• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

Jazmine Sullivan's album is pretty good tbh.

iKNLXKqzi3tRm.gif

royalan

I have a funny story about Jasmine Sullivan.

So I currently live in Philly, and Jasmine is from Philly. She also does a lot of her recording here, I'm told.

Anyway, when I first moved to Philly years back, I got a job as a server in the Center City (downtown area of Philly).

One night, on like a Tuesday, I'm asked to take a to-go order from the kitchen to the lobby of the restaurant for a guest waiting to pick up. No biggie.

Anyway, as I round the corner from the dining room and come into the lobby, I see a woman standing there in a dark green trench-coat and a long, glorious weave. Like, you could tell it was the good, expensive shit. Even from the back. Dark black, waves for days.

As I approach her, the woman turns around, and it's Jasmine Sullivan.

This was the same year "Need U Bad" was slaying the airwaves, but she still wasn't super well-known outside of R&B fans, and I guess she was hungry, which was why she was picking up her own food.

Anyway, I almost completely lost my shit, but I managed to contain myself enough to only blurt out, "OMG! Are you Jasmine Sullivan!?" Rude, I know, but I was completely blindsided. It took all I had to not just queen out.

And I'll never forget it: Here I am, super excited, goofy ass smile on my face, and Jasmine looks me dead in the eye, completely black expression, and is just like, "NOPE! Is that my food?"

I felt so stupid. I mean, I KNEW it was her. In my head I was like why is she lying to me? ;__;

Told her yeah, that was her food. She grabbed the bag, and without another word, walked right on out the restaurant. :(

Take you high from Kelly Clarkson is pretty awesome. I mean, it sorta starts off as a corny ballad almost to the point of sounding Christmassy, but then the fucking chorus punches you in the gut and turns it into an epic dubstep track. Not the shitty 'bass drop throw the turntable on the floor beep boop' dubstep either, but the euphoric hands in the air dubstep. Just great.

(although I wish the bass itself was a little more pronounced)

Someone posted an awesome alternate Blackout cover art recently. It was of brit sitting in her car with a cig in her mouth look exhausted by great in a messed up way.

Anyone remember?

royalan

Apparently ITT: My Prerogative isn't an 80s R&B bop...

Y'all realize that Bobby Brown wasn't always a punchline, right? That once upon a time he was a popular singer who made good music?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Apparently ITT: My Prerogative isn't an 80s R&B bop...

Y'all realize that Bobby Brown wasn't always a punchline, right? That once upon a time he was a popular singer who made good music?

I don't like the track in any way or form.

Touchdown

Banned
What a time to be alive tbh

The best of the best serving non-stop eternal bops, year after year

It will never happen again ;____:

Not completely on the same subject but.... I'm not sure how I feel about Rihanna tying Mariah's most top 10 radio songs record recently. Although I guess I'm glad it's Rihanna instead of some of the other current trash that's out there.

6093a06939.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom