• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Obama is really getting the interviews in. It's so weird that Romney is pretty much running away from the press it seems. Giving Obama all the air time.

Edit: Not complaining just find it weird.

Sam Wang is quite the snarkmaster.

David Brooks – now with Ro-mentum!
October 25th, 2012, 10:30am by Sam Wang

It was fun to learn of David Brooks’s addiction to polling data. He spends countless hours on them, looking at aggregators, examining individual polls, and sniffing poll internals. From all of this, what has he learned?

1. Today, President Obama would be a bit more likely to win.
  2. There seems to be a whiff of momentum toward Mitt Romney.
(Emphasis mine.)
I am having a sad. All of that effort, and his two conclusions still have two major errors. Evidently he does not read the Princeton Election Consortium. Let us dissect this.
http://election.princeton.edu/2012/10/25/do-you-understand-polls-as-well-as-david-brooks/

David Brooks may know more than that . . . but he may just not want to admit it. (Actually, he may indeed be that clueless.)

Obama is really getting the interviews in. It's so weird that Romney is pretty much running away from the press it seems. Giving Obama all the air time.

It's not weird, it's what he's always done. Romney does very poorly outside of controlled situations, And he rarely gave non fox interviews until recently.

Bowdz

Brian Williams is being a dick. How does he go from Libya to "Why didn't you visit Israel as president"? Fuck these guys....

It's a fair question ... as long as it is followed by the fact that George W. Bush didn't visit Israel as president until January 2008 and that George H.W. Bush and Ronald Reagan never visited Israel as president.

Owzers

Romney running on big change, avoids interviews so he doesn't have to say what that change is or have to answer another question on how his tax plan math doesn't add up. Or questions on rape and babies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You'd think the press would be scared shitless of a Romney presidency given his utter contempt for them, but no, they're fine with their horserace shit.

pigeon

Banned
You'd think the press would be scared shitless of a Romney presidency given his utter contempt for them, but no, they're fine with their horserace shit.

I'm actually really surprised. I figured this was a perfect three act show. Act 1, Obama beats Romney all year. Act 2, October Romney fights to the brink of victory. Act 3, Obama examines his failings, training montage, wins the third debate and an inevitable reelection. If I were going to write a facile narrative to guide the ostensibly objective reporting of a major cable news network to compete for viewers I could then sell to ad agencies, this is definitely the story I'd write. For once I thought all the bullshit would align with what I actually wanted them to say (and, even, the truth, kind of).

It's a fair question ... as long as it is followed by the fact that George W. Bush didn't visit Israel as president until January 2008 and that George H.W. Bush and Ronald Reagan never visited Israel as president.

Its funny cause HW was hard on Israel. He called on them to stop their colonization and called East Jersualem occupied territory, made sure they didn't respond during the Iraq war

Cloudy

Banned

Obama losing is a much bigger story than him winning. Plus they get to cover a new president as well.

Why didn't Nate put today's PPP poll into his model for Virginia?

that's what i was thinking. maybe he missed it. maybe it's maybelline.

I tweeted nate. Let's see if he responds :eek:
(i dont know how to do the twitter)

Silver just tweeted he missed the ppp poll and ras in az and adding it in now. Odds to go up I imagine.

Wow. Poll-iGAF indeed. This thread lives up to its name.

Bowdz

he had a 3% chance to win it though. it's crucial in this scenario

youregoodyou-analyzetagujn.gif

RDreamer

Holy Christ-on-a-stick, I think I'm arguing with the dumbest right winger alive. Someone responded to something of my cousin's with that stupid line about how Obama had two years to do whatever he wanted, so the economy is his fault. So I went off on him, and got the dumbest response ever:

How is it worse if you include the people that gave up looking for work unemployment is at 14%. How many executive orders has he passed? Bengazi, Fast and Furious, Middle East Melt down, How many countries have chanted Burn America Burn? Fast and Furious is 100% Obama admin. How many Hybrids are on the roads? GM if isn't right now going through another bankruptcy will be soon. Solyndra. How many times has Obama tried to get rid of the Constitution?

I mean seriously, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom