• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

i was just asking a completely serious and honest question....
cheeky.gif
cheeky.gif

The Flop

Banned
Post the last song you played on Spotify/iTunes/RDIO/Youtube/
Tidal?

I'll go first. "Ship to Wreck" Florence + The Machine

Floppy Girls video snippets are out there they're being pulled down I'm angry and I haven't seen.

Details

4:21

2 dance breaks

There's a remix

Lots of dancing

Iggy gave us the Britney video we been needing for 2 eras

Help

Idec if it's a flop at this point the video will be everything

Some randoms hit me up in twitter about their podcast. I checked it out. The title of this episode caught my eye. So I gave her a listen. It was odd to hear
supposedly
straight
black
men talk openly and without derision. They even sing (
ibs08W15MRhuR6.gif
) the songs they like. They talk about, of course, Beyonce vs Rihanna, Leona Lewis
(mostly about how she was hot and they wanted to hit it)
, Amy Winehouse, Adele (briefly), Lauryn Hill and Aaliyah. It's not a bad podcast. Check it out.

ibHILceJl0yF4.gif

Meowster

It's sad how all the pop girls sans The Lord were destroyed these past three years. Guess Beyonce did alright with the acclaim and all but the snub at the Grammys was a huge sting. Katy Perry has ended, the Superbowl being the highlight of her career. GaGa's career in pop will never be what it used to be. ARTPOP drove her insane. R8 will never see the light of day and American Oxygen did worse than songs like G.U.Y. and Perfume. Madonna was crucified for Rebel Heart and kissing Drake. I'm not seeing much hope for the Iggy Azealia & Britney collab either..

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
It's sad how all the pop girls sans The Lord were destroyed these past three years. Guess Beyonce did alright with the acclaim and all but the snub at the Grammys was a huge sting. Katy Perry has ended, the Superbowl being the highlight of her career. GaGa's career in pop will never be what it used to be. ARTPOP drove her insane. R8 will never see the light of day and American Oxygen did worse than songs like G.U.Y. and Perfume. Madonna was crucified for Rebel Heart and kissing Drake. I'm not seeing much hope for the Iggy Azealia & Britney collab either..

but taylor didnt win any of the grammys she was nominated for
edit; and when is pretty girls video coming?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

thats why she is the queen of pop, sad that the oppressed like the boats
try so hard to deny it while their fave continues her downward spiral on iTunes
while only getting some relevancy from memes

jS6Cvo8.gif

Floridian

Even during her pre-"flop" era, Rih still manages to make the year all about her. She has everyone thirsting for her new album. Any day now can she drop something.

nS0YhaZ.gif

Frodo

Rebel Heart is inconsistent, but it has a few bops. Of we trimmed the fat it would have been on of the greatest.

Living for Love
Ghosttown
Joan of Arc
Body Shop
Hold Tight
Best Night
Addicted

Are all great, and there are other usable tracks like Bitch, I'm Madonna, Devil Pray and Holy Water, even Illuminati

It is not groundbreaking, and sometimes it feels too constricted by some pop writing/producing tropes, but it is still usable for the most part.

Not to mention it feels like they dropped some versions of the songs that were clearly superior because of the leak, so... There is that.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Rebel Heart is inconsistent, but it has a few bops. Of we trimmed the fat it would have been on of the greatest.

Living for Love
Ghosttown
Joan of Arc
Body Shop
Hold Tight
Best Night
Addicted

Are all great, and there are other usable tracks like Bitch, I'm Madonna, Devil Pray and Holy Water, even Illuminati

ctrl-f 'iconic'

ibnKNwJxYerVzA.gif

excuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom