• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know about that. There are stories every election. You can't suppress 4% of one side of the vote
I think that while it's true that the numbers don't add up to possible theft in Ohio, Florida is a different story altogether

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm so sick of whiny Democrats. All through October, wahh the debate wahh Obama sinking, and now Voter Suppression Paranoia, Jon Husted slashing 9% off Obama's margins, etc.

My final map
http://www.270towin.com/2012_election_predictions.php?mapid=boJe

Romney 275
Obama 263

I see this all coming down to Ohio, and I am not convinced that the race will be counted fairly. That's not to say Romney will only win due to Husted: I believe white turnout, especially among Evangelicals, is going to turn the race on its head and ultimately swing the election to Romney. Weigel noted on twitter that Romney will likely need to win election day votes by 10% in order to win. I expect Romney to win those voters by 12%, and thus win the state by around 2%.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My final map

Romney 275
Obama 263

I see this all coming down to Ohio, and I am not convinced that the race will be counted fairly. That's not to say Romney will only win due to Husted: I believe white turnout, especially among Evangelicals, is going to turn the race on its head and ultimately swing the election to Romney. Weigel noted on twitter that Romney will likely need to win election day votes by 10% in order to win. I expect Romney to win those voters by 12%, and thus win the state by around 2%.

You already posted your final map. Weigel is just making figures up.

My final map

Romney 275
Obama 263

Edit - Eh. That comment might get me banned. Self-delete.

Link

The Autumn Wind
My final map

Romney 275
Obama 263

This argument contradicts itself. Obama's margins among white voters in Ohio are much better than they are nationally thanks to the auto bailout.

kingkitty

Romney Pure Presidency Prediction Center (RPPPC)​
Here at the RPPPC, we collect various sources that predict a strong Mitt Romney victory over Barack Obama.
6th Round Quickie Update, 5th Round, 4th Round, 3rd Round, 2nd Round, 1st Round

BREAKINGISH LATE NEWS: Karl Rove finally updated his prediction map.

Karl Rovian Update:
~Romney wins 285 EV and at least 51 percent of the popular vote.
~Romney will carry Florida, Virginia, New Hampshire, Ohio, Iowa, and Colorado. Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Nevada are too close to call, could very well be won by Romney.
Source.

Special Mention:
~Charles Krauthammer just predicted on the OReilly Factor that Ohio goes to Romney.

I expected a more in-depth prediction by Krauthammer, damn Fox News hype.

Eidan

My final map

Romney 275
Obama 263

Why'd you give Romney Virginia?

pigeon

Banned
Dave Wiegel of Slate is predicting Romney will win even though he believes the polls that show Obama up. He is predicting voter suppression will cause Romney to win Ohio.

#slatepitches

edit: also, he posted on Slate saying "never mind, changed my view during turnaround time"

Marvie_3

Banned
That's also exactly what I had about 2 weeks ago! Great minds!

i32TIKgHKEtDk.gif

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
My map is the good old boring 303 Obama, 235 Romney. Sometimes I think Colorado might go red, or Florida might go blue, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom