• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

The 20 Best Albums of the 2010s (So Far)

20. Lana Del Rey, Born To Die
19. James Blake, James Blake
18. Mumford & Sons, Sigh No More
17. Jason Aldean, My Kinda Party
No. 16: Lorde, Pure Heroine
15. Disclosure, Settle
14. Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience (Part I)
13. Kacey Musgraves, Same Trailer, Different Park
12. Taylor Swift, Red
11. Vampire Weekend, Modern Vampires of the City
10. Bon Iver, Bon Iver
9. Daft Punk, Random Access Memories
8. Jay Z & Kanye West, Watch The Throne
7. Arcade Fire, The Suburbs
6. Drake, Take Care
5. Kendrick Lamar, good kid, m.A.A.d city
4. Frank Ocean, Channel Orange
3. Katy Perry, Prism
2. Christina Aguilera, Lotus
1. Lady Gaga, Artpop

Aguila

#ICONIC
The 20 Best Albums of the 2010s (So Far)

20. Lana Del Rey, Born To Die
19. James Blake, James Blake
18. Mumford & Sons, Sigh No More
17. Jason Aldean, My Kinda Party
No. 16: Lorde, Pure Heroine
15. Disclosure, Settle
14. Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience (Part I)
13. Kacey Musgraves, Same Trailer, Different Park
12. Taylor Swift, Red
11. Vampire Weekend, Modern Vampires of the City
10. Bon Iver, Bon Iver
9. Daft Punk, Random Access Memories
8. Jay Z & Kanye West, Watch The Throne
7. Arcade Fire, The Suburbs
6. Drake, Take Care
5. Kendrick Lamar, good kid, m.A.A.d city
4. Frank Ocean, Channel Orange
3. Katy Perry, Prism
2. Christina Aguilera, Lotus
1. Lady Gaga, Artpop

.....I was about to go awf on billboard

and what is this mess

best-albums-of-2010-lana-del-rey-billboard-650x650.jpg

rude

Banned
trotting out what's probably the most racist sham of an awards show the entertainment industry propagates? how predicatable. i'd say you were trolling, but i don't think a troll would knowledgeably make themselves seem so dense?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Either Living for Love could grow on me or it just doesn't go in hard enough. I can't tell.

Living For Love sounds like a modernized Like A Prayer. The best of the 6 songs off Rebel Heart imo, I think it would make a great lead single/video.

Bladenic

trotting out what's probably the most racist sham of an awards show the entertainment industry propagates? how predicatable. i'd say you were trolling, but i don't think a troll would knowledgeably make themselves seem so dense?

If they were racist would beyonce have all those grammies?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Had two of my friends bring up how good Gaga looks without make up this evening
XG08sgs.jpg

Slay a bit

Also found some closet Madonna and Kylie stans. All whilst playing Yahtzee. Strange evening.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Gaga's always been gorgeous, she looks great dressed down. People trash her looks thinking it's all makeup when it isn't. Mind you I do love her high fashion crazy out there looks so much but I think she looks especially nice when casual and out with Taylor. Cutest celeb couple let's be real:

999826_600.jpg

Zutroy

I've been working my way through a list that a blog posted of their top 50 albums of 2014. Got to around 40 and encountered Chris Brown. I was going to skip it on principle because I think the guy is scum and doesn't deserve attention, but decided to listen anyway just so I complete the list...

...I actually like quite a lot of the album. I feel torn.

tumblr_nafnxxntiG1qenrvwo2_400.gif

Gaga's always been gorgeous, she looks great dressed down. People trash her looks thinking it's all makeup when it isn't. Mind you I do love her high fashion crazy out there looks so much but I think she looks especially nice when casual and out with Taylor. Cutest celeb couple let's be real:

999826_600.jpg

He is so hot I can't even handle it ;_____;!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I've been working my way through a list that a blog posted of their top 50 albums of 2014. Got to around 40 and encountered Chris Brown. I was going to skip it on principle because I think the guy is scum and doesn't deserve attention, but decided to listen anyway just so I complete the list...

in a case like this piracy is the way
or spotify works out about the same

enigmatic_alex44

Yeah it's the same way I feel about Broke With Expensive Taste. I mean despite Azaelia's wizard nonsense on twitter and recent outbursts, it REALLY is an excellent album. Ice Princess, Soda, 212, etc...It's just so hard to separate the art from the artist. In Chris Brown's case I can't do it though.

He is so hot I can't even handle it ;_____;!

Haha right BB???!! I mean I don't watch Chicago Fire for the PLOT *drool.gif*

Yeah it's the same way I feel about Broke With Expensive Taste. I mean despite Azaelia's wizard nonsense on twitter and recent outbursts, it REALLY is an excellent album. Ice Princess, Soda, 212, etc...It's just so hard to separate the art from the artist. In Chris Brown's case I can't do it though.

Haha right BB???!! I mean I don't watch Chicago Fire for the PLOT *drool.gif*

O/////O I know exactly what you mean..!
toUcEg8.jpg

enigmatic_alex44

Living For Love is excellent sans the weird filter on Madead's voice for the first verse. Def. a huge improvement from MDN/A.

I'm curious, where would you place MDNA in Madge's discog Meowster? I'd say it's at least better than her debut (not Immaculate I mean) and better than Hard Candy. And a little better than American Life though AL has higher highs.

O/////O I know exactly what you mean..!
toUcEg8.jpg

Haha! I mean....

taylor-kinney.jpg

tumblr_inline_ndb3y92se61rn0045.gif

Meowster

I'm curious, where would you place MDNA in Madge's discog Meowster? I'd say it's at least better than her debut (not Immaculate I mean) and better than Hard Candy. And a little better than American Life though AL has higher highs.
Bedtime Stories
Ray of Light
Erotica
Music
Confessions on a Dancefloor
Like A Prayer
True Blue
Hard Candy
Madonna
Like A Virgin
MDN/A

I haven't listened to American Life in full yet soooo I can't completely put that in here just yet. Really don't like MDNA, though it's tour is kinda everything and has amazing imagery. The top three are SET though and no one can convince me otherwise (aside from occasionally putting Ray of Light in first and swapping it with BS). Sanctuary to Bedtime Story to Take A Bow is probably one of the best three punches in any of her albums tbh.

Anyways, don't really think Taylor Kinney is attractive (kinda screams douche to me) but I'm glad GaGa is having a wonderful time. He kinda doesn't give her the best inspiration (sans the empowering ballad Dope, the most critically acclaimed song by the Marry The Night hitmaker since ALEJANDRO).

rude

Banned
Did I wander into the LGBTQ thread? Mess.

Anyway I'm disliking e=mc2 more and more day by day. My love for memoirs is...growing.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Absolutely, she kept me on my toes. I'd love for her to return, if only so I can drag her for Rebel Shart's lack of impact.

Our stan war actually spilled over to PMs. Perhaps one day I will do a "Janet vs. Madonna: The Lost Episode" or something...

Wait I missed this. I would love to see this mess.

No @ that list not including BTW. Literally the best thing Gaga has ever released, and better than anything the recent pop gals have released.
The fact that it topped so many year end lists but is now being paid dust says a lot about how people turned on ha.

Also I'm really into Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner. Idk why but it's a bop.

royalan

ARTPOP will always be known as the era where Gaga's career went to die.

But BTW is the true murderer. Outside of a few iconic tracks, what a fucking mess of an album. And it's the era that made everyone sick of Gaga's gimmicks.

royalan

I don't know if anyone else here is a Sara Bareilles fan (and this might be old news to you guys) but her live cover of Chandelier gives me insane goosebumps every time X____X

You know what? I actually like Sara Bareilles. I thought I wouldn't like her because I fucking HATED "Love Song" after 67756352787392786437 time I heard it. But she's actually talented and makes decent albums. She was also my favorite judge on The Sing Off.

I enjoyed her EP Once Upon Another Time, particularly this song. I love how it kinda morphs into Madonna's "Frozen" midway through.

And her rendition of Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay is up there for me (there's an EVEN BETTER live version she does that plays on my Spotify a lot, but I couldn't find it).

You know what? I actually like Sara Bareilles. I thought I wouldn't like her because I fucking HATED "Love Song" after 67756352787392786437 time I heard it. But she's actually talented and makes decent albums. She was also my favorite judge on The Sing Off.

I enjoyed her EP Once Upon Another Time, particularly this song.

And her rendition of Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay is up there for me (there's an EVEN BETTER live version she does that plays on my Spotify a lot, but I couldn't find it).

Ah I'm so happy there's another fan in here!! :) She is insanely talented! Although I will agree that Love Song isn't one of her best songs!

Her first EP was one of my favorites as well!! :) My favorite on it is this one!

OH MAN! I've seen her cover of Sittin' on the dock of the bay!! What a voice :')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom