• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me wants to think this is all a universal effort by conservatives to lay the groundwork for voter fraud claims. But then I consider how unlikely it is that the Coulters and Hannitys of the world would conspire alongside fucking George Will on anything. Which brings me to the conclusion that they all truly believe the country can't possibly re-elect Obama, and that therefore Romney must win big. I've said before I believe Fox/Hannity/etc are purposely misleading people, and I believe that. But I can't explain what more level headed conservatives are doing right now.

My predictions barely have Romney getting past 277: the idea of him getting 300 is insane. If Romney wins it'll be due to one state (Ohio), not him winning all the swing states plus PA/MN as many conservatives are seriously arguing. I really don't know what's going on. Perhaps this is just the culmination of years of delusion, but then again...George Will isn't a stupid man. Sure I disagree with him, he has some horrible opinions, but I wouldn't call him dumb. Yet he thinks Romney is heading for a Reagan landslide. Why? Seriously, what are they doing.

sQpCa.png

It's hilarious.

Somehow when the Reps had that tidal wave in 2010, Nate predicted that too but that was correct data.

However, in 2012 when it's not lined up with their liking...

Part of me wants to think this is all a universal effort by conservatives to lay the groundwork for voter fraud claims. But then I consider how unlikely it is that the Coulters and Hannitys of the world would conspire alongside fucking George Will on anything. Which brings me to the conclusion that they all truly believe the country can't possibly re-elect Obama, and that therefore Romney must win big. I've said before I believe Fox/Hannity/etc are purposely misleading people, and I believe that. But I can't explain what more level headed conservatives are doing right now.

My predictions barely have Romney getting past 277: the idea of him getting 300 is insane. If Romney wins it'll be due to one state (Ohio), not him winning all the swing states plus PA/MN as many conservatives are seriously arguing. I really don't know what's going on. Perhaps this is just the culmination of years of delusion, but then again...George Will isn't a stupid man. Sure I disagree with him, he has some horrible opinions, but I wouldn't call him dumb. Yet he thinks Romney is heading for a Reagan landslide. Why? Seriously, what are they doing.

Cheerleading

Time for GAF to fill me in on today's stuff, poliGAF wise.

I saw that stuff about Gabborn. Very sad. I was reading his news threads before I even signed up for GAF. :(

TiVo

She graduated cum laude from Cornell and later got a JD. It doesn't make sense to me. Did she suffer a severe blow to the head shortly after passing the bar? I've never read anything by her to make me think she's any better than below-average intellectually.

There was a boondocks episode based on her where she did her racist schtick on tv then was totally different off-camera.
Also listened to Stephanie Miller who said the same thing. She had dinner with her and knew her not to be like that in person.

AniHawk

Time for GAF to fill me in on today's stuff, poliGAF wise.

I saw that stuff about Gabborn. Very sad. I was reading his news threads before I even signed up for GAF. :(

virginia is a done deal for obama as of today, and other bad news everywhere, like obama at the forecast nate had him at the night of the first debate.

Uh...hello..?

Romney did the same shit 4 years ago, claiming that McCain would pick up enough EVs and states for a landslide too.

How did that work out?

Is Romney an idiot?

It's called talking tough/showing confidence. Means nothing. Rove and the Romney campaign are outwardly talking trash too.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Just caught the tail end of Chris Wallace interviewing Rich Beeson, the Political Director for the Romney Campaign.

Was interesting to see Wallace respond to Beeson's claims that the race was tied and that Romney would bring in over 300 EV. Wallace called him out on both, at least as much as a Fox News reporter can anyway, but throwing skeptical stares, asking twice, and pointing out what the polls were actually showing. He didn't press on the weak rebuttals, but interesting to see the Fox News starting to dial back the hardline "Romney has this in the bag" narrative.

Watching him moderate a panel of Karl Rove, Brit Hume, and Joe Trippi now, and Wallace keeps bringing up the reality of the likely outcome the polls are projecting.

Quite the contrast to his debate analysis that I can recall.

virginia is a done deal for obama as of today, and other bad news everywhere, like obama at the forecast nate had him at the night of the first debate.

You can't trust those numbers, mang!

PD, cartoon soldier, Link and Diablos know what's up.

Fuck the polls. They mean NOTHING.

but what if romney is up 4 points

the "revenge" talking point/meme, what's the origin on that?

there is the often-used saying "Living well is the best revenge." It basically means, do NOT go after your enemy, just live your life well and that is the best way to get your revenge. Well someone booed or something and Obama admonished them for booing and said “No, no, no — don’t boo, vote. Vote. Voting is the best revenge.”

And somehow the GOP decided that was a good way to push the angry black man meme . . . they took a paraphrase of a famous quote about NOT GOING AFTER REVENGE and painting Obama as going after revenge.

You didn't build that.

Getting really nervous now. Voting in mitt romney would be one of the worst things for the world right now. I really hope the voters come through and grant obama a second chance.

There's a difference between confidence and delusion. I understand why Rove would say Romney will win a landslide, same with Hannity. But George Will? Joe Scarbourgh?

there is the often-used saying "Living well is the best revenge." It basically means, do NOT go after your enemy, just live your life well and that is the best way to get your revenge. Well someone booed or something and Obama admonished them for booing and said “No, no, no — don’t boo, vote. Vote. Voting is the best revenge.”

And somehow the GOP decided that was a good way to push the angry black man meme . . . they took a paraphrase of a famous quote about NOT GOING AFTER REVENGE and painting Obama as going after revenge.

You didn't build that.

It just goes to show how little Obama gives the Right to work with that they have to try and manufacture controversy.

There's a difference between confidence and delusion. I understand why Rove would say Romney will win a landslide, same with Hannity. But George Will? Joe Scarbourgh?

What do we all praise the Right for doing waaaaay better than the Left?

UNIFICATION OF THE MESSAGE

Everyone tows the party line, mang.

Puddles

Banned
Uh...hello..?

Romney did the same shit 4 years ago, claiming that McCain would pick up enough EVs and states for a landslide too.

How did that work out?

Is Romney an idiot?

It's called talking tough/showing confidence. Means nothing. Rove and the Romney campaign are outwardly talking trash too.

Kobe was guaranteeing a victory against the Pistons after they went down 3-1.

Healthy Malone would have made the difference. :(

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
It just goes to show how little Obama gives the Right to work with that they have to try and manufacture controversy.

Almost everything this campaign from Romney has been either completely fabricated, blown out of proportion, or completely twisted. Its actually amazing how the whole thing hasn't come tumbling down which goes to show just how powerful the propaganda machine can be, how little scrutiny the media is applying, and just how shallow the thinking process of a lot of the electorate is.

AniHawk

nobody wuvs me :(
oh:
ppp: 52-47
reuters: 48-44

va:
ppp: 51-47
reuters: 47-46

nc:
ppp: tied

ia:
ppp: 50-48

fl:
ppp: 50-49
reuters: tied

nh:
ppp: 50-48

all obama leads, aside from nc, where romney leads by .2%.

oh and a poll by insider advantage showing romney up 5 in florida.

Damn, those ohio polls are bad. 3-4 point lead. I've been saying that for a long time. I hope it comes true so I can look smart. :D

Iowa bit close for my liking.

So national polls show Obama up over 1, now? What Silver's model had been predicting all along!

Diablos

GEORGE WILL

Electoral College
Romney: 321
Obama: 217

Popular Vote
Romney 49.7
Obama: 48.4

L O L

Even if Romney wins he isn't getting 321 EV's. That's crazy talk

I've been a pretty steady hand with my belief that Obama is the clear frontrunner.

Remember when PD backed out of my bet?

Others like Ani, pigeon, etc have been the same. We believed the firewall would hold up and the people disappointed with the first debate would come home. And so far it looks right.

That said, we're now in the final 2 minutes of the game. And no matter what, I get nervous in this time when the game isn't completely put away. I'm pretty nervous. Lakers up 10 with 2 mins left and I get more nervous than them up 10 with 6 min to go.

So yeah, while I'm very confident in Obama and the polls, we're at the point where even I start to get nervous. I'll be worried as results come in on Tuesday. It's the sports fan in me.

It's another reason why I hope Florida is Obama's (even though I think mitt takes it) and called early enough. I want that sigh of relief to come quick.

AniHawk

i've been weirdly calm about this for a while now. like, i know the president's got this. i'm not even worried in the slightest way. i feel like i've already seen the future and i'm back to enjoy the party, like watching everyone else's reactions to a plot twist in a movie or something.

edit: still not a believer in florida. i think it will be lost by a slim margin. i've always had a good feeling about virginia though.

colorado's the only state that needs to get its act together.

GEORGE WILL

Electoral College
Romney: 321
Obama: 217

Popular Vote
Romney 49.7
Obama: 48.4

L O L

Even if Romney wins he isn't getting 321 EV's. That's crazy talk

It's cute to imagine George sitting at his desk, thinking about those tenths of a percentage points for the PV. And how much he played with them until he got something he liked.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
It probably has already been said, but this thread is a rapidly moving mess, when do the state's results begin to trickle in? Preferably adapted to GMT.

I've been a pretty steady hand with my belief that Obama is the clear frontrunner.

Remember when PD backed out of my bet?

Others like Ani, pigeon, etc have been the same. We believed the firewall would hold up and the people disappointed with the first debate would come home. And so far it looks right.

That said, we're now in the final 2 minutes of the game. And no matter what, I get nervous in this time when the game isn't completely put away. I'm pretty nervous. Lakers up 10 with 2 mins left and I get more nervous than them up 10 with 6 min to go.

So yeah, while I'm very confident in Obama and the polls, we're at the point where even I start to get nervous. I'll be worried as results come in on Tuesday. It's the sports fan in me.

It's another reason why I hope Florida is Obama's (even though I think mitt takes it) and called early enough. I want that sigh of relief to come quick.

Like when Kobe hit that 3 to put us up 16 in the 4th of Game 5 of the 2009 Finals?

It probably has already been said, but this thread is a rapidly moving mess, when do the state's results begin to trickle in? Preferably adapted to GMT.
Woo hoo! Here's hoping that we know before midnight!

Edit: Many folks are probably wondering when we'll know "who won?" on Election Night. So, for reference, here are the Election Night Timelines for when polls closed and when states were called for the last few Presidential elections:
2000 > http://uselectionatlas.org/INFORMATION/ARTICLES/ElectionNight/pe2000elecnighttime.php
2004 > http://uselectionatlas.org/INFORMATION/ARTICLES/ElectionNight2004/pe2004elecnighttime.php
2008 > http://uselectionatlas.org/INFORMATION/ARTICLES/ElectionNight2008/pe2008elecnighttime.php

Cheers!

It's cute to imagine George sitting at his desk, thinking about those tenths of a percentage points for the PV. And how much he played with them until he got something he liked.

50.2 . . . No, I'll make it below 50 to show it is a close election 49.9 . . .too on the edge. 48.8 hmm that's not enough. 49.4 Still not enough. 49.7. Yeah that's it. 49.7. Perfect.

And 321 EVs!

LOL. WTF on the EV & PV mismatch!

Like when Kobe hit that 3 to put us up 16 in the 4th of Game 5 of the 2009 Finals?

yeah. By then I was already celebrating.

I'm just afraid of that 2008 game 4 moment. Everything looks great and then the wheels come off and you wake up in a ditch without pants and the stench of cigarettes and cheap whiskey in your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom