• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

What does Unskewed say?
xlarge.png

AniHawk

gallup's putting itself in a position where it doesn't seem too far out from the norm. an outlier, sure, but not an insane one.

plus, it can always fall back on the rv if push comes to shove.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Did anyone else see Chuck Todd just go retarded?

He's so terrible. They're still on this Romney could win PA stuff. Not happening.

What's the latest polls in PA? Haven't seen much recently.

gallup's putting itself in a position where it doesn't seem too far out from the norm. an outlier, sure, but not an insane one.

plus, it can always fall back on the rv if push comes to shove.
Don't think it's an outlier anymore. Unless Obama wins by four.

They're in the confidence interval for sure now.

RDreamer

Free Republic people seem to be clinging to Gallup predicting the winner in all but Dewey/Truman and Ford/Carter.

If that's all they have left to cling to... lol

twitter -

Ann Coulter ‏@AnnCoulter
I can't see a scenario where Romney wins less than 273 electoral votes.

a reply:
Guy Endore-Kaiser ‏@GuyEndoreKaiser
.@AnnCoulter One possible scenario is if he doesn't run for President twice.

lol.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
These ads are so awesome!

A woman, sitting in a nice home complaining about Obama making things worse for her family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=3NFDKgXRb1U&feature=endscreen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyzhGiHfYt0

All she heard was, "Keep spending...and I haven't made any mistakes..."

AMERICAN CROSSROADS FTW

I mentioned this yesterday. Love that she uses an iPad to play some videos as well. Oh Obama, look at the filth and squalor she is living in!

codhand

browses Free Republic
Three polls have come out in within the day with RR up big with Independents:

Gravis poll Romney up +18%

CNN poll Romney up +22%

Rush just mentioned a poll with Romney up +25% or was +28%?

Can you say... wait for it...

Wish I'd known about this a long time ago...

Not sure how SurveyUSA is this year, but they have Obama up by 5 in Ohio, 49-44. Largest lead yet.

When all is said and done, and 24 hours remain until votes are counted in Ohio, Barack Obama leads Mitt Romney 49% to 44%, according to SurveyUSA’s 5th and final pre-election tracking poll, conducted for WCMH-TV in Columbus. In 5 tracking polls, Obama has never trailed; today’s poll is the first time Obama has polled as high as 49%. Compared to an identical SurveyUSA poll one week ago, Obama is up 1 point, Romney is down 1 point. Obama had led by 3, now leads, at the wire, by 5. Men are moving to Obama on the final weekend. 6 out of 7 Ohio voters has been personally contacted by one or both presidential campaigns.

Cloudy

Banned
WTF Obama somehow dropped .1 in the RCP average after the new Gallup. I see they threw out a lot of other polls.

Do they have a set number of days for poll decay or are they massaging the average for Romney. Seems like they tossed the CBS poll even though there's no newer one..

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
twitter -

Ann Coulter ‏@AnnCoulter
I can't see a scenario where Romney wins less than 273 electoral votes.

a reply:
Guy Endore-Kaiser ‏@GuyEndoreKaiser
.@AnnCoulter One possible scenario is if he doesn't run for President twice.

lol.

LOL...that's classic.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not sure how SurveyUSA is this year, but they have Obama up by 5 in Ohio, 49-44. Largest lead yet.

Silver rated them second best in accuracy in 2010, but accuracy in Midterms is very hard to gauge since House elections are subject to wild swings - being off by 5 points is often considered accurate in regional polls.

codhand

Reading Free Republic now. Someone is guessing that PA will be called for Romney right after the polls close.

sogood.gif

The polls have been odd. Tit for Tat results, every poll that gives Obama an edge, a competing poll gives it to Romney, or closes the gap.

I've wondered how the heck Romney can surge in Pen, Wis, Mich, Minn. while not surging in Ohio? It seems almost impossible.

They got me biting my nails even though I think it's Romney by a ton of EC votes.

tumblr_mbs98cku4c1qakh43o1_500.gif

Hige

I hope someone uploads video of Chuck Todd spending like a minute trying to get his EV map to 269-269 on Andrea Mitchell earlier. So much fail and secondhand embarrassment.

markatisu

I hope someone uploads video of Chuck Todd spending like a minute trying to get his EV map to 269-269 on Andrea Mitchell earlier. So much fail and secondhand embarrassment.

I was just about the post that, he can't even pull the faux narrative off. Andrea was trying to cover for him but it was obvious.

I love how Chuck was like "well we had it a bit ago"

codhand

last one
for now

Free Republic said:
I pray we win tomorrow, but I also think the tightening is because the dems are cheating on a large enough scale in swing states to win the election.

I believe this is the reason people are saying Romney will win the popular vote handily, but will lose the electoral college. The dems know the states they have to cheat big time in, and they are doing that as we speak.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah I was disappointed yesterday when Chuck Godd tried to tell us that this was a really close race.

It is a really close race. Obama has the advantage but its a close race. Obama doesn't have safe leads in enough states to make it a non-close race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom