• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

Its already started on my Facebook feed, some choice posts by my right leaning friends

and

7PbLk.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What Rick Scott is doing down in FL is just unconstitutional.
It isn't even close to unconstitutional, and that is and is wholly the problem.

The constitution does nothing to ensure that the actual methods and practices of voting are protected from special interests. Probably because the "methods and practices of voting" were "write a name down and put it in this box tomorrow" when it was written.

coldfoot

Banned
But it isnt free here SO for those who cannot afford it what type of life should a high school grad who cannot attend college expect and be satisfied with?
They can afford College with their inflated paychecks while working. But we don't want them paid too much, so they should be paid a lower wage than today, but college should be free for them if they wish to attend. It should be one of the benefits.

I'm imagining the post on 538 if Nate Silver and his methodology are vindicated:

November 7, 2012
Suck it. Suck it long, and suck it hard.
By NATE SILVER

What Rick Scott is doing down in FL is just unconstitutional.
It's not unconstitutional, that's the point. The DoJ hasn't done much to combat this, meanwhile you have sec of states like Husted ignoring rulings.

What we're seeing today has been obvious for awhile. Some assumed we'd see a crack down on early voting in 2016 if Obama won this year. No, we're seeing it this year. Romney will almost certainly win Florida due to this, and I maintain he will win Ohio due to absentee ballots being thrown out.

Amir0x

Banned
I'm imagining the post on 538 if Nate Silver and his methodology are vindicated:

November 7, 2012
Suck it. Suck it long, and suck it hard.
By NATE SILVER

November 7, 2012
Hey Scarbs, I hear there's a bunch of IDEOLOGUES who are lookin' like JOKESTERS right now, eh? EH?
By NATE SILVER

They can afford College with their inflated paychecks while working. But we don't want them paid too much, so they should be paid a lower wage than today, but college should be free for them if they wish to attend. It should be one of the benefits.

Inflated paychecks, eh. Do tell how one can afford college with a minimum wage job while also paying for books, food, rent, etc. do tell.

Jackson50

I really hope Clinton does more during O's second term. He'd be great for the bully pulpit to pass certain bills.
The mythical bully pulpit. Clinton's efforts often failed him during his presidency. I'd not expect a different outcome now. Regardless, he's been a useful ally during the campaign.
Obama will have political capital, just like Bush claimed he did when he won his second term. He'll be able to do whatever he wants now, with or without congress.
Bush's political capital yielded nothing of significance. Rather, his Social Security scheme, which was his primary initiative, foundered swiftly. Despite his impassioned effort, which included the 2005 SOTUA and a nationwide tour of town halls, it fizzled. And Obama must contend with a divided government. Don't get your hopes up.

It's not unconstitutional, that's the point. The DoJ hasn't done much to combat this, meanwhile you have sec of states like Husted ignoring rulings.

What we're seeing today has been obvious for awhile. Some assumed we'd see a crack down on early voting in 2016 if Obama won this year. No, we're seeing it this year. Romney will almost certainly win Florida due to this, and I maintain he will win Ohio due to absentee ballots being thrown out.

Nah, you're just latching on to another reason. First it was "gas prices, eurozone, obamacare ruling, bad economy, etc" – that "etc" was always the worst part, we had to watch out for that! – now it's Husted and bad polling lines.

You're throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks.

coldfoot

Banned
Inflated paychecks, eh. Do tell how one can afford college with a minimum wage job while also paying for books, food, rent, etc. do tell.
First of all, I said that free college including books should be a job benefit.
Second here are some regulations that cost money: the need to have police present to make sure idiots don't wander where work is being done. All you need are multiple clear bright signs that say do not enter, and a common sense law that says if you get hurt being an idiot, you can't sue anyone.

First of all, I said that free college including books should be a job benefit.
Second here are some regulations that cost money: the need to have police present to make sure idiots don't wander where work is being done. All you need are multiple clear bright signs that say do not enter, and a common sense law that says if you get hurt being an idiot, you can't sue anyone.

You can talk about college being free in your fantasy world but thats all it is atm, FANTASY. Lets stick with reality. How do those folks who are in college while working a minimum. Wage job afford it? Do tell.

Also, in your fantasy world it may be the case that bright lights keep away people wanting to break the law but that doesnt always work in reality.

It'll be Charlie running for the dems. And I'll vote for him.

I don't know if I can vote for Crist. He was a Republican.. they threw him out and now.. he just seems like an opportunist but considering Scott is the second worst governor in the country.. I may just have to hold my nose and vote for Crist.

coldfoot

Banned
You can talk about college being free in your fantasy world but thats all it is atm, FANTASY. Lets stick with reality. How do those folks who are in college while working a minimum. Wage job afford it? Do tell.
In the real world, they make FAR more than minimum wage and still don't get a college education. I am talking about how it should be, not how it is.

Also, in your fantasy world it may be the case that bright lights keep away people wanting to break the law but that doesnt always work in reality.
Has NOTHING to do with my point. If you enter an area that is clearly marked as unsafe and you die/get injured, no lawsuits. EVER. Those idiots deserve to die if they ignore warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom