• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Unskewed released some 2012 projections yesterday

Colorado: 54-45 Romney -- a suprise for many still expecting Obama to carry Colorado

Connecticut: 51-47 Obama -- closer than expected, and probably an indication that Linda McMahon wins the state's U.S. Senate seat

Florida: 54-46 Romney

Iowa: 54-46 Romney -- many don't expect this

Maine: 49-49 Obama -- much closer than expected

Michigan: 51-48 Romney -- the surprise of the night, Romney's home state ties are more key than Obama's claims to have "saved" the domestic auto industry

Nevada: 52-47 Romney -- this will surprise many

Minnesota: 51-47 Romney -- this will surprise many

New Hampshire: 53-46 Romney

New Jersey: 50-49 Obama -- much much closer than expected, the Romney campaign will re-allocate resources to New Jersey if they believe this number

New Mexico: 53-46 Romney -- most don't expect Romney to win New Mexico

Ohio: 54-46 Romney -- Late momentum and great ground game win the Buckeye state for Romney

Oregon: 52-46 Romney -- major surprise

Pennsylvania: 53-47 Romney -- big time upset

Washington: 51-49 Obama -- closer than expected

GJggc.gif

lolololol

Obama is really putting himself out there with all these interviews. Let's hope there's no huge gaffe. Romney is playing it super-safe while Obama is campaigning like he's behind

ps:
Is the meta-margin the popular vote?

some jackass said:
Maine: 49-49 Obama -- much closer than expected
If this actually happened Romney would have to pick up the more conservative 2nd district's electoral vote. No way he wouldn't. His analysis seems pretty amateur, like he just started giving Romney states by throwing darts at them.

Sweet shit, these people don't live in anything resembling reality. Minnesota has not voted for a Republican since NIXON and that will continue, to bring up one of many very, very, very, very false and misguided projections.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Those electoral maps heavily in favor of R/R will probably just make people vote Obama rather than third-party.

Edit: Also, I have little faith in national polling at this point. I'm studying survey methods right now, and most of what I'm learning is how difficult cell phones, caller ID, etc. make it to collect accurate data for a sampling frame.

Clevinger

Also, I love this line:

"He claims to have been highly accurate in predicting the 2008 election results, and perhaps he was."

Eh, maybe he did do this incredible thing in the past that I could easily verify.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
He could have at least seemed somewhat legit by just skewing swing states. That poll makes him look utterly insane

I'd love to see him and Silver interviewed on cable news, preferably Fox lol

I'd love for Nate to pull a James Carville and just flash a picture of his predictions on TV.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The unskewedpolls.com guy's thoughts on nate's site, pretty compelling stuff

http://www.examiner.com/article/the...ilver-for-wisdom-on-the-polls?cid=db_articles

Sure, except Silver bases his polls on data, whereas Chambers just takes polls and performs mystery voodoo to make them to look better for Romney.

Reminds me a random twitter comment I saw (I think it was Ken Jennings the jeopardy guy) "Weird how presidential polling was a corrupt conspiracy until Romney started polling better"

Averon

These electoral maps are damn insane. These guys truly live in another reality. What will their reactions be once it is completely shattered on the 6th?

Obama's doing interviews for local TV stations in Iowa, Ohio, Wisconsin, Colorado, Nevada, North Carolina, and Florida. Jesus, does this man ever sleep?

I wouldn't be surprised if he just conks out for a couple days after giving his victory speech.

These electoral maps are damn insane. These guys truly live in another reality. What will their reactions be once it is completely shattered on the 6th?

Election fraud. There's no way the skewed guy says "Looks like my model was wrong, especially about Oregon/PA/MI and other solid blue states. I'll have to review my methodology." Nope.

He's aiming at Dick Morris' spot on Fox News. I look forward to his book next year...

teiresias

Geez, are these projection maps what happens when an entire political party has decided that science, mathematics, and statistics are on the level of wizarding seen in Harry Potter and hence not real?

RDreamer

Obama's doing interviews for local TV stations in Iowa, Ohio, Wisconsin, Colorado, Nevada, North Carolina, and Florida. Jesus, does this man ever sleep?

I wouldn't be surprised if he just conks out for a couple days after giving his victory speech.

Wow. Seems like Obama's going everywhere and getting on every show and interview he possibly can. What the hell is Romney doing?

Marvie_3

Banned
Sweet shit, these people don't live in anything resembling reality. Minnesota has not voted for a Republican since NIXON and that will continue, to bring up one of many very, very, very, very false and misguided projections.
Exactly. Anytime I see any projection with MN listed as a red state I laugh my ass off.

Best part about unskewed polls is that he unskews Rasmussen. Apparently, Ras is 4 points too good for Obama.

When you're saying Ras is 4 points too far left, you're an idiot. The guy knows nothing about statistics or polling or anything of the like. His explanation are nonsense.

I feel bad for Silver. He's been attacked by this hack. It's like Smush Parker talking trash on Kobe.

Amir0x

Banned
Best part about unskewed polls is that he unskews Rasmussen. Apparently, Ras is 4 points too good for Obama.

When you're saying Ras is 4 points too far left, you're an idiot. The guy knows nothing about statistics or polling or anything of the like. His explanation are nonsense.

I feel bad for Silver. He's been attacked by this hack. It's like Smush Parker talking trash on Kobe.

I don't feel bad for Silver. Because on election day, the smug smile he is going to wear on his face will be infinitely more rewarding than it otherwise would have been when he gets to essentially dance on the desecrated corpses of the endless far right "pundits" and their supposedly "righteous" attacks on the far left polling outfits.

Wow. Seems like Obama's going everywhere and getting on every show and interview he possibly can. What the hell is Romney doing?
Not interviews!

Election fraud. There's no way the skewed guy says "Looks like my model was wrong, especially about Oregon/PA/MI and other solid blue states. I'll have to review my methodology." Nope.

He's aiming at Dick Morris' spot on Fox News. I look forward to his book next year...
If Romney wins anyway he still gets to use it as proof that he was right the whole time, even if he misses a number of states in the interim.

Say, that seems like a great way of making money. Pull some numbers out of your ass, go online with a "model" and double down on whoever seems like the underdog in the election. If they pull out a win, it justifies your model! If they lose, your party will still point to your model to show that the election was rigged.

I'll do it in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom