• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized if the CBO is right and Obama is re-elected, he may "create" 17 million jobs. Maybe even 20 million, which would put him near Clinton's 23 million. That plus health care (and Bin Laden) would automatically make him quite a pivotal president, historically.
Not even Hillary could have done what Obama did. She better be thankful that due to his greatness she even has a shot in 2016.

I hope Mr. Drudge can rise above being a right wing linkspam bot and actually contribute to the discussion. Poligaf is not some dumb Hannity forum.

apana

Not even Hillary could have done what Obama did. She better be thankful that due to his greatness she even has a shot in 2016.

Why not? Anyways she had an even better chance in 2008 and he took that away from her, I doubt she will be thankful. Besides Bill Clinton has clearly been the MVP of this election.

HylianTom

Banned
Random thought:

One reason I'm ready for Election Day? I want some sleep, but PoliGAF keeps me occupied for more than 20 hours a day.

I'm a PoliGAF addict.

I woke-up on Friday, for instance, at 0801, and immediately began to scream, "Job numbers! Job numbers!" Furiously, I turned-on the iPad and opened the browser - which is always left on this thread - to see if they were good or not. Relief.

I browse PoliGAF all day at work. And when I get home, until bedtime. Then, I try to go to sleep at least three or four times before finally succeeding. I'll lay there, wondering about the map, where the candidates are that day, the latest Ohio numbers, etc. This goes on until I get stuck on something; then I'll sit up, go back to PoliGAF and the 270 app, and before I know it... another two hours have gone by, and I'm thinking, "hmm. Looks like I'll be working on four hours of sleep today."

I'm going to sleep so damn well on November 8th.

48 hours until Dixville Notch.
Happiness_img_1.jpg

Random thought:

One reason I'm ready for Election Day? I want some sleep, but PoliGAF keeps me occupied for more than 20 hours a day.

I'm a PoliGAF addict.

I woke-up on Friday, for instance, at 0801, and immediately began to scream, "Job numbers! Job numbers!" Furiously, I turned-on the iPad and opened the browser - which is always left on this thread - to see if they were good or not. Relief.

I browse PoliGAF all day at work. And when I get home, until bedtime. Then, I try to go to sleep at least three or four times before finally succeeding. I'll lay there, wondering about the map, where the candidates are that day, the latest Ohio numbers, etc. This goes on until I get stuck on something; then I'll sit up, go back to PoliGAF and the 270 app, and before I know it... another two hours have gone by, and I'm thinking, "hmm. Looks like I'll be working on four hours of sleep today."

Happiness_img_1.jpg

Your day sounds eerily similar to mine (minus the work, currently not working for various reasons). I wish I could quit you, PoliGAF.

bananas

Banned
Random thought:

I'm a PoliGAF addict.

Happiness_img_1.jpg
QXTRM.jpg

ivysaur12

Banned
Random thought:

I'm a PoliGAF addict.

Happiness_img_1.jpg

Sounds exactly like my day. I had a job interview last week, but it was a breeze. I've never been less nervous because it seems so paltry compared to PoliGAF.

Cloudy

Banned
Sam Stein ‏@samsteinhp

"The final Dispatch Poll shows Obama leading 50 percent to 48 percent in the Buckeye State." http://bit.ly/QeKFcZ

One key to Obama’s lead: He is winning by more than 2-to-1 among the 11 percent of Ohio voters who say they didn’t cast a ballot in the 2010 governor’s race, which Republican John Kasich won by 2points.

Obama leads by 15 points among the 40 percent-plus of voters who say they have or will cast an early ballot. Romney leads by 11 points with those who plan to vote on Election Day. Through Friday, more than 1.6 million Ohioans had cast an early ballot.

ZeroRay

My veins haven't been this icy in ages.

Gonna vote as soon the polls open on election day!

Maybe I'll even stick around after all this is over and you know, discuss politics.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
So looking downticket at the rest of ballot for me on Tuesday, I just realized there seems to be a pretty shitty decision to make for PA senate between Bob Casey and Tom Smith. Casey cosponsored SOPA while Smith seems to be a standard tea party Rape-ublican. The only other option is a libertarian candidate, Rayburn Smith, who I know absolutely nothing about.

Anyone else in this position? What are you doing with this one?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Election is right around the corner! Can't wait for my Stein vote to matter!

On another note, my vote in the senate and house elections actually COULD matter! So this is what it feels like to be an important voter.

I shit you not, during one break of the Husker game, there were 4 straight political ads on TV. 3 Pro-Kerry, 1 Pro-John Ewing.

If the Dems lose those contests, I never want to hear another word about outside money determining "local" races.

Still don't know who I am voting for in many of my local elections, outside of the stud I am voting for on my city council.

RDreamer

Election is right around the corner! Can't wait for my Stein vote to matter!

Are you really voting for Stein?

Right?

Every other election, I've walked in on Election Day.

Yeah, same here. I mean I like the event and seeing everyone out, but we were out and about the other day and just thought why not. I also think of it as showing my support for the whole system of the ability to vote early.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gonna get that first dose of election methadone in a while tomorrow when Gallup comes back with some insane +Romney figure =(

I wish Minnesota had early voting. Still dont get why election day isnt a national holiday

Who gets the day off on holidays again?

Cloudy

Banned
So looking downticket at the rest of ballot for me on Tuesday, I just realized there seems to be a pretty shitty decision to make for PA senate between Bob Casey and Tom Smith. Casey cosponsored SOPA while Smith seems to be a standard tea party Rape-ublican. The only other option is a libertarian candidate, Rayburn Smith, who I know absolutely nothing about.

Anyone else in this position? What are you doing with this one?

If you're voting Obama, why wouldn't you vote for a Dem that can help him get things done? Google, Facebook and co. will never let it pass and I doubt Obama would sign it under pressure even if it did because the leaders of those companies have his ear plus his supporters would throw a fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom