• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

Or it's the Ramada logo recolored:

6K8s1.png

Nah. It's Aquafresh logo.

Minnesota amendments going down would make me happy as a clam. The Republicans are probably going to lose their legislative majorities this election, letting Dayton do what he wants (passing a decent budget and single-payer, for starters), and they'll have nothing to show for their two years of power.

That's what you get for debating the sanctity of marriage while playing grab-ass on the side you hypocritical bastards.

It's the same poll. edit: No it's not. What the fuck? Two polls in the same three days that have wildly different results and they don't even think to question if something is wrong?

Which two polls? Two different pollsters
with significant GOP leanings
showing bad results for Obama on two consecutive days.

Piecake

Speaking of Jill Stein and third parties, do you think getting rid of the electoral college would hurt third parties? People in California, New York or the Deep South can vote third party and still have their second choice get their states votes. Couldnt really do that if we went straight to a popular vote

Well, its a bit of a weird discussion anyways since the EC isnt going anywhere and 3rd parties are insiginificant right now anyways. Only way I see that changing is if we went to a parlimentary system

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
You silly liberal you :p

What ways specifically does she appeal to you?

Feels refreshing. :p

Stuff we agree on:

Wars = bad, even the ones involving secretive drone programs that only further enrage the citizens of countries we target, fomenting new hatred and distrust down the line.

drugs = bad, but not illegal. Drugs should be decriminalized and instead, users should be offered free treatment instead of jail time, unless their drug actions cause physical, mental, or property harm to others.

Not enough stimulus was given out, while the big banks and wall street should not have been rewarded for reckless/illegal behavior. Anti-austerity.

Anti-prison and military industrial complex.

Right to free schooling kindergarten through college.

Anti-Fracking which will probably end up causing the next great environmental crisis, in my opinion.

Pro-Medicare for all.

My only problems with her are unfortunately for me are her positions on abortion. But, since I am smart enough to know that the GOP is too chickenshit to get any real anti-abortion reform put through when they are in office, this doesn't really factor into my voting. If I knew Romney was guaranteed to ban abortions in all cases except life of mother or rape/incest, even he would get my vote, but i know it is a pipe dream.

Basically, it is a travesty that she will get less than 1% of the votes this election.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Speaking of Jill Stein and third parties, do you think getting rid of the electoral college would hurt third parties? People in California, New York or the Deep South can vote third party and still have their second choice get their states votes. Couldnt really do that if we went straight to a popular vote

Well, its a bit of a weird discussion anyways since the EC isnt going anywhere and 3rd parties are insiginificant right now anyways. Only way I see that changing is if we went to a parlimentary system
Abolishing the electoral college would only come logically alongside a move away from FPTP in general (and we should do both :D)

I have to admit, I'm gonna miss the daily polls and their fallout/hopium reactions.

One way or the other, either Obama or Romney, this thread's excitement is gonna end in 72 hours.

72 hours from now, we will likely know who won and by how many EV and then this party of fanfics, fallouts and faux concern/overreaction will settle back into just being the PoliGAF thread (with one "L")

:(

Part of me is really sad over this but it's been a pleasure sharing this part of my existence with you crazy kids.

:)

ivysaur12

Banned
I have to admit, I'm gonna miss the daily polls and their fallout/hopium reactions.

One way or the other, either Obama or Romney, this thread's excitement is gonna end in 72 hours.

72 hours from now, we will likely know who won and by how many EV and then this party of fanfics, fallouts and faux concern/overreaction will settle back into just being the PoliGAF thread (with one "L")

:(

Part of me is really sad over this but it's been a pleasure sharing this part of my existence with you crazy kids.

:)

I know. It's been a really weird, intense shared experience. Now to share our Hopium supply with the rest of the OT...

The Susquehanna poll is new today. Last night was a reposting of the poll from a few weeks. ago. Some numbers, same internals, same sample size. They were updating the site and someone jumped the gun and started reporting that it was +4 again.

The new poll is the one they released now which showed it tied 47-47.

Is Susquehanna is showing a tie, Romney has no chance in Pa.

RDreamer

Feels refreshing. :p

Stuff we agree on:

Wars = bad, even the ones involving secretive drone programs that only further enrage the citizens of countries we target, fomenting new hatred and distrust down the line.

drugs = bad, but not illegal. Drugs should be decriminalized and instead, users should be offered free treatment instead of jail time, unless their drug actions cause physical, mental, or property harm to others.

Not enough stimulus was given out, while the big banks and wall street should not have been rewarded for reckless/illegal behavior. Anti-austerity.

Anti-prison and military industrial complex.

Right to free schooling kindergarten through college.

Anti-Fracking which will probably end up causing the next great environmental crisis, in my opinion.

Pro-Medicare for all.

My only problems with her are unfortunately for me are her positions on abortion. But, since I am smart enough to know that the GOP is too chickenshit to get any real anti-abortion reform put through when they are in office, this doesn't really factor into my voting. If I knew Romney was guaranteed to ban abortions in all cases except life of mother or rape/incest, even he would get my vote, but i know it is a pipe dream.

Basically, it is a travesty that she will get less than 1% of the votes this election.

All good stances.

If you vote for Stein you can never again call yourself any form of conservative, sane or otherwise.

Seems like he's very similar to me. I realized that I didn't abandon conservative "ideals" when I became a "liberal." I just realized that "conservatives" weren't actually living up to those ideals at all.

pigeon

Banned
The Susquehanna poll is new today. Last night was a reposting of the poll from a few weeks. ago. Some numbers, same internals, same sample size. They were updating the site and someone jumped the gun and started reporting that it was +4 again.

The new poll is the one they released now which showed it tied 47-47.

Is Susquehanna is showing a tie, Romney has no chance in Pa.

Wow, yeah, if Susquehanna is showing Obama gaining four points in Pennsylvania, I don't think there's much to talk about there.

Piecake

I don't know too much about this. What great environmental crisis will it cause?

http://www.gaslandthemovie.com/whats-fracking

Pretty sure thats the anti-fracking movie. I really havent looked into it all that much so dont have an opinion on the issue, but just based on testemonials in that vid, you can seriously fuck up the water supply if youre not careful

Not really sure if fracking can be made safe with good regulation/oversight and what not

RDreamer

Clinton doing three events in PA on monday...

Speaking of this, the Obama campaign has a lot of big surrogates going into the last days. The Romney campaign has only Romney and Ryan. They don't seem to be sending Ann on a separate way. The Obama campaign is sending Obama, Biden, Michelle, and Clinton all to different places for the most part. They can cover a lot of ground that way.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Unskew guy has done a pretty good job getting his insane logic on television.

Piecake

Mostly because I'm not convinced that Casey would actually be much, if any, help.

Well, the other two options that you have seem like a bunch of nutjobs, so its either the SOPA democrat or not voting at all. Personally, id vote for the democrat since he'd fall in line with the pres on most issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom