of the polls to show Obama leading in Florida in the last couple weeks. That represents a +1 for Obama in Ohio since the 29th; they haven't been to Iowa before. Overall I think these more or less match up with the 538 averages. Maybe Iowa was a little tighter than we'd like.

Blue tinged in general or just because they call cell-phones? That sort of blue-tinge doesn't seem unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom