• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Who keeps trotting out the same video to "prove" ha point? Weren't you lambasting people for the same thing but disproving your point?this hypocrisy.

Is this even English? ....

That shows you never clicked on the links. I posted a few different ones. I don't lambast people hun. Remain bothered tho.
35352a1486.gif

But anyway, She looks amazing!!!! This video is so gifworthy!!!! Bayonetta I need your gifmaking services again.
971600d3.gif

crying1.gif

this song is everything that is true and beautiful about my life right now

but i can't listen to it again

crying1.gif

She looked freaking amazing in that maid's outfit!

I wish she'd ditch the whole middle-parted beach hair thing she's been doing for years now (Beyonce too...) because when she's got a little asymmetric side-bang action going on, she looks much younger.

Can't wait to hear her do "Someday" after all these years~

Touchdown

Banned
She looked freaking amazing in that maid's outfit!

I wish she'd ditch the whole middle-parted beach hair thing she's been doing for years now (Beyonce too...) because when she's got a little asymmetric side-bang action going on, she looks much younger.

Can't wait to hear her do "Someday" after all these years~

Does she even remember the lyrics to Thank God I Found You? I'll be perched fo sho.

crying1.gif

Vazduh

G.R.L. - Lighthouse (official video)

Another Dr. Luke-produced single, but this time it's not a cheery song, since it's a tribute to Simone Battle.

It must have been really uncomfortable for the girls to both record the song and the video, because it's been only a couple of months since Simone's death.

Especially this part
, which was a bit unnecessary, if you ask me

ZWz8PNM.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
becky g was played at predrinks last night and at some point I fell over and fucked up my chin
the curse is real

rude

Banned
Memoirs of An Imperfect Angel is officially a slé. It's a Wrap, Candy Bling, The Impossible, Obsessed, Up Out My Face >>>>>>>*. Music Box and E=MC2 are now ranked as her worst for me. It is known.

I mean...the lyricism is jus{T}

I'm the same mimi
Fame ain't changed me
Butterfly flow
Like Mohamed Ali
Wish I can bring you back
Like the O.D.B
Thinkin bout the world
Plus me you and Jack
No mather what I do
Well the memories are stacked
Thinkin 10th grade
Thinkin bout eleven
When you went doggy fresh
All the way to heaven heaven heaven

And no super glue can fix this shit
When I break I break I break
Not even a welder and a builder could rebuild this shit
When I break I break I break
Not even a nail technician with a whole lot of gel and acrylic
Can fix this when I break, I break
If we were two Lego blocks
Even the Harvard University graduating class of 2010
Couldn't put us back together again

And now I love you like sunsets, bubble baths on the jet
Love you like Kool Aid, Louis Millionaire shades
Love you like Sugar Daddies, love like a pimp caddy
Love like a holiday, Duncan Hines, yellow cake

Love you like it's 5 am and I'm off work
Love you like Louboutin heels and a miniskirt
Love you like an Asscher cut pink and white engagement ring
Love you like laying in the bed, bumping Jodeci

Who else? This album is [ s i m p l y ] SLEPT ON.
927.gif

Touchdown

Banned
AS VEGAS, Jan. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Mariah Carey, the iconic chanteuse and best-selling female artist of all time with over 200 million records sold, is coming to Las Vegas with a headlining residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace. For the first time ever, she will perform all 18 of her timeless and beloved Number One Hits together in one concert. Designed exclusively for The Colosseum, the production will also feature fan-favorite album cuts, never-before-performed selections and many more musical surprises.

Mariah announced the exciting news today on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where she surprised the entire studio audience with tickets to her Las Vegas show and a hotel stay at Caesars Palace.

"I have so many ideas for the show that I'm currently working on and am excited to perform all of my #1 singles together for the first time and others that are very close to my heart," said Mariah. "My songs are the soundtrack of my life and I can't wait to share them with my fans on stage!"

"Vision of Love," "Hero," "Fantasy," "We Belong Together" and "Touch My Body" to name a few, are among Mariah's 18 songs to reach #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, a feat that has not been achieved by any other solo artist in music history.

In celebration of Mariah's groundbreaking record, and in tandem with the concert series, Mariah is working on a new edition of her worldwide best-selling album "#1's." Set to include all 18 of her number one hits, along with newly recorded music, the album will be released later this year.

Mariah Carey is the best-selling female artist of all time with more than 200 million albums sold to date and 18 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles (17 self-penned), more than any solo artist in history. Mariah is a singer/songwriter/producer recognized with multiple Grammy Awards, 21 American Music Awards, Billboard's "Artist of the Decade" Award, the World Music Award for "World's Best Selling Female Artist of the Millennium," and BMI's "Icon Award" for her outstanding achievements in songwriting, to name a few – with her distinct five-octave vocal range, prolific songwriting, and producing talent, Mariah is truly the template of the modern pop performance.

Mariah Carey's ongoing impact transcends the music industry to leave an indelible imprint upon the world at large. Mariah Carey made her entrée into the world of independent film with her breakthrough performance for her role in "WiseGirls" starring alongside Academy Award winner Mira Sorvino and Melora Walters. In 2009, she was recognized with the Breakthrough Performance Award at the Palm Spring International Film Festival for her critically acclaimed role in Lee Daniel's "Precious" and most recently appeared in his latest stellar ensemble piece "The Butler" (2013).

A Congressional Award recipient, Mariah has generously donated her time and energy to a range of philanthropic causes near to her heart including Save the Music, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, World Hunger Relief, and the Elton John AIDS Foundation, among many others. A tremendous supporter of children's charities, both domestic and international, Mariah founded Camp Mariah in partnership with the Fresh Air Fund, a retreat for inner city children to explore career development. In May 2014, Mariah released her critically-acclaimed new album, "Me. I Am Mariah…the Elusive Chanteuse" (Def Jam Recordings). She most recently completed a hugely successful world tour, "The Elusive Chanteuse Show" and an unprecedented run of six sold out Christmas shows at New York City's Beacon Theater, "Mariah Carey Presents: All I Want For Christmas Is You. A Night of Joy and Festivity." For more information visit www.mariahcarey.com
link

While the fumes continue to disperse from the haters, Mariah is set to settle down in Las Vegas with a huge check and dem babies.

tumblr_mkk3artWHw1rtjjupo2_250.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnAm-9UBa1k

cory64

$1.29 singles their power

Rihanna Total available certified units: 122.4 million
Beyonce Total available certified units: 60.5 million

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
!!!

Did anybody see Gone Girl? Came out on blu-ray this week. Rosamund Pike wow O_O

The movie is amazing an has an incredible soundtrack too, one of those rare soundtracks that elevates a film to the next level

rhandino

Banned
Was that last tour of Mariah really successful? I remember a member dragging the China concert because it was not sold out and the other (don't remember if was Japan or South Korea) after people were very harsh about her performance and how little she was in scenario...

I could be wrong thou =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom