• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
Best Pop Vocal Album
Ghost Stories – Coldplay
Bangerz – Miley Cyrus
My Everything – Ariana Grande
Prism – Katy Perry
x – Ed Sheeran
In the Lonely Hour – Sam Smith

It will be amazing if Katy manage to win this one tough... =/

I will seethe if Ariana win, something about her, her music and voice bother me so much.

Edit:
If that shit song gets a grammy then that'll be disappointing. On the other hand, the backlash that'll occur from Iggy winning a grammy will be a colossal kii to witness, so it's bittersweet.
It will be more amazing if Iggi win "Best new Artist", if only to see Azealia meltdown on twitter, again.

cory64

Best Rap/Sung Collaboration

"Blak Majik," Common ft. Jhené Aiko
"The Monster," Eminem ft. Rihanna
"Tuesday," I Love Makonnen ft. Drake
"Studio," ScHoolboy Q ft. BJ The Chicago Kid
"Bound 2," Kanye West & Charlie Wilson

Rih better get that eighth Grammy

Floridian

Performers so far:
Madonna
Lady Gaga ft Tony Bennett
AC/DC
Sam Smith & Mary J Blige
Katy Perry
Rihanna Ft Kanye & Paul McCartney
John Legend ft Common
Ariana Grande
Usher
Sia
Ed Sheeran
Hozier ft Annie Lenox
Miranda Lambert
Pharell
Eric Church
Adam Levine ft Gwen Stefani
Maybe Beyonce

3phemeral

Oh, posting about Mariah remixes? Good, My favorite one is the Fantasy Club Remix

The "It's just so sweeeeet" part melts my jaded and cynical heart and the part at the end with her two whistles is jusT...

Your faves could try but will never achieve.

ibbxsRfh2xCwWC.gif
It's just AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA​

MariahIfOYKFLY.gif

You're both wrong.
You meant to post this:
http://youtu.be/av1B16XL09k?t=6m12s

IT"S JUST SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Its just so SweeeeeEEEt! SweeeeeEEEt! Fantasy. SweeeeeEEEt! SweeeeeEEEt! It's just so SweeeeeEEEt! SweeeeeEEEt!
d433169643.gif

This gif is giving me everything I need rn, tbh.

MariahIfOYKCantI.gif

Most definitely!!! You've got good taste.

MariahIfOYKPattiKiss.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
on the one hand, Dark Horse is a bona fide slay of epic proportions

on the other hand, Charli's hook on Fancy is one of the biggest Pop Moments of the decade

it's tough

Fancy sucks. Dark Horse is a fun song though so I'd prefer to see it win. If Coldplay takes that category I will laugh eternally

So from our girls, we got Madonna, Gaga, Rihanna and Katy performing. Sia and Ariana too if we wanna step outside our cones of tolerance, lol. I'm really looking forward to all of them, tbh.

If Beyonce jumps in there too then fuck

SaintZ

Yeah Dark Horse is the better song but if Iggy wins the meltdowns are going to be glorious. Also, Charli deserves a Grammy (and I feel the song had more impact in pop culture).

Mau ®

Folk Singer Rihanna has re-entered the Top 3 on iTunes on all major english music markets with her song "FourFiveSeconds".

Poor baboons who hoped for a flop. Rhat always wins.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;150594962 said:
Folk Singer Rihanna has re-entered the Top 3 on iTunes on all major english music markets with her song "FourFiveSeconds".

it's a shame that the song still isn't any good

Partition

Banned
Mau ®;150594962 said:

Still a flop by Rihanna standards. Can't even outdo Applause. Shame.

Floridian

Mau ®;150594962 said:

Why is her song STILL not on spotify yet
2095c354.gif

Partition

Banned
Mau ®;150596636 said:
For you.

Um. It's performing better relative to We Found Love and Diamonds did in their early days. She never explodes like the other prostitutes.

That's due to Rihanna having no fans. She relies almost entirely on the radio. If the radio continues to pay this song dust, it's a flop.

cory64

Rhenna Taylork and Katheryn have the highest singles standards in the business.

The Hive wishes they could clock those kworbs.

Mau ®;150594962 said:

It feels like Rihanna's songs eventually do well because they get a big push on radio and with promo. It's never a big bang upon release. The question is why

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;150596636 said:
For you.

Some of us enjoy it :)

yeah but i mean when you put it in the context of it being rihanna, kanye, and paul fucking mccartney

it's a disappointing song and just not very good

Mau ®

It feels like Rihanna's songs eventually do well because they get a big push on radio and with promo. It's never a big bang upon release. The question is why

She doesn't have a big, commited stanbase like the other girls. She relies on the GP more than the others.

Mau ®

My favorite Janet songs happen to be from the All For You era.

That's also when I started listening to music so maybe that's why?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;150600254 said:
My favorite Janet songs happen to be from the All For You era.

That's also when I started listening to music so maybe that's why?

All my girls at the party
Look at that body
Shakin that thing
Like you never did see
Got a nice package all right

Hit it: 4, 3, 2, 1

All for you
If you really want it
All for you if you say you need it
All for you if you gotta have it
All for you make a move
All for you
06d67ef42b.gif

rhandino

Banned
Well I won't be hearing the "Lord" on my PS4 background in a few months so it's all good.

tumblr_inline_mp3gi9H7V41qz4rgp.gif
Don't worry, she is everywhere, let her gospel surrounds you...

ibvdLADhDxh0dc.gif

I hate her songs, but Lord has a nice ring to it...

----

I'm surprised that the folk efforts of Rihanna are making all these fumes, one would think that we would be celebrating when one of the big girls in the game try to make an effort to evolve and mark a new tendency, after all her 45 Seconds is not a bad song, even if its not the bop that all where expecting.

i7P5XjyWgoNt2.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Don't worry, she is everywhere, let her gospel surrounds you...

http://i.minus.com/ibvdLADhDxh0dc.gif[IMG]
[SPOILER]I hate her songs, but Lord has a nice ring to it...[/SPOILER]

----

I'm surprised that the folk efforts of Rihanna are making all these fumes, one would think that we would be celebrating when one of the big girls in the game try to make an effort to evolve and mark a new tendency, after all her 45 Seconds is not a bad song, even if its not the bop that all where expecting.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i7P5XjyWgoNt2.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

4 5 Secondhand Embarrassment is making me listen Kpop and Jpop more than ever.

T-ara, f(x), Secret, Davichi, Crystal Kay, Tsuki Amano, Jasmine, Nine Muses, 4minute, 2en1 etc. Get on it.

Latch

i7P5XjyWgoNt2.gif

it's just disappointing
it's flat and goes nowhere

it doesn't deserve any praise just because it's ~*real music~*

rhandino

Banned
it's just disappointing
it's flat and goes nowhere

it doesn't deserve any praise just because it's ~*real music~*
Well, I never said that I stan the song because is "real music" since for me music is music . It's just that I have some hopes for the album since the single is VERY different than her other efforts and one thing I don't generally like about popular artistis in general is when they entrap themselves so much in their "signature sound" that with time it gets boring and predictable. (Of course, trying to go in the other direction for the sake of it is also an error that some do, looking at you Shakira)

I HAVE problems with the songs tough: The lirycs don't make much sense, the Kanye part is meh and the struggle or whatever is Rihanna doing during the Kanye part is really weird, but the sound and tone is compelling and I think that I am here for her even if just for curiosity.

Hey, what's the best Janet song?

All of Janet's songs are bops, tbh.

Control, Rhythm Nation 1814, janet., The Velvet Rope, and All For You are all bop-filled albums. I am also partial to "Runaway", a breezy summer bop that was released in 1995 on her Design of a Decade: 1986/1996 album.

Even her first two "flop" albums Janet Jackson and Dream Street, released in 1982 and 1984 respectively, are among the best bubblegum disco pop creations of all time. IMHO

Cynosure

Performers so far:
Madonna
AC/DC
Sam Smith & Mary J Blige
Katy Perry
John Legend ft Common
Ariana Grande
Usher
Sia
Ed Sheeran
Hozier ft Annie Lenox
Miranda Lambert
Pharell
Eric Church
Adam Levine ft Gwen Stefani
Maybe Beyonce

dreadful
ill probably search for only 2 of those on youtube

ibs1oU48ox6grG.gif

Partition

Banned
I appreciate Rihanna trying to improve the quality of her work, but 45S is just not a good song. A good effort maybe. She'll probably just release some ratchet bop as the next single anyway, I kind of doubt her sound has really evolved considering she is working with DJ Musturd.

Touchdown

Banned
Performers so far:
Madonna
AC/DC
Sam Smith & Mary J Blige
Katy Perry
John Legend ft Common
Ariana Grande
Usher