• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I just did a sample polling of 100 people, consisting of Facebook responses and asking my friends personally.

Obama is going to win MD by a huge margin.

Korey

Does Ohio have a paper trail?

I think that in CA (certain parts of, at least) we're able to punch in a number online somewhere and see our ballot. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Way to go out on a limb Joe.

He has to grow one if Obama wins Florida, North Carolina, or Virginia.
David Axelrod has to shave his mustache if Romney wins Minnesota, Michigan, or Pennsylvania.

Axelrod looks safe, but Virginia could bite Scarborough in the ass

Measley

Morning Joe was pretty insufferable to watch.

They only put up the closest state polls, completely ignoring the PPP polls that came out last night. They also passed around some stupid map that showed how Romney could win if he loses PA and Ohio. Nevermind the fact that it requires Romney to flip Wisconsin, and NH, and win Colorado, Virginia, and Florida.

Meanwhile 538 is now at 86.3% for Obama. The second highest its ever been.

Silver's going all in.

SeanR1221

She graduated cum laude from Cornell and later got a JD. It doesn't make sense to me. Did she suffer a severe blow to the head shortly after passing the bar? I've never read anything by her to make me think she's any better than below-average intellectually.

She knows exactly what she's doing.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
McCain coming up. This should be a Matlock-Train-wreck. Here's my prediction:

Bitter outrage as a foundation for an unbelievable claim about Romney's shot at victory. Then more bitterness and angry reaction to any call to logic.

Stinkles

McCain: BENGHAZI WHATEVER IT IS IT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE BENGHAZI AL QAEDA BENGHAZI SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Fuck off you old piece of shit. You know exactly what happened and why and you're carrying water for people who scorned and nearly abandoned you and your troll of a VP pick.

Can we have an Election Electoral Vote Prediction Thread? The NPD Prediction threads on the gaming side make for some fun following NPD results.

I would make it, but I wouldn't be able to explain the electoral college system as well as some of the Poligaf regulars here.

McCain: BENGHAZI WHATEVER IT IS IT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE BENGHAZI AL QAEDA BENGHAZI SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Fuck off you old piece of shit. You know exactly what happened and why and you're carrying water for people who scorned and nearly abandoned you and your troll of a VP pick.
He truly is a pathetic human being. Plenty of people keep saying he was great before 2000, but I just can't see it. This man is a disgrace to the nation.

Edit: DP, sorry!

codhand

Xfbad.png

looks about right.

coldfoot

Banned
It's 30 degrees out and we just lost one phase of our three phase power. It's 8:30 AM and there isn't a single worker outside finishing the tree clearing job they left half assed or fixing the power lines for every other building around is that had no power for a week. Typical government and no good union workers. Fuck NJ fuck the northeast and fuck the cold. It sucks that I will have to wait for next year to move to Texas. I pity the fools who pay 16k a year in property taxes and be subject to this kind of service. The free market would have ensured that the people who are tasked to fix this would have been whipped properly and be working 24/7 through better organization.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
It's 30 degrees out and we just lost one phase of our three phase power. It's 8:30 AM and there isn't a single worker outside finishing the tree clearing job they left half assed or fixing the power lines for every other building around is that had no power for a week. Typical government and no good union workers. Fuck NJ fuck the northeast and fuck the cold. It sucks that I will have to wait for next year to move to Texas. I pity the fools who pay 16k a year in property taxes and be subject to this kind of service. The free market would have ensured that the people who are tasked to fix this would have been whipped properly and be working 24/7 through better organization.

The free market would have processed those felled trees into lumber for you as well given its superior efficiency.

coldfoot

Banned
The free market would have processed those felled trees into lumber for you as well given its superior efficiency.
Why not? They're dry enough that they could have been sold on the spot for burning in fireplaces after being chopped to normal size, which they are doing already. Would have provided some warmth to people who have fireplaces and also helped recoup some of the costs. But there is probably some unnecessary regulation and some lawsuit from a piece of shit lawyer that prevents it.

gcubed

He has to grow one if Obama wins Florida, North Carolina, or Virginia.
David Axelrod has to shave his mustache if Romney wins Minnesota, Michigan, or Pennsylvania.

Axelrod looks safe, but Virginia could bite Scarborough in the ass

ah well any of the three? I'm trying to think what Joe would look like with a moustache, because he'll be growing one for Virginia. Its so off. Axelrod, will shave his if Romney wins any of 3 states that Obama is ahead in by over 5 pts. Joe will grow a moustache if Obama wins any of 3 states he's... ahead in one, tied in one and down by 1 in the other? Joe, you're a sucker

Why not? They're dry enough that they could have been sold on the spot for burning in fireplaces after being chopped to normal size, which they are doing already. Would have provided some warmth to people who have fireplaces and also helped recoup some of the costs. But there is probably some unnecessary regulation and some lawsuit from a piece of shit lawyer that prevents it.
put "firewood" as another thing you dont understand

Stinkles

Probably a tree hugger is still hugging one of them and that's why. If we deregulated the timber industry they could saw the tree hugger up and the states could send in their helicopters to scoop up the firewood and blood. And why can't we give our leftovers to poor people? Just put them in a ziplock and mail them to Detroit.

Effect

I've stopped watching Morning Joe some time ago but had the tv on the MSNBC last night so it was the first thing I saw this morning. Wanted the punch the TV after only a few seconds. They also had to purposefully pick the the single closest polls out there while ignoring everything else. It had to be that Pennsylvania poll as well. What bothers me the most though is in that short amount of time before I got over to the remote again bs Benghazi talk he was trying to start while at the same time jokingly (year right) dismissing Mika trying to bring up the issue in Florida where people were being shut out of the polling locations and chanting wanting to vote.

Ugh. I'm looking forward to this being over and more then ever want Romney to lose. The fact that some republicans can be so blatantly racist (and that's what it is when it comes to bs they are spewing) and not being called on it at all and those in the media refuse to say what it really is has been pissing me of to no end. Forget policies. This is the shit that scares me the most (I really wish more whites understood this fear to be honest but some really just don't) and if Romney wins by embracing that and the media condoning it I do not want to live in a country like that.

Stinkles

I've stopped watching Morning Joe some time ago but had the tv on the MSNBC last night so it was the first thing I saw this morning. Wanted the punch the TV after only a few seconds. They also had to purposefully pick the the single closest polls out there while ignoring everything else. It had to be that Pennsylvania poll as well. What bothers me the most though is in that short amount of time before I got over to the remote again bs Benghazi talk he was trying to start while at the same time jokingly (year right) dismissing Mika trying to bring up the issue in Florida where people were being shut out of the polling locations and chanting wanting to vote.

Ugh. I'm looking forward to this being over and more then ever want Romney to lose. The fact that republicans can be so blatantly racist (and that's what it is when it comes to bs they are spewing) and not being called on it at all and those in the media refuse to say what it really is has been pissing me of to no end. Forget policies. This is the shit that scares me the most (I really wish more whites understood this fear to be honest but some really just don't) and if Romney wins by embracing that and the media condoning it I do not want to live in a country like that.

Why can't Americans be free to despise black people without being labeled 'racist' by the politically correct elite?

I'm sure our founding fathers burnt all kinds of wood in their fireplaces when the alternatives were freezing in the cold.

You are like the DARPA of Derp.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Talk radio going hard on the "early voting talk is whining, you had plenty of chances to vote in Florida, no one will miss out on voting on election day if they really want to" angle. My normal distant reserve while listening to these hacks has failed me, I am infuriated and bewildered. No one seems to find it strange that one side wants to make voting harder and one side wants to make voting easier. If I knew nothing about the united states, and was just looking at a hypothetical democracy, I would find the attitude of the former party closer to fascism than anything resembling government by and for the people.

I don't just want to beat these guys any more. I want to crush them. Tomorrow is going to be a very interesting day.

coldfoot

Banned
Probably a tree hugger is still hugging one of them and that's why. If we deregulated the timber industry they could saw the tree hugger up and the states could send in their helicopters to scoop up the firewood and blood. And why can't we give our leftovers to poor people? Just put them in a ziplock and mail them to Detroit.
These are already downed trees. I am not suggesting anything about the timber industry or tree huggers. We need trees but not huge trees close to power lines.

Also the leftovers would be fine if accompanied by a eat at your own risk label. You would not eat them unless dying of hunger.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

Ugh. I'm looking forward to this being over and more then ever want Romney to lose. The fact that some republicans can be so blatantly racist (and that's what it is when it comes to bs they are spewing) and not being called on it at all and those in the media refuse to say what it really is has been pissing me of to no end. Forget policies. This is the shit that scares me the most (I really wish more whites understood this fear to be honest but some really just don't) and if Romney wins by embracing that and the media condoning it I do not want to live in a country like that.

As a friend and I were saying last night when talking offline, the Republicans cannot be allowed to win this one using the strategy, tactics, and attitudes they're employing. They can't be rewarded for that shit. If they are, if this works, the cultural damage to the US may be very real. At this point, it's not even about supporting Obama for his administration's sake.

The faction that has embraced racism, crazy, anti-science, anti-social progress, climate denial, etc, can't be rewarded for all that shit. If it is, then America as whole (not specific, individual people) truly gets what it deserves.

Stinkles

These are already downed trees. I am not suggesting anything about the timber industry or tree huggers. We need trees but not huge trees close to power lines.

Also the leftovers would be fine if accompanied by a eat at your own risk label. You would not eat them unless dying of hunger.

Joke character aside, the fact that America insists on hanging infrastructure off of poles is fucking embarassing. Especially on the East Coast. Bury it once and forget it, or deal with billions of dollars in related damage every time the wind picks up? Not to mention it looks fucking hideous.

Derp.

coldfoot

Banned
Joke character aside, the fact that America insists on hanging infrastructure off of poles is fucking embarassing. Especially on the East Coast. Bury it once and forget it, or deal with billions of dollars in related damage every time the wind picks up? Not to mention it looks fucking hideous.

Derp.
I'm sure we could afford it if all the union bosses were disbanded and we elimaninated most of the legal costs arising from those leeches. the resulting extra economic activity would actually boost employment and wages.

Also not burying it makes it possible for unions to stay in business.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

Lumber =/= mere firewood. You are selling the free market short given they would spot the real commercial opportunity here.

norinrad

Definitely I'm sure the free market knows better than me or the idiots on city councils and local governments.

The thing is the so called free market has never worked anywhere in the world, it only drives up the cost of everything and people are ultimately left penniless. How's that a free market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom