• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dem 38%, Rep 34%, Indep 28%

White 71%, African American 20%, Other 9%

Conducted on behalf of "Health Care for America Now". PPP did a Iowa poll on behalf of the same group four days ago that only showed Obama with a one percent lead

Dem ID 2 points lower than 08, and race breakdowns rather consistent (1% more white people than 08). Seems like a solid poll but I want to see more from other pollsters before getting excited

XenodudeX

Drt8750w_kuqNYpHJUXcig2.jpg

Ecotic

It's looking bad for Romney, he has 12 days to close the gap with an inferior campaign, ground game, surrogates, and frankly, an inferior candidate.

It's looking bad for Romney, he has 12 days to close the gap with an inferior campaign, ground game, surrogates, and frankly, an inferior candidate.

Likewise you have an incumbent with 100% name recognition who can't break 50% in most national polls, or state polls that matter

Tim-E

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...polls-romneys-momentum-seems-to-have-stopped/

New Nate Silver blog, basically picking up on what we've been speculating on here the last couple days (Romney's momentum stalled and the race might be going back towards Obama)

The term “momentum” is used very often in political coverage — but reporters and analysts seldom pause to consider what it means.

Let me tell you what I think it ought to mean: that a body in motion tends to stay in motion. That is, it ought to imply that a candidate is gaining ground in the race — and, furthermore, that he is likely to continue to gain ground.

Nate Silver is now a spokesperson for Celebrex.

Tim-E

I'm trying to find my post where I said Obama will get a bounce in Virginia after the 3rd debate. I'm just that awesome.

I do think Mitt's "momentum" has definitely stopped and while I don't think the race will go back to September levels, I think Obama should be comfortable enough over the next two weeks. I don't see any major events occurring that shift opinion one way or the other. Romney looked straight-up awful in that FP debate.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm curious to see how all this rape/abortion talk affects the woman vote. I know the gap had been inexplicably closing.

Tim-E

I'm curious to see how all this rape/abortion talk affects the woman vote. I know the gap had been inexplicably closing.

It's just closer to election day and things were going to close regardless, but Obama has a substantial lead among women in key swing states, so I don't see anything jumping around much more.

HylianTom

Banned
I want a big East Coast victory early on Election Night so that the grim faces and desperate "what if Romney wins {*insert ridiculous state*}?" denial/bargaining can begin on Fox.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It's just closer to election day and things were going to close regardless, but Obama has a substantial lead among women in key swing states, so I don't see anything jumping around much more.
Sure, and the swing states are what matter, but can the gap grow large enough to put them away comfortably?

Bowdz

I want a big East Coast victory early on Election Night so that the grim faces and desperate "what if Romney wins {*insert ridiculous state*}?" denial/bargaining can begin on Fox.

I still think Obama winning Florida would garner the best reaction on Fox News. If Obama wins Florida, he only has to hold onto WI, PA, and MI (lol) to get to 276. The game would be over right then and there and it would be glorious.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Your dad told your sister to write in a school report, that Clinton was a womanizer and you thought that was brilliant. You know you are beginning to show your true colors.

How is his comment different from what your father said?

My dad wasn't president?

Plus, Bill Clinton was a womanizer, similar to how Romney is a bullshitter. I was not claiming the statement was false, but it is not befitting of a president to say of his opponent or anyone else.

and it is pretty damn brilliant (not that I would have used that term to describe anything) to have a 4th grader write a paper about a womanizing president. I hope to make myself laugh like that some day when my kids grow up.

and what are my true colors, exactly?

I do think Mitt's "momentum" has definitely stopped and while I don't think the race will go back to September levels, I think Obama should be comfortable enough over the next two weeks. I don't see any major events occurring that shift opinion one way or the other. Romney looked straight-up awful in that FP debate.

You can always hope for Romney's appearance on Monday Night Football the night before the election to go disastrously bad. A mention of how he's good friends with the owners, general talk of how he enjoys watching "sport"...maybe he'll suddenly make Louisiana a swing state!

Just made my account on intrade, and waiting for the documentations to clear.

Would short selling Romney predictions en masse be a good/bad idea, gaf?

watershed

Banned
Wow, Obama essentially saying Romney is a bullshitter is some of the harshest language I've seen yet directly from a candidate. I wonder how it will play.

Tim-E

You can always hope for Romney's appearance on Monday Night Football the night before the election to go disastrously bad. A mention of how he's good friends with the owners, general talk of how he enjoys watching "sport"...maybe he'll suddenly make Louisiana a swing state!

He's going to be on MNF? That will likely be far more awkward than his Wikipedia foreign affairs talk.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Yeah, judging from the activity I've been reading from the news and over here it seems to be all over the place quite often.

I would just buy Obama and sit on it. You will make a lot of money when it gets to 10 on November 6th. I can't imagine you would make more trying to short sell the natural ups and downs due to state and national polls.

kirblar

I would just buy Obama and sit on it. You will make a lot of money when it gets to 10 on November 6th. I can't imagine you would make more trying to short sell the natural ups and downs due to state and national polls.
This is what I'd be doing if I could. Just take the profit.

Just made my account on intrade, and waiting for the documentations to clear.

Would short selling Romney predictions en masse be a good/bad idea, gaf?

Stick to Obama and hope that his chance to win doesn't go any higher so that you get as much profit as possible.

I was going to get in at 54% then I realized I couldnt instantly add funds to my account, by the time the funds wouldve cleared it wouldnt have been attractive anymore. I'll just have fun in Vegas next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom