• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Measley

Some pics from the Ohio EV center;

cbus1.jpg

Saw a lot of these anti-gay and anti-abortion signs up and down the road leading to the parking lot.

cbus2.jpg

This line actually went back towards the value city on the left, and then went right again towards the EV center. I didn't ask how long it was, but I talked to one lady from Somalia who said she wasn't even going to bother, and try to vote tomorrow morning instead.

cbus3.jpg

Another pic of the line.

cbus4.jpg

Again, the anti-Abortion crowd was in full force. There were about 4 signs like that one along the line. A lot of people didn't like it, and lashed out at the people carrying those signs.

cbus5.jpg

Couple of protesters dressed up like Sesame Street characters. There was a Bert and Oscar the Grouch too. Did a lot to ease the tension from those horrible abortion signs.

cbus6.jpg

Worker for the Democratic party passing out ballot fliers. There were a LOT of these guys around the lines handing out fliers to people. I only saw two Republican equivalents.

cbus7.jpg

Across the street from the EV center was a booth run by the Obama campaign giving away tickets to this concert. This sign was near Morse Rd.

HylianTom

Banned
Your chances of getting sodomite married any time soon are about as good as my chances here in South Carolina. :(

It's why I regard the Supreme Court as my best chance. I know I could travel and get married in Vermont/Iowa/etc, and we've had this discussion before because he's a vet and it would get us access to certain benefits.. but we both want to get married at home.

Diablos

lol @ those sodomite signs

Gotta wonder how many married men/women preach that, then go home and have anal sex BUT AT LEAST THEY'RE STRAIGHT OMGRITE?

Amir0x

Banned
Romney's PA Rally apparently sized at 34k

the growing enthusiasm for Romney is truly worrying. I think people woke up and realized what a horrible job Obama did with handling the economy and are making a last minute readjustment of their perspectives. It'd start to be reflected in polls tomorrow, but obviously that'd be the end of major polling so it'll be too late to show it. The only poll that matters, however, will show this reality.

AniHawk

the growing enthusiasm for Romney is truly worrying. I think people woke up and realized what a horrible job Obama did with handling the economy and are making a last minute readjustment of their perspectives. It'd start to be reflected in polls tomorrow, but obviously that'd be the end of major polling so it'll be too late to show it. The only poll that matters, however, will show this reality.

this, plus the rainstorms hitting pennsylvania and california are really troubling. it's like 2000 all over again

yeah but that 30k rally in Ohio was really 14k-18k according to the police and secret service.
I wish people stopped using this argument. Organizers of an event will ALWAYS exagerate the attendance, and their numbers will always clash with the lower estimations from police, secret service, ... This is law since the dawn of public gatherings, and hardly a damning example of Romneys campaign lying.

Loudninja

I wish people stopped using this argument. Organizers of an event will ALWAYS exagerate the attendance, and their numbers will always clash with the lower estimations from police, secret service, ... This is law since the dawn of public gatherings, and hardly a damning example of Romneys campaign lying.
Are you kidding me?

His whole campaign are pathological lairs.

Measley

Last batch of shots;

cbus8.jpg

Another shot of the Sesame street folks. Again, thankful that they were there to ease the tension caused by those abortion signs. Nice group of people, and they did a lot of fun stuff with the kids in the crowd.

cbus11.jpg

Pro-choice supporter with his sign. As you can see, quite a bit more tasteful than the pics of a bloody fetus.

cbus10.jpg

Another shot of the line. Usually this parking lot is empty, so all the cars there is really a testament to the number of people who showed up to vote today.

cbus9.jpg

Cop walking in front of a Romney van.

cbus13.jpg

Pretty common site around the line. Pro-life supporter with a sign, and a worker for the democratic party passing out fliers. BTW, the abortion sign says "Obama's Choice".

cbus12.jpg

Couple of pro-lifers near the cross walk trying to get people to get their anti-abortion fliers. I took a couple while listening to their spiel about how God supports life and how Obama is evil and whatever. Almost everyone ignored them as they headed to the EV center.

cbus16.jpg

Some people waiting to cross Morse Rd to the EV center. Pretty diverse group of folks.

Jackson50

Some pics from the Ohio EV center;

cbus1.jpg

I still think this is what drives so many on the right. Many don't care about or understand the finer aspects of progressive taxation, Keynesian stimulus to increase aggregate demand, or consensus driven international operations.

No, it is gays and abortion. Is there a big sign about lowering tax rates while eliminating deductions? No. Gays & abortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom