• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I05NOPn.jpg

THIS IMAGE IS EVERYTHING

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
selena has multiple bops
stars dance is great
heart wants what it wants is a slay
i want you to know is cute

im here for ha

rhandino

Banned
I'm wondering, what is wrong with "I Want you To Know"? The only thing I can think right now is that it sounds like a LOT of songs of the past 2 years, or are the lyrics bad? I never payed it attention.

It's a cute forgettable song
Just like Selena herself
tbh

Floridian

I'm wondering, what is wrong with "I Want you To Know"? The only thing I can think right now is that it sounds like a LOT of songs of the past 2 years, or are the lyrics bad? I never payed it attention.

It's a cute forgettable song
Just like Selena herself/SPOILER] tbh
It sounds outdated

Mau ®

There is absolutely nothing wrong with "I Want You To Know":

The lyrics are majestic and speak directly to the soul

The autotune heightens Selena's emotional delivery

The production has several layers of textures that keep you coming back for more.

It's perfect.

Stale, outdated production, generic dance break taken straight from EDM 101, and the complete lack of any gripping melody. Not to mention Selener's "vocals."

Pure excrement.

rhandino

Banned
Mau ®;159251293 said:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with "I Want You To Know":

The lyrics are majestic and speak directly to the soul

The autotune heightens Selena's emotional delivery

The production has several layers of textures that keep you coming back for more.

It's perfect.

Stale, outdated production, generic dance break taken straight from EDM 101, and the complete lack of any gripping melody. Not to mention Selener's "vocals."

Pure excrement.

i2BeqBf.gif

3phemeral

I often wondered if Christina had taken her career as seriously as Beyonce if she'd be contending with her in the pop game in the same way that Beyonce's considered a triple threat. Certainly had potential to compete. Now she's relegated to spinning chairs and watching other people try to make a career for themselves.

In other voice news: Sia performs Elastic Heart. I prefer how she sounded on Ellen, but there was nothing bad about it. Nothing outstanding either, for her caliber at least.

Hmmm... Lowell Oakley just auto-played after Sia. Pitchy as hell but I kinda wanna say that shorty can get it.

NyAJzd

rhandino

Banned
I'm kind of torn about Sia.

In one hand I love Elastic Heart, Chandelier and Fire Meet Gasoline BUT in the other hand I can't stand most of her live performances (the only one I truly liked was the one during the Grammys and I attribute that to the imagery) and 1000 Forms of Fear was not what I expected and didn't liked most of the songs, hell I liked more that song in South Park than most of the songs on the album.

Maybe I was not in the mood, let me give it another listen.

aRuhzA

Beyoncé, Kelly & Michelle are reportedly hitting the road for a 10-year reunion tour — but don’t call it a Destiny’s Child reunion!
According to Daily Mail, the ladies won’t be able to tour under that name.

via VH1:

Beyonce’s father and former manager, Matthew Knowles, owns a quarter of Destiny’s Child. None of the ladies, including Beyonce, wants anything to do with him. In order to tour and record an album without owing Knowles a dime, the group can’t use the name Destiny’s Child.

At the Stellar Gospel Awards, the ladies performed simply as themselves. Two years after their surprise 2013 Super Bowl Halftime Show performance together, Beyonce and Kelly joined Michelle on stage for an unexpected choir-like opening to the show. The trio performed “Alpha & Omega” and “Say Yes” from Michelle’s Journey to Freedom album.

That could explain why Michelle Williams was so adamant about not calling their reunion at The Stellar Awards a ‘Destiny’s Child’ reunion.

We’re totally here for a DC3 tour. It’s about time.

3phemeral

I'm kind of torn about Sia.

In one hand I love Elastic Heart, Chandelier and Fire Meet Gasoline BUT in the other hand I can't stand most of her live performances (the only one I truly liked was the one during the Grammys and I attribute that to the imagery) and 1000 Forms of Fear was not what I expected and didn't liked most of the songs, hell I liked more that song in South Park than most of the songs on the album.

Maybe I was not in the mood, let me give it another listen.

aRuhzA

I'm so over when she has that little girl perform for her. I mean, I would be fine if she continued to perform I suppose, but the routines are pretty much carbon copies of previous performances. The weird, silly face contortions and those incessant finger-in-mouth gestures pull me completely out of whatever message she's conveying.

As for her not showing her face, when you're an emotional singer like Sia, a lot is lost when you don't have the capacity to connect with the artist that's singing. You want to see them emote and all of that is completely lost. On the other hand, I understand that in this day and age of fans not being able to get enough of their favorite artist that she'd want to be able to control her image so that she controls if people can recognize her. Most the population who are exposed to her music won't take the effort of Googling her face so it's not like they'll know when they see her shopping organic in the relatively recently gentrified and totally hipster Sunset street of Echo Park, CA. So controlling her image on venues that will make it her face easily recognizable to the general populace are things that I understand from her POV.

I agree with your assessment about 1000 FoF. There's a certain hollowness to the songs that lack the depth of her previous work. They're solid pop tracks but in the search of that wider appeal, she's lost the power of songs like Breathe Me, Soon We'll Be Found, Blow It All Away, I Go To Sleep. I was hoping for something on that same level and she kind of scrapes by Eye of the Needle and Dressed In Black but DIB is so woefully long, I skip it almost every time I reach the end. And this is coming from someone who loves when an artist indulges in an emotion and milks it to High Heaven (
Hello, Tamia, I'm talking to you and your flawless If I Were You outro
).

BTW, I made a Google+ page with all the gifs I made (Google+ seems to load fast without any issues). I included a shortened url for the gif in each pictures description. I'm still organizing and redoing some older stuff for more HQ realness but it's taking a while (sorry, Touchdown, I lost my Cintiq stylus and am desperately looking for it to finish up some stuff I've been meaning to do).

Driver roll up the partition please
I don't need you seeing Yonce on her knees
Took 45 minutes to get all dressed up
We ain't even gonna make it to this club
Now my mascara running, red lipstick smudged
Oh he so horny, he want to fuck
He bucked all my buttons, he ripped my blouse
He Monica Lewinski all on my gown

iDfEgIY5dg628.gif

Oh there daddy, d-daddy didn't bring the towel
Oh baby, b-baby we slow it down

iEPdRtXlNE4Ld.gif

Take all of me
I just wanna be the girl you like, girl you like
The kind of girl you like, girl you like
Take all of me
The kinda girl you like
Is right here with me

iMVvEB2HzLTcC.gif

3phemeral

iDfEgIY5dg628.gif

Oh there daddy, d-daddy didn't bring the towel

iEPdRtXlNE4Ld.gif

Take all of me
Take all of me
The kinda girl you like
Is right here with me

iMVvEB2HzLTcC.gif
Sexually liberated chanteuse.

NyAJzd

rude

Banned

http://i.minus.com/iDfEgIY5dg628.gif[IMG]
[I]Oh there daddy, d-daddy didn't bring the towel
We ain't even gonna make it to this club[/I]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iEPdRtXlNE4Ld.gif[IMG]
[I]Take all of me
Take all of me
The kinda girl you like
Is right here with me[/I]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iMVvEB2HzLTcC.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
This is just so...so trashy. As a woman, I'd never conduct myself this way - for my husband or otherwise.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It took me a moment to come around but I think ultraviolence is better than born to die. Not as catchy or house remix ready but a much more powerful record. Pure Lana distilled.

rude

Banned
Can't tell if this is misogynistic or not? Reported anyway.
It took me a moment to come around but I think ultraviolence is better than born to die. Not as catchy or house mix ready but a much more powerful record.
Florida Kilos > literally everything Lana has ever done ever. It makes me scream every f*cking time. My genitalia is so moist just thinking about it. I'm perchedT for Honeymoon. It's going to be BTD except with ULTRAVIOLENCE's cinematic production imo tbqh etc?

It took me a moment to come around but I think ultraviolence is better than born to die. Not as catchy or house remix ready but a much more powerful record. Pure Lana distilled.
Born To Die has way more variety than Ultraviolence tho

but whatever, I love both of them to death and can't wait for honeymoon.

rude

Banned
Why do you hate other women tho? Rita Ora being a prime example.

In the words of Taylor Swift:

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/3/6/9/enhanced-buzz-17725-1362580999-0.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I don't hate women, but I do hate [ r e d a c t e d ]! Rita Ora is the definition of an utter [ r e d a c t e d ]. She is having sex with a MARRIED MAN for b-movie roles!

Taylor is also a [ r e d a c t e d ]! She's with a new man every night; it's just unbecoming of someone like her.

rude

Banned
BTD's best song is Bel Air btw etc. I feel like that serng is really slept on whenever someone mentions that alber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom