• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn there are so many great songs on ARTPOP though. Aura's chorus is everything. Venus is a crazy fucked up acid trip. GUY is classic Gaga. Sexxx Dreams is one of the most unique songs in her catalogue. ARTPOP has this hollowness to it that goes against her typical "jarring" kinda style. Gypsy is pure happy. Applause sounds almost like another language coz the flow is so bizarre. I was listening to it today during lunch and was like Okay girl. I have a soft spot for the album and it comes out when I give it an unfiltered chance

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Sweat
Dripping down your chest
Thinking ‘bout your tattooed knuckles
On my thigh boy boy boy
Cold
Shower… you got no
Power to control
How I make you my toy toy toy
My hips rocking
As we keep lip locking
Got the neighbors screaming
Even louder louder
Lick me down like you were
Rolling rizla
I’m smoking…
Come and put me out.

I’m your dream girl
This is real love
But you know what they say about me…
That girl is a problem
Girl is a problem
Girl is a problem problem
Oh Baby
You so bad boy
Drive me mad boy
But you don’t care when they say about me…
That girl is a problem
Girl is a problem
Girl is a problem problem

tumblr_llyymcQqlS1qc9r85.gif

Damn there are so many great songs on ARTPOP though. Aura's chorus is everything. Venus is a crazy fucked up acid trip. GUY is classic Gaga. Sexxx Dreams is one of the most unique songs in her catalogue. ARTPOP has this hollowness to it that goes against her typical "jarring" kinda style. Gypsy is pure happy. Applause sounds almost like another language coz the flow is so bizarre. I was listening to it today during lunch and was like Okay girl. I have a soft spot for the album and it comes out when I give it an unfiltered chance
Venus slays me I think it's one of her best songs

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
venus is basically kind of trash. i mean it's kind of fun trash, but it's also disappointing to think that it's by the same artist that brought us so many exceptional pop songs.

Zutroy

That Rihanna thing took ages. Don't think it's actually the order I'd put them, but I'd happily listen to my top 15.

Code:
1	Rockstar 101
1	Cold Case Love
1	The Last Song
4	Umbrella
5	Cheers (Drink To That)
5	Man Down
5	We Found Love
5	Phresh Out The Runway
5	Diamonds
5	What Now
5	Fly
5	Who's That Chick
13	Birthday Cake
13	Pour It Up
15	Where Have You Been

venus is basically kind of trash. i mean it's kind of fun trash, but it's also disappointing to think that it's by the same artist that brought us so many exceptional pop songs.

She's not a robot, some will carry over better than others. It's hard to stay consistent especially when you put out your materials the first few cycles are really good. Curse of the songwriter is that people assume if they write one brilliant song they can write 20 more in a short span.

And we are back to our daily Gaga rotation lol

I still use ArtPop. I can't shade it.

I still use...

Aura
Venus
Guy
Sexxx Dreams
ArtPop
Fashion
Mary Jane Holland
Do what you want

rhandino

Banned
To think that not even new Madonna was capable of destroy this cycle...

2e4690151e.gif

From ArtPop I only use Venus, Applause and ARTPOP and that is...

1 We Found Love
2 Rude Boy
3 Umbrella
4 Man Down
5 Hard
6 Talk That Talk
7 G4L
8 What's My Name?
9 All Of The Lights
10 Take Care

Pretty accurate. We Found Love and Rude Boy on top were a given. The others are more or less interchangeable but all worthy of the top 10.

People ragging on Artpop should get some perspective.

Britney Jean

MDNA

Bangerz

Lotus

There. I couldn't even begin to give the tracklist for those.

Vazra

Britney Jean

MDNA

Bangerz

Lotus

Comparing plain diarrhea against diarrhea with chunks doesn't change the fact that all are shit hunty.

Comparing plain diarrhea against diarrhea with chunks doesn't change the fact that all are shit hunty.
Naah, the albums I mentioned practically have no redeeming qualities. Some of the shit on those genuinely made me embarrassed to listen to. Artpop on the other hand might not be a great album, but it has some bops and no real facepalmers.

Vazra

Naah, the albums I mentioned practically have no redeeming qualities. Some of the shit on those genuinely made me embarrassed to listen to. Artpop on the other hand might not be a great album, but it has some bops and no real facepalmers.

Jewels and Drugs, Swine and Dope say otherwise.

rhandino

Banned

Britney Jean

MDNA

Bangerz

Lotus

tbh, I don't think that Lotus was THAT bad and that sometimes is shitted because it was coming after Bionic.

I like "Your Body" and "Army of Me" and I still think that Xtina still has the powah to create at least good singles.

Phreaker

tbh, I don't think that Lotus was THAT bad and that sometimes is shitted because it was coming after Bionic.

I like "Your Body" and "Army of Me" and I still think that Xtina still has the powah to create at least good singles.

I also LOVED Let There Be Love. I know I'm repeating myself, but the biggest issue I have with Lotus is with that album's sound quality on several songs. I seriously thought there was something wrong with the download from iTunes.

rhandino

Banned
I also LOVED Let There Be Love. I know I'm repeating myself, but the biggest issue I have with Lotus is with that album's sound quality on several songs. I seriously thought there was something wrong with the download from iTunes.
!!!

Preach it, "Let There be Love" is also good very good. Let me go give Lotus a re-listen.

I hope you've got a safety net
'Cause I'm gonna push you over the edge
The strangest thing
Deliberate
Done with intent without repent

I hope you got some common sense
Turn around and walk away
The strangest thing
Deliberate
Done with intent without repent

T4SfUg4.gif

3phemeral

My tracklist for Artpop is this:

Aura (iTunes Festival)
Venus
Sexxx Dreams (iTunes Festival)
MANiCURE
Do What U Want
Artpop (iTunes Festival)
Swine
Donatella
Fashion!
Mary Jane Holland
Applause​

However, I'd rank them as:

Love:
Sexxx Dreams (iTunes Festival)
MANiCURE (iTunes Festival or Album)
Do What U Want
Artpop (iTunes Festival)Swine (ITunes Festival)

Like:
Venus
Donatella
Fashion
MJH

Sometimes like:
Applause
Aura​

MANiCURE is the only one where I can listen to either, but they both have traits that I wish she pulled from the live and put in the album and vice versa. Like how she sings "touch me - in the dark," in the live version she phrases it like "tew-wutch me - in the dark." I love the chorus changes in the album version but hate that weird pause she takes before "You're the -- the medicine" but love the "I need to heal the way, the way, the way you make me feel." But she sings "feel" with a C#5 and it would have sounded better as an F#5 (At least, I think that's the note I hear in my head).

Sexxx Dreams had only a few improvements on the album version, but it had too much going on with a ridiculous bridge. The iTunes Festival version had the superior bridge, only you could barely understand what she was saying.

Aura has a killer chorus but those verses are just lyrical vomit.

--------------

In other news, listening to the FFXIII soundtrack, and The Gapra Whitewood is giving me such Grimes teas.

Lotus was such a lazy output with a ton of tracks being little changed from the original version. It was as if Christina said fuck it during the conception of the album and let her record company choose tracks and she just sang them exactly like the demos. That said, I use Let There Be Love and Army of Me is occasionally cute. I liked Just A Fool initially but never really went back to it.

ibpAHDg8Pxs1JX.gif

Code:
1	Naughty Girl
1	Be With You
1	Signs
1	The Closer I Get To You
1	Work It Out
1	Upgrade U
1	Freakum Dress
1	Check On It
1	Lost Yo Mind
1	Disappear