• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowster

This Tidal shenanigan needs to die. It is sad to see Beyonce trying to destroy Rihanna by suggesting her to be the guinea pig for Jay-Z's (soon to be butchered) project. It's just going to bring about more piracy lol.

rhandino

Banned
Mau ®;159121303 said:
The Ghostown video is also TIDAL exclusivé, IIRC.

Not like anyone cares though.

It is? LOL

tGvPih8.gif

And maybe we are sinners
But lovin' ain't no crime
I'll get you through the check points
I'll drive us through the night
You know i'll keep your secret
I've locked it up inside
As long as we are moving
Yeah I know it'll be alright
Yeah I know it'll be alright

iU26S9DB2DTHx.gif

Mau ®

What's this I'm reading about I NEVER LEARN being disappointing?

It's the break-up album of our generation!!
After Ghost Stories

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
tumblr_inline_nmbkabtKaG1qar7kt_500.png

Drag a bit Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
d3d10ba609e258a622775a97cc955db7.jpg

Also when is Robyn dropping new music? I need something new from ha.
EPcuD0F.gif

BREAKING NEWS

Jay-Z politely demanded Rihanna to trasH everything and re-record R8

These music videos are just fodder for the thirsty

it is known

iU26S9DB2DTHx.gif

rhandino

Banned
Enjoy your nap.

ibpBQ1FkFYaRzQ.gif

fliMFfI.gif

Well, Souled Out is very... artsy? I liked "W.A.Y.S.", "Spotless Mind", "Eternal Sunshine" and "Brave" but the entire thing is like a blur.

I liked the production in some of the songs and how soothing is the album as a whole doe.

---

EDIT: Oh, it seems is not happening =/

DOWN

Banned
Wouldn't artists make less money by putting ther album on only one service? Well, I guess it'll lead to hefty contracts with the labels. But no fans will like it. Rise of the Tomb Raider

3phemeral

Wouldn't artists make less money by putting ther album on only one service? Well, I guess it'll lead to hefty contracts with the labels. But no fans will like it. Rise of the Tomb Raider
I imagine they're doing it for the long term. I mean, this would probably be a slam dunk if it were the only service of its kind where there weren't any free alternatives. They'll be earning royalties from people who buy the album anyway and for those who want to just listen to it (and given that some of the biggest, currently relevant artists have signed exclusivity deals with Tidal), if those exclusives are good enough they'll force more people to want to stream solely from them. And if there's a large amount of people paying monthly and streaming their music, they could be making money, I suppose.

I mean, speaking ideally they could potentially be making more money but I don't see a huge enough incentive that would convince people to bite.

I'm betting the exclusivity is only temporary until they can jump start their subscription counts. Don't think any of them would be so crazy to lose out on that much money in the far future.

Never tired, never tired
I been sipping, that's the only thing that's keeping me on fire, me on fire
Didn't mean to spill that liquor all on my attire
I've been drinking watermelon
I want your body right here, daddy I want you, right now
Can't keep your eyes off my fatty
Daddy I want you

giphy.gif

Man, Drunk In Love is still so good. Minus Jay's unfortunate verse.

Bladenic

drunk in love, grown woman, standing on the sun country club remix, and yonce are the only songs that had longevity for me. although i heard drunk in love a few days ago since forever and it didn't do anything for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom