• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Zendaya fans are disturbing (Almost as disturbing as some hive members)

The Hive doesn't play around.

zx2vN4d.gif

Phreaker

That list...
bde352f9db.gif

As for my list.

• Azealia Banks - Broke With Expensive Taste
  • Charli XCX - Sucker
  • Foxes - Glorious
  • Janelle Monae - Electric Lady
  • Kimbra - The Golden Echo
  • Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
  • Natalia Kills - Perfectionist
  • Natalia Kills - Trouble
  • Sky Ferreira - Night Time, My Time.
  • St. Vincent - St. Vincent

If it weren't for this group, I honest would not know hew a single one of them were outside Janelle Monea and Lana Del Rey...and maybe I would have heard of Charli XCX from the Pepsi commercial during the Grammys.

{ s h r i e k i n g }

compliment10.gif

Well where's a sis to go with my list, is it not pop?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I need to look up what pop/rock is because I get confused at times on why some albums are labeled as that.

People just think cause you add drums and a guitar it automatically makes it rock. Reminds me of the Katy Perry being called Rock by some sites with her first album instead of Pop or Pop Rock which is as far as it could go. Pink and previous Kellogs Claxon efforts had some rock instrumentalization on a few tracks and that gave em the pass I suppose. Still many artists getting classified into the category that don't make sense when they are Pop with some influences of Rock and on some cases everyone can tell the album is just pure Pop but the critics still put it somewhere else where they shouldn't.

So does the creature in your gif.

tumblr_muhisttmx71siff65o1_400.gif
Her album has more rock influence than Pure Benadryl

Now you sit down.
d661257df4.gif

Phreaker

It's alright. Someone is just hard to please

Some here seem to like un-pop, as in unpopular music, albums that debut with sales in the low 10s of thousands or worse. Surely my list is more "pop", no?

Don't get me wrong. I check out lots of the stuff that is posted and give thanks when I like it or buy it, but much of it doesn't interest me after listening. Still, I enjoy at least checking out what y'all are enjoying.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Some here seem to like un-pop, as in unpopular music, albums that debut with sales in the low 10s of thousands or worse. Surely my list is more "pop", no?

That new Kelly album can sell 25 million and that wont change the mediocrity that is within those 16 tracks.

May she find greener pastures in future endeavors
tumblr_ml4jdighnw1qi9dhho5_250.gif

cory64

I don't know why this doesn't get more attention but prior to Dec 1998 Urban and Urban AC stations weren't in Hot 100 airplay panel. Wonder how that would have affected Janhova and her 15 #1 Urban singles on the main chart.

Floridian

Don't get me wrong. I check out lots of the stuff that is posted and give thanks when I like it or buy it, but much of it doesn't interest me after listening. Still, I enjoy at least checking out what y'all are enjoying.

To me, sales don't matter. If it's quality or atleast pleasing to my ears upon listening then i'll stick with the albums. Pop music is pop music whether it sells 2k or 2m.

Phreaker

To me, sales don't matter. If it's quality or atleast pleasing to my ears upon listening then i'll stick with the albums. Pop music is pop music whether it sells 2k or 2m.

I agree, that's why I like checking stuff out that is posted. I have discovered some stuff I really enjoyed that I probably never would have heard of and likely hasn't sold well like Alpines, Betty Who, HAIM.

rhandino

Banned
Kelly album is good (for me at least) and there is only one song there that I don't really care enough to even shade.

The only terrible thing about it is the cover tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom