• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Mitts speech in Cleveland.

They're just throwing shit out now. Every single lie he's spouting now. There's even a sign that says "mitt can't lose" hahaha

I mean you'd think after listening to this Obama is the worst thing ever and has single handedly made this country soviet russia.

HylianTom

Banned
Obama will win the state, Heller will barely squeak by, Horsford takes CD4 and the GOP will take the state Senate

And I thought Reid-Angle was hard.

For two years, I have rested on my laurels after ignoring the public polls, trusting my reporting and gut and predicting Harry Reid would defeat Sharron Angle. Now it’s time to once again leap into the oracular breach, with an even more difficult U.S. Senate race (yes, it’s harder to call this one based on data I have seen) and a state Senate matrix that is as blurry as can be. ...

PRESIDENT: I know the Romney folks and some RNC operatives believe they can still win, despite trailing by nearly 50,000 votes in early voting. But they need everything to break right – President Obama hemorrhages Democrats and independents vote in huge numbers for Romney, two things I do not see happening. It would be very difficult for Obama to lose Nevada, especially because I think more than two-thirds of the vote is in, so whatever turnout advantage the GOP has on Tuesday won’t be enough. Obama, 50 percent; Romney, 46 percent; others and “none of the above,” 4 percent.

U.S SENATE: Two years ago, I was pretty sure Reid was going to win, despite what the public polls said. This year, I have been pretty sure Heller would win, and the public polls have backed that up. But a few weeks ago, the cockiness of Team Heller seemed to dissipate as his advisers realized Romney was a drag and Obama might drag Rep. Shelley Berkley to victory. I would not be surprised to see her win now – I have seen data that backs that up. There may even be a recount – it is so close. (Trivia: Who presided over the last recount in a U.S. Senate race here? A secretary of state named….Dean Heller. 1998. Harry Reid and John Ensign. Get ready, Ross Miller.) I really think Berkley was cut at the end by the Heller ads on house-flipping and the Italy trip – the latter is obvious because her last spot was a defense against it. The seminal question is this: Can the Democratic machine save a congresswoman who has been caricatured as an unlikable and corrupt elected official and whose image is badly tarnished? My answer (and I am not confident in saying this): Almost. Heller, 49 percent; Berkley, 48 percent; others and none of the above, 3 percent. (Have I mentioned it could go either way?)
http://ralstonreports.com/blog/obam...akes-cd4-and-gop-will-take-state#.UJbDkoYhx8G

Nice. Nevada and Wisconsin remain very solid-looking. Which means Romney's doors are slamming shut.

Funny thing.. when you give these two states to Obama on the NYT's 512 Paths app (here: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/11/02/us/politics/paths-to-the-white-house.html ), Romney is left with 9 ways to win, compared to Obama's 119 ways. :)

The one thing I hate the most about Republicans during interviews. Is how if you question their statements you automatically are biased and are just stumping for democrats. They literally believe their ideas are sent from god and infallible.

Piecake

Proposal to move redistricting to an independent, non-partisan citizen panel. The Ohio GOP, with guidance from Boehner, royally fucked over redistricting earlier this year.

And three more in a row:

More NRA
Obama
Same anti-Brown ad from the last commercial break

Do you know ifthe redistricting amendment is going to pass? If it fails, my faith in humanity would drop to nil. Seriously, every state should pass this amendment (legislature sure as hell aint going to do it)

RDreamer

After the election I won't have Baldwin swearing at me anymore. I feel like there are at least 3 ads now that repeatedly use the clip of her yelling "Damn right!" It's kind of funny. I still think I like her more from the attack ads than anything she's actually said. Attacking her on stuff like wanting to do single payer healthcare? Yep, doesn't work for me. Makes me like her more.

#Democracy

Man, Florida's a fucking mess when it comes to this stuff...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I heard the illuminati are already printing Romney Championship Season DVDs with the title "Threading the Needle: The Mitt Romney Story of How He Won Wisconsin and Nevada and Sent Obummer Back to Kenya/Pakistan"

Do you know ifthe redistricting amendment is going to pass? If it fails, my faith in humanity would drop to nil. Seriously, every state should pass this amendment (legislature sure as hell aint going to do it)

I hope. The main opponents are, not surprising, the Ohio Republicans in the state legislature who forced this issue on the ballot with the stunt they pulled earlier this year. They're saying "OMG VOTE NO ON 2. ACTIVIST JUDGES WILL MAKE ALL THE DECISIONS IF IT PASSES"

I would hope folks are tired of the shit they pulled. The only positive to come from it was we got put into a district with all the other counties in our region, where we had previously been excluded and all but ignored as part of the Ohio 4th.

At this point for Florida, I can only hope that this pisses people off even more to vote. But I'm not counting on Florida, unless the redneck parts of the state get rained-upon well enough on Tuesday.

Its just disgraceful that we literally have a party which tries to PREVENT people from voting because its the only way they can win. This is no different than literacy tests and poll taxes, no exaggeration. Its suppression of minorities.

Amir0x

Banned
Did anyone see Washington Post's piece where they question 16 pundits and strategists and get them to predict the outcome of the race?

Click

Only 2 said Romney would win - the Republican strategist (former bush adviser) and a horse-race columnist (per Politico).

But what I found hilarious was Jim Cramer's fucking prediction:

Electoral votes:

Romney - 98, Obama - 440

lmfao

HylianTom

Banned
Chris Matthews ‏@hardball_chris

Biden just told me its not going to be close in electoral college. Full interview will air on @hardball tonight at 5 and 7 eastern.

Oh my.

Have I mentioned that I love Uncle Joe?

RDreamer

The only place available for the early in person absentee voting today in Florida was in the most Republican area of the county.

In response, Republican-affiliated election officials in Miami-Dade have effectively extended early voting from 1PM to 5PM today by allowing “in-person” absentee voting. But this accommodation will only be available in a single location in the most Republican area of the county.
Nearly every city within 5 to 10 miles of this location — including Hialeah, Miami Springs, Sweetwater and Miami Lakes — has a substantial Republican voter registration advantage.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Its just disgraceful that we literally have a party which tries to PREVENT people from voting because its the only way they can win. This is no different than literacy tests and poll taxes, no exaggeration. Its suppression of minorities.

To be fair the actual Miami-Herald article makes it sound like they were genuinly overwhelmed, and didn't expect anywhere near the turn out they did. No excuse to just shut down though.

Okay, fuck this

This is good stuff. People need to wake up and fight for their right to be represented.

They won't. Dems sat back and let someone guilty of Medicare fraud win the governorship, and therefore turn the state's election operation over to the far right. And now those people are in control not just this weekend, but on tuesday too

This is why Romney should win the election, btw. The problem isn't exclusive to Florida. You can thank dem indifference in 2010.

All of this will make the victory that much sweeter. These are the most unpatriotic pieces of shit I've ever seen. Denying people the basic right to representation.
They won't. Dems sat back and let someone guilty of Medicare fraud win the governorship, and therefore turn the state's election operation over to the far right. And now those people are in control not just this weekend, but on tuesday too

This is why Romney should win the election, btw. The problem isn't exclusive to Florida. You can thank dem indifference in 2010.
I remember that story and it disgusted me greatly. Obama and Democrats dropped the ball in 2010. It was disastrous and we'll be dealing with the aftereffects for at least 2 to 4 more years in some cases, until the next census for others. I can't believe they let themselves be overrun that year.

Papa Joe.

Yea Uncle Joe has already been taken
200px-StalinPortrait.jpg

No. People are getting fed up. 2010 he barely won.

HylianTom

Banned
Papa Joe.

Ahh.. force of habit. I have the cartoon hanging the booth at work; my co-workers keep saying that they're going to frame it for me after the election.

And it's nice to see that Wii owners are so reliable (we're older, and {*comment removed about Live demographics*}). But where's the Zelda representation?

Puddles

Banned
Just like China is an extreme case, so is the USA in the other direction. There is room for somewhere in the middle, look at Germany.

Germany, which is far more unionized that the U.S., and where labor representatives generally sit on the boards of directors at major corporations?

Jeels

So Romney's speech today was REALLY negative. It was scary almost. Really just one lie after another. A culmination of all the campaign's lies in one speech.

Hah Zynga for Romney according to BuzzFeed, the results were predictable but the outliers are so stereotypical I'm almost questioning the accuracy of the methods to reach this result. Congratulations to Dota2 players are in order I guess, Steam users as a whole I assume.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rubycramer/what-your-favorite-hobbies-and-games-say-about-you

Why does Halo 4 have to come out on election day? I'm blaming Microsoft if Obama loses.

Columbus OH EV Line

A64bCSzCYAEzlSD.jpg:large

These pictures also make me feel good. People are pumped up. I'm sick of this false "dems" don't care narrative. Also nice to see a diverse crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom