• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
Obama Got No Advance Notice On Powell Endorsement

President Obama and his campaign had no advanced warning that Colin Powell would be endorsing the president Thursday, Jen Psaki, traveling press secretary for the campaign, said during a press gaggle Thursday according to a White House pool report. The president learned of the endorsement just before an early event in Tampa, Fla., and called Powell to thank him. ...

During his endorsement on "CBS This Morning," Powell also said that he had not notified either the Romney or Obama camps of his endorsement prior to giving it. He also said that he had spoken to both Mitt Romney and the president recently and that neither had asked for his endorsement.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/obama-got-no-advance-notice-on-powell-endorsement

Hey.. could Powell replace Hillary when she resigns? :)

Farmboy

McCain, you irritable douchebag, Powell let clowns like you tarnish his legacy with that slideshow.

Pretty much sums it up. Bravo!

Also, not sure if this was posted, but it's lol-worthy: National Review hatin' on Nate Silver for being too pro-Obama. Nevermind that between 538 and similar sites (votamatic.org, PEC), Silver is actually much more cautious about Obama's chances of winning than anyone else. Most of his friendly competitors put Obama at or above 90%.

Tim-E

It's ironic that Ryan is being sent to do all these fundraisers given they just may benefit him the most. If Romney loses the election, Ryan clearly gains the most. His Medicare plan has turned out to be not nearly as toxic as advertised, and he'll get to argue Romney moved too much to the center. He has the money connects, the support of the base, and still has the media's hearts despite multiple stories about him lying. Not bad

Now he'll go onto running in Republican primaries for years and not getting anywhere. The only time that a losing VP candidate has gone on to win the Presidency was FDR. Ryan's national ambitions are done for on November 7th.

SmokeMaxX

Pretty much sums it up. Bravo!

Also, not sure if this was posted, but it's lol-worthy: National Review hatin' on Nate Silver for being too pro-Obama. Nevermind that between 538 and similar sites (votamatic.org, PEC), Silver is actually much more cautious about Obama's chances of winning than anyone else. Most of his friendly competitors put Obama at or above 90%.

Leading off the article with this
“Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Forty percent of all people know that.” — Homer Simpson.
Just makes it seem like a big joke.

It is. When perusing the thread, Dax's guide to PoliGAF is helpful.
Dax01 said:
Sometimes I feel like PoliGAF needs a guide.

Listen to: Cyan, GhaleonEB, Jackson50
Troll with or otherwise ignore: PD
Panic with: Diablos and CS
Be calm with: Black Mamba, pigeon, loudninja, Tim-E, Forever
Harass PD, make sarcastic/joking responses, fake panic with: Dax
Appreciate trolling of: Incognito

Something like that.

Need one more: Get economic answers from: ev

Thanks for the links/suggestions guys

HorseD20121025_low.jpg

There are more germans and norwegians than swedes in MN, not sure why he put that there...

Powell unfortunately is forever tainted by his pitch for the Iraq war, even if he never wanted to do it.

Plus Obama owes Kerry.

Obama owes Kerry, but can he afford it? Obama nearly cost democrats the senate by plucking senators out of the chamber and adding them to his cabinet. If Kerry is made Sec of State, what happens to his seat? Let's imagine Warren beats Brown in November. He would almost certainly run for Kerry's seat in 2014. Given his name recognition and remaining funds from this election, it could be tough defeating him in a non-presidential election considering MA's weak bench of democrats.

Mike Capuano seems like the next in line, dem wise, but it's no guarantee he could beat Brown. Especially if the economy has stalled going into 2014. That being said, it would be hilarious if Joe Kennedy Jr. won his congressional seat this year, then ran for Kerry's senate seat in 2014...

Cloudy

Banned

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm fairly certain that the only real difference in any of these polls is routine statistical variation in different samples.

Obama just emailed me saying he'll be the first sitting president ever to cast an early vote.

That's kind of cool. Maybe he'll help transition us into a more flexible voting future.

Ecotic

Obama owes Kerry, but can he afford it? Obama nearly cost democrats the senate by plucking senators out of the chamber and adding them to his cabinet. If Kerry is made Sec of State, what happens to his seat? Let's imagine Warren beats Brown in November. He would almost certainly run for Kerry's seat in 2014. Given his name recognition and remaining funds from this election, it could be tough defeating him in a non-presidential election considering MA's weak bench of democrats.

Mike Capuano seems like the next in line, dem wise, but it's no guarantee he could beat Brown. Especially if the economy has stalled going into 2014. That being said, it would be hilarious if Joe Kennedy Jr. won his congressional seat this year, then ran for Kerry's senate seat in 2014...
Lol, he's probably got it if he wants it. Ted was even younger when that State elected him to the Senate.

You know I was just reading the Boston Globe's glowing endorsement of Joe Kennedy III yesterday, and the editorial and all the campaign accounts on the trail I've read say he's got talent. I'm really rooting for this guy, if I made a bucket list of 100 things I'd like to see or do before I go seeing another President Kennedy would be one of them.

Fuchsdh

I'd prefer he didn't. Powell came to my high school for a speech on leadership. When someone asked him about his part in getting us into Iraq, he basically dodged the question and said, "sorry guys, but that's your problem now."

....so yeah, I don't care if he has an amazing life story, in my book he's a grade-A dick.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Lol, he's probably got it if he wants it. Ted was even younger when that State elected him to the Senate.

You know I was just reading the Boston Globe's glowing endorsement of Joe Kennedy III yesterday, and the editorial and all the campaign accounts on the trail I've read say he's got talent. I'm really rooting for this guy, if I made a bucket list of 100 things I'd like to see or do before I go seeing another President Kennedy would be one of them.

Your bucket list is incredibly boring. I have farts on my bucket list that I hope to pass that would be more satisfying than seeing another plutocrat become president.

Chichikov

Your bucket list is incredibly boring. I have farts on my bucket list that I hope to pass that would be more satisfying than seeing another plutocrat become president.
Yeah.
I hate the concept of political royalty and I think that JFK was a pretty bad president.
That doesn't mean that I'll automatically oppose any Kennedy running for office, but man, he needs more than the name to get me excited about.

Plus I think we should amend the constitution to ban people with "the III" in their name from running for office.

Ecotic

Eh I'm already living in Southeast Asia, my bucket list would be a lot smaller than it would have been 5 years ago. Besides, you know how big the People Magazine vote is? Huge.

Why? He seems like a good guy, but being a Kennedy does not make him better or special than equally qualified (or more qualified) candidates. I'd have no problem supporting him for president in 16 years if he was clearly the best candidate, and the one I agreed with most. However I have someone else in mind in 16 years

Chelsea Clinton will be 48 then, and most likely an accomplished force of nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom