• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Nothing particularly bad, some cute song, some forgettable. First three though (Sparks, My Kind and One in a Million) are the stand outs, I love them! Dunno why she left out All About You from the album, could have easily replaced one of the more forgettable tracks!

Anyone listened to the full Giorgio album? I started too quite late last night but then fell asleep.
It's not out until the 16th, right? Just checked Spotify and it's not there.

Went to see the Taylor last night. Pretty nice concert, a G rated Monster Ball. Loved the wrist bands that they provided. I never realized how young her fanbase really is. The average age has to be like 11. At 24 we were very old for the crowd.

Brhoom

Banned
idk about my faves getting #1s tho. If Mariah is anything to go by, success will only make them lazy, corpulent, divorced, and vocally-impaired.
I know right? The same thing happened to Christina, have you heard lotus? She said it herself she was not inspired when she made it, and she is divorced, and at time when her voice should flourish is deteriorating and she can't go over a C#5 without chocking and splattering her vocal chords, while Mariah is still Belting resonant F5's is still performing everywhere, finishing an album, movie ,another secret project and two tours in one year, she must be really lazy...
1fc039c556.gif

royalan

I know right? The same thing happened to Christina, have you heard lotus? She said it herself she was not inspired when she made it, and she is divorced, and at time when her voice should flourish is deteriorating and she can't go over a C#5 without chocking and splattering her vocal chords, while Mariah is still Belting resonant F5's is still performing everywhere, finishing an album, movie ,another secret project and two tours in one year, she must be really lazy...
1fc039c556.gif

Listen to this and be ashamed of yourself.

Meanwhile, Mariah is belting F5s? Resonant F5s? Sweetie, even her C5s are a damn struggle these days.

Mimi's voice is deader than Britney's knees.

canocha

Would have been a perfect song if it weren't for the "Me-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh" part. That one part makes the whole song sound from two years ago.

Is she working with ANY notable producers?

I think it mainly Toby Gad and for what i could find:

• Jim Eliot (Olly Murs, Kylie Minogue);
  • Autumn Rowe (Zendaya, Alexandra Burke);
  • Wayne Wilkins (Cheryl, Natasha Bedingfield);
  • TMS (Sinead Harnett, Emeli Sande).

edit:

I really like this! Anyway to get her album soon (legally) if I am in the US?

September 11th, but i don't know if the release date is worldwide or UK/Europe.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Still waiting LeonaLewisPortugal to upload the whole interview.

Graham Norton's always has good chemistry with Leona.

wait when did she do an interview with graham?
On his radio show?

Touchdown

Banned
What is over-riffing?

I swear you lambs make up terms on the fly to come for Xtina.
I can't speak for the good sis, but if I were to guess, I'd say the term refers to the excessive use of runs, grunts, and ornaments that lack any sense of musicality or intent beyond "I can
(on a rare good day)
so I should."

just a guess~

p9vAfDCTTXW3J5ilyqdH_Qy59fY5.gif

Brhoom

Banned

Listen to this and be ashamed of yourself.

Meanwhile, Mariah is belting F5s? Resonant F5s? Sweetie, even her C5s are a damn struggle these days.

Mimi's voice is deader than Britney's knees.
That videos proved everything I said, foggy, weak low notes and throaty upper register, and I love how she claims that her notes are raspy LOL more strain than rasp and rasp can damage your voice so I guess she is trying to destroy it as fast as she can.

Coming for vision of love? The best debut song by a female artist? The song that started every female career after it? The song that to this day is remembered worldwide by everyone? The song that made every Jamaican in 2015 sing along with her when she performed it there?
469817ccb0.gif

Now enjoy these performances by Mariah Carey and hear for the first time in your life what a singer with a good sense of pitch sounds like.
http://youtu.be/lzM_zAJKh9I
http://youtu.be/p3YjEuhyBfk
I love Christina and she is my fav after Mariah, but I don't understand why people come for Mariah when their fav is MILES behind Mariah in terms of vocal ability.

royalan

I can't speak for the good sis, but if I were to guess, I'd say the term refers to the excessive use of runs, grunts, and ornaments that lack any sense of musicality or intent beyond "I can
(on a rare good day)
so I should."

just a guess~

p9vAfDCTTXW3J5ilyqdH_Qy59fY5.gif

And who decides this? Y'all?

Please explain how her grunts in that performance I linked lack musicality. She's completely on key and on the melody.

I define runs and grunts as being "excessive" when they cause a singer to fall off key and lose the melody (case in point, Mariah Carey WHENEVER she sings Vision of Love these days), not just when a singer I don't like does them. Y'all better sip some tea.

Brhoom

Banned
Ok guys I have a question/game type of thing.
What if someone asked you who is (your fave)? And you can only make him listen to only one song from him/her to make him know your fave.
That song must be unique to the artist that when he listen to it it doesn't compare to other songs or does make him remember another artist.
So who is leona Lewis?

3phemeral

What is over-riffing?

I swear you lambs make up terms on the fly to come for Xtina.

Translation:

Say now
You know you done me wrong babe
Anewy soo saaaahAHahAHahAHahAH someday

ooohOOOHooooHHooh!
The thrill is gawwwwbbabe
The thrill is goooOOOHooooHooohawoohhawoooh frum may

Sumawa thwill is gawwwn bay!
Thuh thwill is gooawwwAWWawAWWWaww
Oh yeah yeah yeah hee!

You know I'm fwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww eeeh nooooowaaaaaah
I'm fweeeeeeeeeeeeeeyYYEEEEyeeehYYYEEyeeehYEEEyeeehyYEEEeee yeeeee yeee yeee yeeee fwom yohh seeelllllllleellEELLellllEELLLellleellll
I'm feeel feel feeel feeel feel feeel oooh oooh ooh OOOH OOOH OOOH
Fweee fwom yooooOOHoohOOHooHoHH seeehfff

Sayeeee eee eeeh, dah!

Alyaican, Alyaican, Alyaican OhOHoh, OhOHoh, OhOHoh, OhOHoh, OhOHoh, OhOHoh, OhOHohCAN doooooooooooooooooooooooOOHoohOOH
Is weeeesh OOOH
Woooah oh oh oh oh
Oh oh yeah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah

Like, what is she even saying?

royalan

Translation:

Say now

ooohOOOHooooHHooh!

Oh yeah yeah yeah hee!

I'm fweeeeeeeeeeeeeeyYYEEEEyeeehYYYEEyeeehYEEEyeeehyYEEEeee yeeeee yeee yeee yeeee fwom yohh seeelllllllleellEELLellllEELLLellleellll

Sayeeee eee eeeh, dah!

Alyaican, Alyaican, Alyaican OhOHoh, OhOHoh, OhOHoh, OhOHoh, OhOHoh, OhOHoh, OhOHohCAN doooooooooooooooooooooooOOHoohOOH
Is weeeesh OOOH
Woooah oh oh oh oh

Nothing that you just typed.

This is like when gaffers get mad at people for using slang.

3phemeral

And who decides this? Y'all?

Please explain how her grunts in that performance I linked lack musicality. She's completely on key and on the melody.

I define runs and grunts as being "excessive" when they cause a singer to fall off key and lose the melody (case in point, Mariah Carey WHENEVER she sings Vision of Love these days), not just when a singer I don't like does them. Y'all better sip some tea.

Or also because you can't even understand what she's even saying, something you like to point out when Ariana sings, isn't it?

Majmun

Translation:

Say now

ooohOOOHooooHHooh!

Oh yeah yeah yeah hee!

Sayeeee eee eeeh, dah!

Is weeeesh OOOH
Woooah oh oh oh oh

iD0zcTFOg17qX.gif

royalan

3phemeral

Christina enunciates perfectly in that song. Her vocals are a far cry from mushmouth.

But what about your fave? She may be able to squeak out a high note on a full moon, but she hasn't been able to sing an actual verse without going flat, falling off melody, and generally sounding like her voice needs a glass of ovaltine please.

I don't have an issue with accepting when Mariah is a vocal mess but please, admit when yours is.

9Vf5dr

Xtina hasn't had a good live performance since Bionic's VH1 Storytellers.

3phemeral

3phemeral

hey Roy sis, my fave sis
kiss.gif

oh, a literal joke performance
she's can't sing live unless she's parodying herself

umJOUD5.gif
Sis, as if this could ever be taken seriously:

Say now

ooohOOOHooooHHooh!

Oh yeah yeah yeah hee!

Sayeeee eee eeeh, dah!

Is weeeesh OOOH
Woooah oh oh oh oh

VJn2gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom