• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
*ahem*

ECWsM.png

Diablos

Did anyone see Washington Post's piece where they question 16 pundits and strategists and get them to predict the outcome of the race?

Click

Only 2 said Romney would win - the Republican strategist (former bush adviser) and a horse-race columnist (per Politico).

But what I found hilarious was Jim Cramer's fucking prediction:

Electoral votes:

Romney - 98, Obama - 440

lmfao
Cramer must have just bought up a fuckton of hopium stock.

Florida has to go blue this year or these tactics will just become further legitimized in the eyes of Republicans. "Oh sure we lost the election, but look at how we managed to keep Florida. We need to expand these kind of operations for future elections". As long as the punishment for such actions is merely the possible threat of citizens not voting for certain state officials, and not any kind of federal/legal response, this kind of voter suppression will be given free reign.

Amir0x

Banned
^ damn that's a huge sampling size too (Pew poll)

This put the image of an ass that snaps shut like a bear trap, tearing off the hand that touches it. Kinda fitting in context, though.

hahah. It'd be Rihanna's ass or maybe Kim Kardashian's ass or something

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Why does Halo 4 have to come out on election day? I'm blaming Microsoft if Obama loses.

Eh, we did a reasonably intense Get Out the Vote campaign, including free swag for people who watched all the debates on XBL. The game actually comes out at midnight or in the mail if you're THAT hardcore, and I suspect the remaining vote-elligible population that is taking a day off work or school will:

a) Find it easier to vote because of their Halo "holiday"

or

b) Are not the most civic-minded population to begin with....

So technically if your side wins, you can thank me, personally. I await Bulbo's excitement about an unexpectedly high turnout of (R) Dudebros.

jvBYX.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
That shows you how bad the Browns suck.

Funny thing.. I've been rooting for The Ohio State this year - just so that Ohioans are a little bit happier overall. I'll clap at the TV and say things like, "See, Ohioans? Aren't you so haaaappppyyyyyy? Happy happy happy! Things are great!" Anything to add to the whole "things are nice in Ohio" narrative. My best friend is from Cleveland, and she laughs at me whenever I bring it up.

RDreamer

So Romney's speech today was REALLY negative. It was scary almost. Really just one lie after another. A culmination of all the campaign's lies in one speech.

Yeah, because at this point he's trying to rally his base and heighten turnout. And his base is nothing but a bunch of disillusioned nutters living in a fantasy world.

its starting. This kid bitched about bams "voting is the best revenge" i replies it is an old addage "living well is the best revenge" He couldnt get the nuance and then his friend came in and said chill. Then this was posted.
47% comment is closer to the truth, then the lie Obama has spun on Benghazi not being a terrorist attack for a month, then claiming he said it on the second day. Not to mention having the White House say it was related to a YouTube video and paying tax dollars to air a video over seas apologizing for someone in our country making a video that is nothing more than free speech. Not to mention his message to the Russians on giving them missile dominance after his election. His repetitive speeches on wealth redistribution. His government spending is ridiculous. His leniency with Iran. His lavish spending on projects like solar and wind that have had little to none results. The Chevy volt catches fire. His horrible excuse for healthcare reform. Claiming "it's not a tax!" And low and behold it gets passed only because its a tax. Remember his speech that made him famous? Something about the democrats and republicans must all work together. Then he constantly blames conservatives and pushed the obamacare trough anyway. Forcing religious institutions to pay into healthcare that goes against their own beliefs. Jobs are down for people right out of college. Most of the people I know looked for well over a year for jobs after they graduated, some now work at sales jobs instead of in there career fields making minimum wages. Economy hasn't bounced back any really at all. In fact cost of daily living items has gone up. Food for one is more expensive now than it was four years ago. He killed the NASA program funding and ended the future plan to have more moon missions. He shut down Yucca mountain which many nuclear plants paid millions to build, and now the government has to pay the money back from tax payer money because the government mandated plants to pay for its construction. Operation fast and furious disaster. He literally gave Chrysler to Fiat. Obama has been quoted to have said there are 57 states in the USA. Huh? Can't get dems in the senate to agree with anyone to even pass a budget. (This was a big deal when I worked for the government. We thought we could/would all loose our jobs if the government shut down. It's been 3 years and there still is no budget). Having personally seen how the federal government spends tax dollars I can tell you private companies do a hell of a lot better. And then he blames bush and conservatives for handing him a "credit card" bill. Well, compare bushes bill to Obamas. Not even on the same page. And there is many many more. Cash for clunkers waste of money. People should buy more fuel efficient small cars. Doesn't that take away freedom of choice? If I want a beast that takes 3 mpg who is the government to take away my choices. It's my money that pays for it, not there's.

Romney may not be the greatest choice in the world. But his track record isn't nowhere near as long as Obama who has had the presidency for 4 years and has accomplished the opposite of what everyone thought would be done by now.

Columbus OH EV Line

A64bCSzCYAEzlSD.jpg:large
Polls close at 7:30 on Tuesday... My mind just cannot fathom the logic and mental gymnastics that were performed to come up with the American election system. I'm sorry for complaining yet again, but all I'm seeing is a country that is trying to make voting, a basic right and one of the most important ones at that, as difficult as possible.

Amir0x

Banned
Love that comparison! lol It's like electoral jailbait. Totally agree.

Electoral Jailbait

dude, that is the fucking Election Term of the cycle. Why didn't someone say that phrase earlier so I could have run it into the ground by now!

Congrats, Rikyfree.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Hurricane Sandy tilts election to Obama
Is Christie to blame?

We weren't conservative enough! Not only should we have forced women to bear children after rape, but we should have made a national law requiring girls to get their father's permission to get married, rah rah rah! GAWD OBAMA.

Cheebo

Banned
I have been watching some of these Clinton & Obama rallies they are doing together now. Incredible stuff. Clinton outlines the facts and explains why Romney's polices are terrible and Obama comes on to get everyone pumped and excited. It's an amazing combination to watch at once like that. Clinton explains why they need to vote for Obama and Obama gets everyone excited to go out and vote.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Polls close at 7:30 on Tuesday... My mind just cannot fathom the logic and mental gymnastics that were performed to come up with the American election system. I'm sorry for complaining yet again, but all I'm seeing is a country that is trying to make voting, a basic right and one of the most important ones at that, as difficult as possible.

This isn't a mistake. Republicans have tried to limit early voting because it favors urban areas (see picture) which are heavily Democratic.

We are the country that built the Eisenhower interstate system in the 1950s, and did NASA. We could easily modernize and expand voting. It's simply politics.

HylianTom

Banned
I have been watching some of these Clinton & Obama rallies they are doing together now. Incredible stuff. Clinton outlines the facts and explains why Romney's polices are terrible and Obama comes on to get everyone pumped and excited. It's an amazing combination to watch at once like that. Clinton explains why they need to vote for Obama and Obama gets everyone excited to go out and vote.

Imagine both of them campaigning with the Dems' nominee in 2016. It's going to be even more incredible.

Then.. imagine that nominee being Hillary. Haha!

Izayoi

Banned
Welcome to the great theocratic plutocracy of the US. Or at least, what Republicans would like to be a theocratic plutocracy. Suppress the poor, let the rich religious white men run the country.

Snake

While not the most important (that'd have to be statewide), this latest Pew poll will probably be my favorite poll of the entire election. My least favorite? The post-first debate Pew poll showing Romney +4.

We've come a long way from those dark days.

ivysaur12

Banned
I miss gallup

But undecideds always break late for the challenger!

If only Sandy never happened!

I read my mom the riot act today about Obama and Romney. Did all of the big emotional shit that she cares about (the dog on the car!) plus reminded her that if her cancer comes back, she's better off under Obamacare. She votes in CT, so it doesn't matter, but we'll see.

Puddles

Banned

Clinton is one of those rare guys to whom the statement "If you have to explain, you're losing" doesn't apply. He can win by explaining all day.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Telling that Obama can't crack 50% in most of these swing states. Given that, the fact that these polls are all oversampling Democrats, are using 2008 turnout models, and are not calling enough senior homes, combined with Romney's HUGE lead in early voting, should put this away for Romney.

edit: Also intrade at only 65% and Romney drawing 3k-600k people at his rallies in Ohio.

Amir0x

Banned
i always liked at the end of the Bugs Bunny/Florida gif the little part where the black stick figure representing Bugs Bunny celebrates breaking off Florida by fist pumping

Clinton is one of those rare guys to whom the statement "If you have to explain, you're losing" doesn't apply. He can win by explaining all day.

I really hope Clinton does more during O's second term. He'd be great for the bully pulpit to pass certain bills.

markatisu

Its already started on my Facebook feed, some choice posts by my right leaning friends

Hope you enjoy 4 more years of "change' america

Obama is lucky Sanday came into his life

and
The block hammer claims 3 more. Perhaps I'll care what you have to say a few months from now when you're not spouting political nonsense all over my news feed. Buh bye.

Izayoi

Banned
Quinnipiac poll that broke it down showed O up by 19 points in South Florida. Please don't cast us off with the rest of them. D':
If I were any good with image editing programs I'd edit it and make him only cut out the top of the state. I also think a GIF of him just cutting most of the south loose would be cool too, again out of my skill set unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom