• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LOL:
Ugh. I just woke up and cant handle all of this terrible Obama news. Dax, hold me :(

Sorry, broski, but Dax is taken. Come to Papa Joe.

image.php
Reaching for the smelling salts over "bullshitter"? Dearest me, my gosh my golly, that Lyndon Baines Johnson fellow would have caused an aneurysm.

Perfect.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
No controversy, at least not a real one, but it just plays into the hand of Fox News and CNN who will report that Obama is acting like a petty and sarcastic child, not conduct befitting of a president, etc.

In this hyper-polarized political world, it is a stupid comment to make.

Keio

For a Finer World
So The Detroit News is endorsing Romney. Didn't really see that coming.

Conservative newspaper. And they do slam Romney on the car issue, but backtrack:
Despite his wrong-headedness on the auto bailout, we believe Romney when he proclaims himself a "car guy." And he is indeed a son of Detroit, having grown up in the automobile industry. His father, George Romney, was the head of American Motors before becoming governor of Michigan.

Romney understands the industry, and will shield it from regulators who never tire of churning out new layers of mandates. It is important to remember that the automobile industry is never truly "saved;" there are always new challenges. Romney will be an advocate for Detroit, and if he can make the overall economy stronger, Michigan and the automakers will benefit greatly.
Considering that the fuel consumption regulations may be the thing that both helps US energy policy AND the auto industry to compete globally, they are IMO totally wrong about their anti-regulation views here.

gcubed

I think the bullshitter comment should inspire all of us as a politician is saying something 100% truthful for once...

From what I hear, they always endorse Republicans

A country built on rugged individualism finds itself increasingly under the thumb of a federal government that is ever expanding its reach into the lives of its citizens.

Obama has proved himself a disciple of the doctrine that for every problem there's a government solution.

Romney, by contrast, embraces individual initiative and entrepreneurship. He would turn back the encroachment of the bureaucracy into the private sector.

Romney would replace the heavy hand of government with the invisible hand of a rational marketplace working to produce broad prosperity.

with a handful of sentences like that the endorsement reads like it was written by Romney's campaign team...

Tom_Cody

Did Obama really call Romney a bullshitter?

That plays well to a college and teenager crowd, but I honestly can't imagine that getting anything but negative press outside of the internet. Looks about as presidential as his sarcastic replies in the last couple debates...

(and yes, it is obvious that Romney is in fact a bullshitter, but come on, Mr. President!)
Yeah, I can't really see how this is going to help him with independents.

Tim-E

Well, that would make more sense then.

Yeah, some papers never deviate from the parties they typically endorse. A paper here in West Virginia endorsed Obama despite the fact that the electorate here hates him. They always endorse democrats.

Chumly

No controversy, at least not a real one, but it just plays into the hand of Fox News and CNN who will report that Obama is acting like a petty and sarcastic child, not conduct befitting of a president, etc.

In a hyper-polarized world it would be wrong for Romney to lie nonstop but somehow it's ok for republicans to do that.

Did Obama really call Romney a bullshitter?

That plays well to a college and teenager crowd, but I honestly can't imagine that getting anything but negative press outside of the internet. Looks about as presidential as his sarcastic replies in the last couple debates...

(and yes, it is obvious that Romney is in fact a bullshitter, but come on, Mr. President!)

Who cares

lock it up, this election is over with

grkazan12

Hey I just wondering if you guys know what's at an Obama HQ, felt stopping by to check it out. Maybe get a sticker or sign. Be cool to check out nonetheless.

I think the bullshitter comment should inspire all of us as a politician is saying something 100% truthful for once...

I don't get the quote though. How can kids tell a bullshitter? Everyone they know has been lying to them about Santa and the tooth fairy for years and they lap it up...

Conservative newspaper. And they do slam Romney on the car issue, but backtrack:

Considering that the fuel consumption regulations may be the thing that both helps US energy policy AND the auto industry to compete globally, they are IMO totally wrong about their anti-regulation views here.

Bad news for Obama.

ezrarh

Romney would replace the heavy hand of government with the invisible hand of a rational marketplace working to produce broad prosperity.

Who uses "invisible hand" non-facetiously when describing the free market anymore? And it's far from rational.

Hey I just wondering if you guys know what's at an Obama HQ, felt stopping by to check it out. Maybe get a sticker or sign. Be cool to check out nonetheless.

like, a local field office? or the chicago HQ? a local field office should be relatively sparse during the day because everyone will be out canvassing or taking people to the polls. there will, however, be a few people at the office handling check ins,etc. if you want to get in the HQ you need a chaperone from staff and two IDs, which are left at the front desk.

grkazan12

like, a local field office? or the chicago HQ? a local field office should be relatively sparse during the day because everyone will be out canvassing or taking people to the polls. there will, however, be a few people at the office handling check ins,etc. if you want to get in the HQ you need a chaperone from staff and two IDs, which are left at the front desk.

Oh it's just a local field office in PA.

I want to see the internals of the Virginia poll, it seems like an outlier unless Obama made huge gains recently; I wonder what the dem sample is, minorities, etc. Plus it was done by PPP for a firm, and we don't know what the firm's agenda is

Virginia is virtually tied in every other poll. I'll wait for more polls to move one way or the other first

I want to see the internals of the Virginia poll, it seems like an outlier unless Obama made huge gains recently; I wonder what the dem sample is, minorities, etc. Plus it was done by PPP for a firm, and we don't know what the firm's agenda is

Virginia is virtually tied in every other poll. I'll wait for more polls to move one way or the other first
If this were Gallup showing Romney up 7 you'd lap it up.

syllogism

Of course it's very likely that it's an outlier. That's not the point. Even being an outlier it makes it quite likely that virginia is far from being a lost cause and Obama might even be slightly favored there depending on the turnout. I don't think anyone is expecting VA polls to suddenly all show Obama up by that kind of margin.

Dem 38%, Rep 34%, Indep 28%

White 71%, African American 20%, Other 9%

Conducted on behalf of "Health Care for America Now". PPP did a Iowa poll on behalf of the same group four days ago that only showed Obama with a one percent lead

norinrad

Your dad told your sister to write in a school report, that Clinton was a womanizer and you thought that was brilliant. You know you are beginning to show your true colors.

How is his comment different from what your father said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom