• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Let me go listen to a Lana song

tumblr_nhk6fkohJw1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

kinda irrelevant but if there's one thing I don't like about Marina it's that she's always so literal when it comes to writing "deep" songs

Like Savages is good because of the melody but the lyrics are kind of trash

I was listening to a few track by tracks by her as well and she was saying that she gets so many ideas for songs from headlines and sentences in the news and stuff and then puts those in the songs
f5YRn6M.jpg

which is why we end up with stuff like this:
One man can build a bomb
Another run a race
To save somebody’s life and have it blow up in his face
which she said was literally taken from a news article about the Boston bombing.

it just comes off as slightly cringe-worthy + faux deep.

Saw Kyary Pamyu Pamyu last year in Sydney and it was the most fun I've ever had at a concert. Drag a bit 姫

Also I'm going to a touring festival next month that's headlined by Charli XMXCMXCMLVII, lemme give her another chance.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Get ready for Lana's 17 week #1 hit!

Q-TIP: What are you doing in L.A.?

Mark RONSON: I'm going to do some recording with Lana Del Rey today and tomorrow. I found this cool old studio out here.

Q-TIP: Are you producing?

RONSON: I don't know. She has some songs and I said I had some demo ideas, and if they are any good, then maybe she'll like them and we'll go from there.

x

Mau ®

I want you to know
That it's our time
You and me
Bleed the same light
I want you to know
That I'm all yours

Zeddlena is everything, aren't they? *.*

Mau ®;159185170 said:
I want you to know
That it's our time
You and me
Bleed the same light
I want you to know
That I'm all yours

Zeddlena is everything, aren't they? *.*

Everything vile and abhorrent about modern mainstream pop?

ia.

Mau ®

Ari is beautiful, talented and her last album is better than their faves output. I can see why there's hatred in everything she does.

In the end everybody here is perched for #Ari3

rhandino

Banned
I don't really like ha but I think that joke was pretty funny

not here for this unwarranted hatred tbh

ifFW6rNyNRpGq.gif
I don't hate ha in particular and I boppped a little to "Problem", I'm just scared of her audience =P

ifFW6rNyNRpGq.gif

Mau ®;159226399 said:
Ari is beautiful, talented and her last album is better than their faves output. I can see why there's hatred in everything she does.

In the end everybody here is perched for #Ari3
ifFW6rNyNRpGq.gif

Mau ®;159227803 said:
WHY is it SO FLAWLESS? Right?

Breh, the lack of a true Rhat banger is messing with your mind.

I Want You To Know is one of the biggest pieces of trash to be produced in the last five years. Easily. Break Free won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom