• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I did not have much conversation with any of my neighbors until that incident with her. I wasn't forced to say anything to anyone. Our building is such that we use different elevators even though our apts are next to each other.
I'd have to make 2 elevator trips to go to her unit and she would do the same.

Now, the white woman who lives above us is a total bitch who won't even say hi to us.

You'd get to stand the majority of your commute while I have to walk across two big lawns to my neighbors?

In my grandma's complex, we walk past three breezeways up a hill to see people.

RDreamer

Doesn't shit like this look really bad to independents? Any time a media outlet reports republicans angry that Christie isn't basically throwing Obama under the bus and playing politics with the storm it kind of makes their party look beyond childish.

Do you guys think the left would go this damned crazy if a local governor commended a republican president on his good work with something specific? I don't think so. I mean we'd be worried, sure... but angry? Nah...

Bowdz

We'll see. I'm still confident of a Carmona win here. We're GOTV very strong, lots of contacts yesterday & today. No one can say we're not trying.

I sincerely wish you guys the best of luck with continued GOTV. Carmona has such an incredibly impressive resume that it seems like a no brainer when compared to Flake, even in as red a state as AZ.

Black is not a deragotary term. It's less stupid than African American which assumes all
black people are Americans.

The term 'African American' irks the shit outta me. It's a way of qualifying (and separating) Blacks as American.

And yeah, while Black might not be a true derogatory term, based on the old dictionary descriptions of the word, it's hardly flattering.

Also I don't know why you're implying I am racist where I am not. I told you that I'm pro Obama already.

What the fuck does this even mean? You think there isn't a single racist voting for Obama this (or last) cycle?

Not saying that you are a racist but your qualifier for not being one is flimsy when all things are considered.

How do you guys feel about this, it sounds decent?

First, we should adopt the GOP-favored territorial tax system for profits reported in any country that taxes corporate profits...

Second, we should adopt President Obama's proposed "international minimum tax," equal to that 15 to 18 percent threshold, to minimize profit shifting. Corporations should still be allowed to claim a credit against any actual foreign taxes paid; if a corporation paid 13 percent in taxes to, say, Switzerland, it should only owe to the U.S. the difference between 13 percent and the international minimum tax rate.

http://www.brookings.edu/research/opinions/2012/06/12-foreign-profits-pozen

2016 paths for GOP to win

Chris Christie path, grab NJ electoral collage votes and attract New Hampshire type Republicans in the North East

Jeb Bush path, compassionate conservatism and an open hand to Latino voters to nab Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado and Florida.

Romney is finished and done

Chris Christie path, grab NJ electoral collage votes and attract New Hampshire type Republicans in the North East

Jeb Bush path, compassionate conservatism and an open hand to Latino voters to nab Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado and Florida

As mama already said, Romney has this in the bag per PD.

Amir0x

Banned
Obama focused on turnout, Romney on Pennsylvania

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Just two days from the finish, President Barack Obama's campaign is mobilizing a massive get-out-the-vote effort aimed at carrying the Democrat to victory, as Republican Mitt Romney makes a late play for votes in Democratic-leaning Pennsylvania.

Obama was closing out the campaign with an apparent edge in some key battleground states, including Ohio. But both campaigns were predicting wins in Tuesday's election.

The Republican ticket cast the late push into Pennsylvania as a sign that Romney had momentum and a chance to pull away states that Obama's campaign assumed it would win handily. The president's team called the move a "Hail Mary" and a sign Romney still doesn't have a clear pathway to reaching 270 Electoral College votes. Democrats have a million-voter registration advantage in Pennsylvania.

"This is a desperate ploy at the end of a campaign," said David Plouffe, a top adviser to Obama's campaign, on ABC's "This Week," arguing that Romney would have to win 2 out of 3 independents to pick up Pennsylvania. "He's not going to do that anywhere, much less Pennsylvania."

Pennsylvania is like a great snare, always wagging its ass just enough to lure in unsuspecting Republicans before springing its trap. So sad, so sad.

RDreamer

Jeb Bush path, compassionate conservatism and an open hand to Latino voters to nab Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado and Florida.

Romney is finished and done

Rick Santorum path, come from behind and cover the country. Santorum will surge, and the momentum will flood through states like a hurricane. He'll be able to take most demographics except blah people.

Unions and extreme regulations.
Expectations of a middle class life with a high school education.
So for those folks who cant afford college what type of life should they be satisfied with? Should they not have children? Should they not have a car? Should they be content with living in a studio apartment in a poor neighborhood? Should they not be able to have health care? What type of life do they deserve?

What type of regulations would you do away with?

coldfoot

Banned
And yeah, while Black might not be a true derogatory term, based on the old dictionary descriptions of the word, it's hardly flattering.
Way too much PCness. It's best to call black people black, there is no shame or racism in it.

What the fuck does this even mean? You think there isn't a single racist voting for Obama this (or last) cycle?
No it means I am aware that blacks get fucked over in this country and they don't get a fair shot most of the time. But I am not going to be overly PC and not use the word black as its the easiest and most correct term to use.

Chris Christie just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Republican culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in other countries where you can become successful by working well with others. If you praise a Democrat, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Republican party, after hearing about this, is not going to want to vote for Christie, nor will they support for any form of bipartisanship. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Christie has alienated an entire party with this move.

Governor Christie, publicly apologize and call Obama a Kenyan or you can kiss your 2016 nomination goodbye.

it had to be done

Way too much PCness. It's best to call black people black, there is no shame or racism in it.

No it means I am aware that blacks get tucked over in this country and they don't get a fair shot most of the time. But I am not going to be overly PC and not use the word black as its the easiest and most correct term to use.

How to blacks get fucked over in this country in your view?

coldfoot

Banned
So for those folks who cant afford college what type of life should they be satisfied with? Should they not have children? Should they not have a car? Should they be content with living in a studio apartment in a poor neighborhood? Should they not be able to have health care? What type of life do they deserve?

What type of regulations would you do away with?
College should be free for everyone along with healthcare, so there is no question of being able to afford it.

RDreamer

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Republican culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in other countries where you can become successful by working well with others. If you praise a Democrat, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Republican party, after hearing about this, is not going to want to vote for Christie, nor will they support for any form of bipartisanship. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Christie has alienated an entire party with this move.

Governor Christie, publicly apologize and call Obama a Kenyan or you can kiss your 2016 nomination goodbye.

it had to be done

It's kind of shameful how true this is... At least I've basically seen this exact meme made not in jest on right wing sites.

NewFresh

Obama focused on turnout, Romney on Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania is like a great snare, always wagging its ass just enough to lure in unsuspecting Republicans before springing its trap. So sad, so sad.

He will get drawn in by the over abundance of Romney lawn signs and NOBAMA bumper stickers; however, as soon as he spends his money and shakes some hands in rural and suburban PA, the cities will vote making his efforts worthless.

HylianTom

Banned
In Florida.

Orange County Early Voting Hours Extended Sunday Following Judge's Ruling

Edit: http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/romney-vs-obama-electoral-map

I always get a bit nervous when I see a light blue state even after looking at the numbers. Why is Oregon not darker though I wonder?

Oregon's always been the lightest blue of the West Coast states. I still remember Dole and Bush campaigning there until finally giving up. Thankfully, it has solidified. No reason for nerves there.

Effect

Haha. Surprised it took this long for this show up.

Edit: I wonder if to many republicans look at all the red counties and continue to forget that not a lot of people live there. The ones with high populations are blue.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

it had to be done

I'm a little shocked this wasn't the exact article...sometimes jokes hit too close to the truth

Izayoi

Banned
Hearing about wait times more than ten minutes, let alone hours... That's really depressing. It's unbelievable how rampant voter suppression already is, and the fact that it's allowed to get continually worse is really upsetting. Every state should have a system like Washington, filled out my ballot in the parking lot of my closest public library, dropped it off, drove home. The entire process (including grabbing some food to go) took no more than 15 minutes. As opposed to forcing people to line up, and then hiring people to manage the huge crowds, as well as keeping tabs on hundreds or thousands of voting machines, it seems like the far superior (and far cheaper) method. I just don't get it.

No no no...YOU have never assumed he would lose, remember?

YOU keep giving him Ohio and the win, remember?

Who cares if the article assumes he'll lose...YOU have him winning on Tuesday night, remember?

Calm down

The article clearly suggests that if Romney loses, republicans will blame Christie and possibly never forgive him. I merely stated I don't think anyone will care about Romney in four years, clearly in the event that he lost. I often discuss hypotheticals about what could happen in 2016 if Obama wins this year

No it means I am aware that blacks get tucked over in this country and they don't get a fair shot most of the time. But I am not going to be overly PC and not use the word black as its the easiest and most correct term to use.

Of the two terms, I prefer Black. We are agreed.

Where we DON'T agree however, is on your comments about how you think only people with college degrees or their own business should qualify for middle class.

I can tell you, I have neither and I'm doing just fine.

Really well, actually.

There's this thing called hard work, networking and (over time) gaining on the job, transferable work skills...

xnipx

Unions and extreme regulations.
Expectations of a middle class life with a high school education.

So only people with college educations deserve to live comfortably in this country??? Many of our parents and grandparents raises us with HS educations and provided stable middle class lives with their income and that should be available to everybody.

So it appears Talking Points is running with the story I broke on November 2 about Republicans:

Talking Points November 4:

;)

GAF -> Internet -> GAF

I'll be using Sandy as an excuse for a few weeks at least. Proof that God stepped in and prevented a Romney from winning. I'm expecting full RAGE from everyone I mention it too. It's a dick move but I'm damned sick of hearing about God stepping in to help enforce conservative doctrine.

Oh shit, the Redskins are down 11. PANIC!!!!!
The election was already decided by the Alabama win last night. Over

it had to be done

Jeb Bush wins 2016 nomination

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
We'll see. I'm still confident of a Carmona win here. We're GOTV very strong, lots of contacts yesterday & today. No one can say we're not trying.

Hats off to you, good sir.

Are you going to be attending a big viewing event in AZ on Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom