• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at a meeting right now and I'm trying so hard not to laugh out loud at an album being discounted on Grindr

But is the album good?
90% of it was co-produced with Toby Gad, the soulless husk responsible for milquetoast tripe like "If I Were A Boy" and "All of Me"

That should tell you just about how adventurous the album is, I suppose :-\

Leona's vocals are on point though (when the sub-par mastering doesn't fail ha, at least)

90% of it was co-produced with Toby Gad, the soulless husk responsible for milquetoast tripe like "If I Were A Boy" and "All of Me"

That should tell you just about how adventurous the album is, I suppose :-\

Leona's vocals are on point though (when the sub-par mastering doesn't fail ha, at least)

Aw, are you disappointed with it sis? :(

I did love Thunder and Fire Under My Feet though.

Aw, are you disappointed with it sis? :(

I did love Thunder and Fire Under My Feet though.
I mean, Glassheart was uneven ("Lovebird" and "When It Hurts" and "Trouble" are disastrous), but it had a boldness to it. Listen to tracks like Sugar or Glassheart or Come Alive or Shake You Up.

I Am shows tons of growth in terms of her lyrical content and vocal delivery, but the songwriting itself is so safe compared to Glassheart's melodically experimental energy. So yes, slightly disappointed.

Also, some songs sound immediately dated (which makes sense because most of the album was written in 2012).

still better than your faves' output this year tbh

giphy.gif

I mean, Glassheart was uneven ("Lovebird" and "When It Hurts" and "Trouble" are disastrous), but it had a boldness to it. Listen to tracks like Sugar or Glassheart or Come Alive or Shake You Up.

I Am shows tons of growth in terms of her lyrical content and vocal delivery, but the songwriting itself is so safe compared to Glassheart's melodically experimental energy. So yes, slightly disappointed.

Also, some songs sound immediately dated (which makes sense because most of the album was written in 2012).

still better than your faves' output this year tbh

giphy.gif

I loved Glassheart, so I'll give this a listen.

And joke's on you coz my faves haven't released any albums so far this year. Honeymoon is coming up but the singles so far..................

AkNJBJx.gif

B-Dex

Mau ®;179027918 said:
Monsters don't need much to be impressed. See: ARTPOP.

At least Gaga can release albums. Star in a hit TV show. Tour with Tony Bennett etc... While your fav farts out another pharmacy fragrance.

5huJ2ER.gif

Floridian

At least Gaga can release albums. Star in a hit TV show. Tour with Tony Bennett etc... While your fav farts out another pharmacy fragrance.

5huJ2ER.gif

Rihanna was featured in a hit animated movie earlier this year, going to later appear on The Voice, currently rehearsing for her Rock in Rio performance, and is behind the scenes working on songs. Continue with the perfume promo though

5huJ2ER.gif

Mau ®

Rihanna was featured in a hit animated movie earlier this year, going to later appear on The Voice, currently rehearsing for her Rock in Rio performance, and is behind the scenes working on songs. Continue with the perfume promo though

5huJ2ER.gif

Don't forget making fashion brands see a fantastic spike in their sales

5huJ2ER.gif

Mau ®

But let's talk about actual pop artists, shall we?

Like the way Ariana won America back just by doing Xtina & Britney better than they ever could. Moonlight will destroy.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom