• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Another Kid Rock scenario. Noel Gallagher Rolling Stone interview:

Do you listen to much pop?
No. It's fucking awful. Modern pop music is bland nonsense. There isn't even a word yet that's capable of describing it. If it was a color, it would be beige. Do you know what color beige is?

What about Taylor Swift? She's a pop star, but many people praise her talent as a songwriter.
[Laughs] Who says that? Her parents?

Lots of people.
Who's "people"? Name these people. You're fucking lying. She seems like a nice girl, but no one has ever said those words, and you fucking know it.

Did he lie though? Don't hold back

LuuKyK

iqNdMEVAqgTWr.gif

Hi.

Just wanted to know if there is a release date/window for the next Rihanna album since its probably the only one I am looking forward too and I am completely out of the loop with pop music lately. :(

Vazduh

Hi.

Just wanted to know if there is a release date/window for the next Rihanna album since its probably the only one I am looking forward too and I am completely out of the loop with pop music lately. :(

Hello!

It's definitely out this year, but when... Nobody knows. It should be out soon-ish, though, since the recently released FourFiveSeconds is the first single.

Vazduh

Another Kid Rock scenario. Noel Gallagher Rolling Stone interview:

Did he lie though? Don't hold back

I know that Noel Gallagher is a perpetually angry old fart, but he's priceless when it comes to insults. Some of his drags are absolutely i c o n i c:

On Keane: “I feel sorry for Keane. No matter how hard they try they’ll always be squares. Even if one of them started injecting heroin into onto his cock people would go ‘Yeah but your dad was a vicar, good night’.” (Herald Sun, October 2008).

On Kaiser Chiefs 'being wankers': “Well, they are, though. The worst thing about them is that they’re not very good. They play dress-up and sit on top of an apex of meaninglessness. They don’t mean anything to anybody apart from their fucking ugly girlfriends.” (Time Out: Chicago, December 2008)

On his brother Liam: “He’s rude, arrogant, intimidating and lazy. He’s the angriest man you’ll ever meet. He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” (Q, April 2009)

On Jack White: "Jack White has just done a song for Coca-Cola. End of. He ceases to be in the club. And he looks like Zorro on doughnuts.

On U2: "Play ‘One’, shut the fuck up about Africa." (The Daily Telegraph, February 2007)

On Lady Gaga: "Lady Gaga for me is all about that first album, because my daughter and my wife loved it. I've never heard of her since. What does that say? That speaks volumes, to me. She's another one. In fact, she's probably doing a shit on top of a boiled egg right now. And somebody will fucking freeze it and call it art."

On Live8: "I'm not sure about this Live8 thing. Correct me if I am wrong, but are they hoping that one of these guys from the G8 is on a quick 15-minute break at Gleneagles and sees Annie Lennox singing 'Sweet Dreams' and thinks, 'Fuck me, she might have a point there, you know.' It's not going to fucking happen, is it?" (The Guardian, June 2005)

3phemeral

I'm going to see Mariah in Vegas in July!!! ;laj;dlfja;lkdf;lkdasjf;lsdkj

32edef9c83.gif

I want to see her but my bf can't stand the Queen. He even admits he likes her songwriting but can't pull himself to listen to anything other than H.A.T.E.U. or When You Believe. Plus, I'm in Michigan and won't be back on the west coast for another year or two.

iZ0eUBQ6Td8j0.gif

Vazduh

Noel should shut up and take several seats. He sounds like a pressed, grumpy old man. Jesus.

Because he is. But after Definitely Maybe and (What's The Story) Morning Glory? he can do or say whatever he wants, because he's earned his place among the greats.

rhandino

Banned
I know that Noel Gallagher is a perpetually angry old fart, but he's priceless when it comes to insults. Some of his drags are absolutely i c o n i c:
You forgot to add when they called him racist after spilling the [ H O T ] tea about AKB48...

“I was stuck on there with a horde of shitty Jap self-proclaimed musicians, and there was a group of girls on there churned out of some factory called AKB48.

This is no joke, there were like 30 of them, all crappy brats aged 13-15. I suddenly started to feel very old.”

He didn't lie.

rhandino

Banned
The things that they suffer during their handshake events, dear lord...

“Before the handshaking, they (crazy fans) go to the toilets and onanise there, and attend the event with it on their hands. When one of the members goes to shake their hands, thinking them an ordinary fan, they get a sudden sticky sensation. Some members responded with a shocked ‘What the hell is this!?’”

royalan

I don't always follow K-Pop very closely.

But every time someone links me to Rainbow's stuff I tend to like it.

Them and that group 4 Minute. They entertain me. Work, ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom