• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Only due to absentee ballots, which can be discarded. I think you're missing the point here. If you lower Obama's lead in EV, he loses simply because he's down so much among election day voters.

Absentee and Provisional ballots aren't the same thing PD

Tendo

Fellow NC Gaffer in Wilmington - Anything doing tomorrow or Tuesday I can help with? Let's do this thing.

PM me if you know of anything.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I'll take suggestions for PD's avatar in my inbox. I'm not great with photoshop, so if anyone wants to collaborate on the visuals, that would be awesome.

There is that one GAFfer who has managed to keep a GIF as their avatar. Wonder if we could poll EvilLore to allow one for PD, since this is an epic bet.

If we can, having some of the most choice of quotes followed by a picture of Obama laughing would be perfect...

pigeon

Banned
On a sombre note, Politico has a Dem leak about the feeling that they won't win very many new seats:

politico said:
Nancy Pelosi has spent much of the past two years proclaiming that Democrats had a great shot at reclaiming the House and returning the speaker’s gavel to her hands.
But her drive to regain the majority for Democrats is on the verge of a complete collapse. Democrats are expected to pick up five seats at best — a fraction of the 25 they need. On the eve of the election, some party officials are privately worried that Democrats might even lose ground and drop one or two seats to the Republican majority.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83298.html?hp=t2_3

Little disappointing, and will probably make Sam Wang look bad on this one issue. Hopefully not any others!

On a sombre note, Politico has a Dem leak about the feeling that they won't win very many new seats:

Little disappointing, and will probably make Sam Wang look bad on this one issue. Hopefully not any others!
I feel like a part of this is that no one really seems to be interested in the House races at all this election. All the action is on the presidential election, and to a lesser extent the Senate contests. Is it usually like this? Hell, they don't even ask the generic ballot questions anymore in national polls.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To assuage any Polli-GAF diablosing tendencies regarding Husted - PD is wrong. Provisional ballots are the ones you cast (including ON ELECTION DAY) which you cast when you show up to the wrong polling station or don't appear on the registration list at all. The connection between "Democrats win early voting" doesn't apply to provisional ballots because they are not the same thing.

As PoliGAF's official Minnesota Representative, I can confirm to the thread that Minnesota is indeed going red. I've polled about 15 people in and around my area (randomly) and the results are stunning.

60% Obama

30% Romney

7% Ron Paul

3% undecided

+/- 15.3 MOE

DasRaven

I've been thinking the same thing. How can you distill the totality of PD's shame into something so small?

Simple. Crop this picture to just Romney's face, no text needed. Wearing that expression for however long is enough. Please proceed, PD.
an-act-of-terror1.jpg

Zeth

I need to stop reading the comments at TheBlaze. The story about the new "Obama's Christian faith" ad is mind-boggling.

Piecake

Its going to be glorious when we can simply vote online

Go to website, enter social security number, vote

I will do it naked while drinking a glass of wine to mark this glorious occasion

Its going to be glorious when we can simply vote online

Go to website, enter social security number, vote

I will do it naked while drinking a glass of wine to mark this glorious occasion

Except when Grandma shows up to vote in person and discovers that someone stole her SSN and voted for her online.

malfcn

I keep seeing this Romney ad that says Jeep is going to China. And Jeep says it is false. Can't wait for all this napalm to clear up.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I keep seeing this Romney ad that says Jeep is going to China. And Jeep says it is false. Can't wait for all this napalm to clear up.

Where the hell did the campaign pick up with this false notion of Jeep going to China? and who told them it was a good idea to run with it?

I could have run the Romney campaign better. That is a fact.

2016 should be interesting if Hillary runs. How hard is PoliGaf going to troll PD? Go as far as voting for Christie? Jeb Bush? You know, cause voting is the best revenge

Charles Krauthammer and George Will are probably going to do something totally different for once, and write really smug, self-conceited, and dismissive editorials on November 7th.

ivysaur12

Banned

That would be fucking depressing and would create some real soul searching. Ugh. And I can see this happening, too. Fuck. WHY DIDN'T YOU LIBERALS VOTE IN 2010 YOU IDIOTS

Marvie_3

Banned
Just got back from the Clinton stop in Minnesota. Bill, Al Franken, and Jim Graves were all there. Bill was on fire tonight. Fantastic speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom